7 4.6%

14 9.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Iceland-scaled.jpg

EscGeek

Veteran
I'm already sold on Iceland's very own Ariana Grande. Keeping the 2000s contemporary R&B sounding fresh since 2013.xmusic

Brynja Mary :12:

opinionsigotem

Oculus Videre and Meet Me Halfway sound like the most likely winners from that recap. I love Dadi Freyr to death (another plug for his 2019 album which goes hard and you should all check out) but even if his song ends up being my favourite (very likely) I kind of don't want him to go to Eurovision? As stupid as that sounds?

Mrm

Veteran
Promising (based on snippets) for me, in this order:

1) Iva
2) Hildur Vala
3) Nina
4) Dimma
5) Brynja Mary
6) Elisabet (questionable, we will see)

I always prefer female Icelandic entries..
Please Iceland pick female, Portugal pick male.. :p

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Dadi Freyr, Dimma and Iva have me intrigued. I want to hear more of their songs. Nina's song sounds a bit... basic but I might be here for it. Will have to see.

Hildur Vala has me most interested from the snippets. That sounds like it could be gorgeous and right up my alley.

Mrm

Veteran
Dadi Freyr, Dimma and Iva have me intrigued. I want to hear more of their songs. Nina's song sounds a bit... basic but I might be here for it. Will have to see.

Hildur Vala has me most interested from the snippets. That sounds like it could be gorgeous and right up my alley.

Here you are:

opinionsigotem

Despite my comments above, Gagnamagnið is everything I could have hoped for, bless Daði and his continuing musical endeavours.

opinionsigotem

Thank you for providing the full songs Mrm!

Having heard all of them, I can confirm that Iva is the one to beat, Oculus has an has a organic, vernal quality to it and builds rather nicely towards the end, the lyrics connect with Iva as a blind performer - it isn't shoved in your face in a "charity song" way (as @BorisBubbles would put it) and I can't imagine she won't knock it out of the park live.

Meanwhile, Isold & Helga held my interest in the preview video above but I'm sorry to report I detest it and I'm TERRIFIED of it snatching a win, it reminds me of Sister in the worst possible ways.

Daði, Iva and Hildur make up my personal top 3 I think.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

FabiESC

01. Ísold & Helga - Klukkan tifar 10/10
02. Dimma - Almyrkvi 9/10
03. Iva - Oculis videre 9/10
04. Hildur Vala - Fellibylur 8/10
05. Nína - Ekkó 4/10
06. Kid Isak - Ævintýri 3/10
07. Brynja Mary - Augun þín 3/10
08. Elísabet - Elta þig 3/10
09. Matti Matt - Dreyma 2/10
10. Daði & Gagnamagnið - Gagnamagnið 0/10

I can only say they are four songs that are great and outstanding, that could be a strong final in Iceland, if they pass. I hope Ísold & Helga win this, i love this amazing ballad. xheart

tuorem

@Mrm thank you for the link xlove

Wow! What happened to Iceland?!

It's the first time ever I have several songs I could root for, and the whole lineup is actually very nice.

Here's my ranking after listening to the songs tonight:

1. Hildur Vala - Fellibylur: it has Mikaela Minga's stamp of approval. This will certainly be robbed one way or another, but it is just fabulous. This lunar mood speaks to my cloudy soul. Everything is perfect. And I've seen no Satanic English version. Send this guys, and you'll go straight to my top 1. I can't.

2. Iva - Oculis Videre: Ooh I've been dying to hear a religious chant-sounding entry at Eurovision! Battista Acquaviva's "Passio" was channelling that, but we all know how disastrous the performance was. Back to the song: it stands out, I like it and it may grow on me, but I'm not crazy about it as of now. Maybe the live performance will help me in this regard. There are layers in it though, these arrangements are refined and quite fantasy-ish without sounding cliché imo. I would scrap the English version though, go for the more mysterious option guys. This could be a moment no doubt.

3. Elisabet - Elta þig: this rhythm is addictive as heck! I'm vibing! Icelandic works perfectly there as well. I sense attitude. It does drag on a bit towards the end, but this is a very respectable effort imo.

4. Kid Isak - Ævintyri: chill pop song, not groundbreaking but I like the mood of it and Icelandic adds that extra something to me. Cute.

5. Daði Freyr - Gagnamagnið: I'm delighted to see him back and I think he did a great job at keeping his characteristic style. However, I don't like that effort as much as his previous one. I wish it were a bit more melancholic. I'd love him to go to Eurovision, but maybe another year.

6. Matti Matt - Dreyma
7. DIMMA - Almyrkvi
8. Brynja Mary - Augun þin
9. Nina - Ekko
10. Isold - Klukkan tifar

I've seen most acts have English versions of their entries... F*ck that! Showcase your language please, it sounds so good.

Hildur Vala is my chick. But Iva would be an interesting choice as well. I wasn't planning to follow Iceland's NF, but it seems like I'll have to now.

edit: ok, just kidding, Iva is growing on me already. Go girls!

Last edited:
  • Like It
Reactions: Mrm
Top Bottom