26 11.9%

11 5.0%

13 5.9%

14 6.4%

8 3.7%

14 6.4%

• Total voters

ParadiseES

Yeah :D Congrtaulations for writing an absolutely unnecessary and useless post xyaay

Let's hope Iceland also win the fake voting in for the final and then hosting a fake show next year in fake-javik xyaay

Come on you know its ********. A final without Iceland wouldn't be fair. There simply weren't 10 better songs in semi final. You don't even know how Iceland reached the final. Maybe on rank 10, one point more than the 11th place? So don't talk about fake

huh?? Did I say anything about Iceland?

I just said congratulations for winning the fake voting, which it's true! A little bit of sense of humour, please ;)

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Yeah :D Congrtaulations for writing an absolutely unnecessary and useless post xyaay

Let's hope Iceland also win the fake voting in for the final and then hosting a fake show next year in fake-javik xyaay

Come on you know its ********. A final without Iceland wouldn't be fair. There simply weren't 10 better songs in semi final. You don't even know how Iceland reached the final. Maybe on rank 10, one point more than the 11th place? So don't talk about fake
I think you misunderstood? Last night there was a voting rehearsal with all countries calling in to give their votes, which were obviously fake ones (meaning: not the votes they'll be giving tonight) and Iceland won the test voting last night.

ShoeFlo

I'm sorry :)

I got that wrong. You know there are so many rumours about cheating in this ESC (no yugo country in final, and the fact that the SVT can decide the order etc.) so I really thought that your post is an hint on that :D Because I also know that you don't like the Icelandic entry that much, I assumed that

Don't be cross with me

ParadiseES

I'm sorry :)

I got that wrong. You know there are so many rumours about cheating in this ESC (no yugo country in final, and the fact that the SVT can decide the order etc.) so I really thought that your post is an hint on that :D Because I also know that you don't like the Icelandic entry that much, I assumed that

Don't be cross with me

Actually, the Icelandic song has always been in my top-15... I just say that it doesn't stand out, though I like it ;)

dansige

His performance in the semi-finals was mindblowing. Never thought that it would go so well. Hope his performance tonight will land our country in the top10 but there are many good songs in this competition.

Áfram Eyþór :)

Lolinna

I have to admit that I have never heard this song before but I love it. It's called "An Angel".:D

A-lister

Veteran
Good luck Iceland!!! I really cross my fingers for a top. 10 atleast (or maybe more realistically the left half of the scoreboard). It would be great for ESC if it can pay off to bring back an entry in native language for the first time since the change of rules, maybe that would encourage Iceland to continue with that in the future aswell as other countries following.

But of course not just the language, it's a beautiful ballad but I would be a liar if I said the language didn't add alot to the overall package of it.

Anyways Good luck! xcheer

ShoeFlo

Well, place 17, 47 points.
Performance was brilliant, just like in rehearsals.. I think he was the best male singer in this contest.
Result is alright, I had no high expectation. Considering that Iceland was one of the biggest underdogs SOME WEEKS AGO (rank 37 in the odds I think) I already was really really happy that he even reached the final. Well, from Denmark I hoped for more points and in case of Finland I really thought that 8 or even 10 point are realistic, but nevermind. I think with a luckier starting number (between Denmark and Azerbaijan was the worst possible place) a place around 10 would have been realistic
Great to see that the German Jury has a good music taste and I see that my votings were useful :D (I called 15 times)
It's fact that this result isn't worse like the last year result, although Greta & Jonsi were one of the favorites. I think it's a success and I hope they will continue sending Icelandic songs to the ESC

A-lister

Veteran
This deserved alot better, but considering its starting position and other factors, I still think it's a minor win for native languages... atleast they managed to the final and faired decently if you take all factors into consideration.

Dark Master

Well, well, I take it Lucius Malfoy didn't take this result very well... ho-ho-hoo *evil laugh*

evija87

Result is OK, but I hoped for little better (silently Top10) more realistic, left side of scoreboard.

Well at least he did better than Greta and Jonsi. I am happy :p

Performance was briliant, song, singer and language. Iceland can be proud totally.

Celia

See Iceland? Not your worst position and in Icelandic! Please stick to it xpray

A-lister

Veteran
See Iceland? Not your worst position and in Icelandic! Please stick to it xpray

Yes, better position than last year's sell-outs, and actually Iceland's third best position in 10 years! :eek:

Stick to native language!

A-lister

Veteran
The best entry and performance tonight. Should have ended higher. :(

Not sure if I agree that it was the best performance, but yes I still think it's the best entry this year and deserved better...

I really hope though we'll hear more Icelandic in the future, considering it was one of their better rankings of the last 10 years.

Hele.

I so love your entry this year Iceland! xlove Thank you for great, honest and inspirational song and wonderful performance! xheart After NF, never imagined that will say this about this song, along with Denmark it was my favorite. So love it! xheart

Alberca

Best vocal performance of the night along with Ukraine (which I didn't like as a whole, unlike Icelandic entry). You got one vote from me. I loved it indeed. Stick to Icelandic!!

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Not sure if I agree that it was the best performance, but yes I still think it's the best entry this year and deserved better...

I really hope though we'll hear more Icelandic in the future, considering it was one of their better rankings of the last 10 years.

If the song next year suits Icelandic, then yes. It shouldn't be in Icelandic just for the sake of it, same with English.

A-lister

Veteran
If the song next year suits Icelandic, then yes. It shouldn't be in Icelandic just for the sake of it, same with English.

True, but then again I don't agree that contemporary music (like pop) should only be reserved to English xshrug

Top Bottom