26 11.9%

11 5.0%

13 5.9%

14 6.4%

8 3.7%

14 6.4%

• Total voters
Re: ICELAND 2013

Iceland is changing it's name and flag.. if it's a true news that we've heard in Turkey. So what's going to happen ?

Milos-BC

Iceland is changing it's name and flag.. if it's a true news that we've heard in Turkey. So what's going to happen ?

I think I warned you for something before, you don't remember?

Impressive

Banned

_deleted_

Milos-BC

Don't reply anything to him as he will not be able to see it anymore or reply back.

You can continue discussing anything related to Iceland and their upcoming participation in Malmo.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Speculation is rife as to an eagerly anticipated comeback for Jóhanna to the Icelandic national selection Söngvakeppni Sjónvarpsins, following broadcaster RÚV's announcment of all 12 song titles and composers.

Johanna_0.thumbnail.jpg

READ MORE

A-lister

Veteran

And now the whole forum will start wetting themselves over Yohanna and Birgitta :lol:

Johanna is extremely pretty and a good live singer for sure, her ESC entry 2009 was ok... but still a bit generic for my taste. I wasn't really fond of her previous entry in the Icelandic NF though. I'm pretty certain we'll get yet another half- bland ballad that will 100% get translated to English if chosen ... but we'll see, I'm open for a good ballad aswell. I hope they learned something from last year's mess when making an interesting entry bland with translating it however.

As for Birgitta, I never liked her entry (extremely bland!) and to this date I'm surprised at how well it faired. Johanna was also overrated in 2009, but atleast I can understand the appeal there.

A-lister

Veteran

If they end up having good songs, why not? Let the wetting begin! :lol:

Some ESC fans are predictable though, they'll always wet themselves over former contestants... :lol:

I mean Birgitta's song was cr*p to begin with, so based on that entry there's nothing to get excited over... but that's just my opinion of course.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

It's human nature, people like familarity so it's just makes sense that returning artists are popular. ESC is the only real big exposure for many artists in smaller countries so I can't really blame them for trying their luck more than just once.

Yohanna's 2009 song was only average to me but the performance was breath taking and she just looked beautiful.
Her 2011 NF song I liked a whole lot better so I expect something similar.

Birgitta's song was one of the better ones in 2003 which was a horrible year, thouh no master piece.

A-lister

Veteran

It's human nature, people like familarity so it's just makes sense that returning artists are popular. ESC is the only real big exposure for many artists in smaller countries so I can't really blame them for trying their luck more than just once.

Yohanna's 2009 song was only average to me but the performance was breath taking and she just looked beautiful.
Her 2011 NF song I liked a whole lot better so I expect something similar.

Birgitta's song was one of the better ones in 2003 which was a horrible year, thouh no master piece.

Of course, I'm not blaming people for being excited about these names but you gotta admit it's a bit predictable... ;)

I actually thought you'd be a fan of Johanna's song? I'm surprised...

2003 was a weak year, but even in a weak year I still don't get what was special with Birgitta's entry... had it been now then it'd been slaughtered in the semis I'm pretty sure.

GRE

Magni Ásgeirsson could be an interesting choice for Iceland,BUT his songs in national finals were not good.

A-lister

Veteran

Magni Ásgeirsson could be an interesting choice for Iceland,BUT his songs in national finals were not good.

In hindsight, I think his '12 entry was the best in the Icelandic selection that year.

But, then it was also partly copied of Hall & Oates' 'Out of Touch' which I think is a great song.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

Hopefully Magni will have a shot at winning...If it wasn't for "Mundu Eftir Mer", he would have been my favourite last year.

euronut

Banned

It's all about Birgitta for me. Does anyone know if tickets to the Icelandic final ever get offered to people outisde of Iceland. I don't think I have ever seen them go on sale.

euronut

Banned

Wasn't her song in 2011. I didn't know she had a song in 2009? I have just realised that Hera Bjork sang backing alongside Erna for Yohanna in 2009 - wow!

VikingTiger

Wasn't her song in 2011. I didn't know she had a song in 2009? I have just realised that Hera Bjork sang backing alongside Erna for Yohanna in 2009 - wow!

Yes, it was in 2011.... uups - sorry I put wrong year.

I also like Yohanna - I loved her 2009 (this time correct year) entry. And the song was quite popular in Norway that year.

Top Bottom