11 5.0%

13 5.9%

14 6.4%

8 3.7%

14 6.4%

• Total voters

tuorem

Re: ICELAND 2013

I know, and sometimes (like 2012 entry) it would have REALLY benefited from being in original language.

Yes, especially with the final placing they got :?, they could have gone for Icelandic all the way.

By the way, what's the point of singing in Icelandic in the national final and then ALWAYS choosing English for Eurovision?

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Yes, especially with the final placing they got :?, they could have gone for Icelandic all the way.

By the way, what's the point of singing in Icelandic in the national final and then ALWAYS choosing English for Eurovision?

I believe it's stipulated in the rules that all artists have to perform their songs in Icelandic, at least that is what Yohanna said last year which is why she didn't perform in English.

A-lister

Veteran

I believe it's stipulated in the rules that all artists have to perform their songs in Icelandic, at least that is what Yohanna said last year which is why she didn't perform in English.

Yup, it's in the rules. It was the same thing with MF until 2001, then 2002 all languages were allowed. I agree with tourem though, it's just stupid to have this rule while they simple translate it to English every year anyways. I mean I like the rule, but then they should keep it in Icelandic aswell, as it is right now it doesn't make much sense to me.

Muireanne

Perhaps a suggestion for Iceland? "Of monsters and men" is pretty popular in Europe for the moment...

A-lister

Veteran

Perhaps a suggestion for Iceland? "Of monsters and men" is pretty popular in Europe for the moment...

Wow I'm surprised, I didn't knew they were from Iceland :eek: I thought they were a British band... I really like them!

Impressive

Banned

Yup, it's in the rules. It was the same thing with MF until 2001, then 2002 all languages were allowed. I agree with tourem though, it's just stupid to have this rule while they simple translate it to English every year anyways. I mean I like the rule, but then they should keep it in Icelandic aswell, as it is right now it doesn't make much sense to me.

But why did Hera Björk sing in English?

Impressive

Banned

^
I am not sure what you mean?

You said that national final has a rule about singing in Icelandic. But that video is taken from National Final. This might be not live voice but as you can see, Hera Björk sings her song in English in national final.

A-lister

Veteran

You said that national final has a rule about singing in Icelandic. But that video is taken from National Final. This might be not live voice but as you can see, Hera Björk sings her song in English in national final.

Oh I see, well I'm not sure if they were having that rule every year (apparently not that year). It seems they've been a bit back and forth with that rule, but for the past years it's been consistent.

alca

Well their explanation is that since it is an icelandic contest (apart from also being their NF to pick their ESC entry) they should send the songs in icelandic.

TheLuflee

Augnablik (Composer: Sveinn Rúnar Sigurðsson Lyricist: Ingibjörg Gunnarsdóttir)

Ég á Líf (Composers and lyricists: Örlygur Smári & Pétur Örn Guðmundsson)

Sá Sem Lætur Hjartað Ráða För (Composer: Þórir Úlfarsson Lyricist: Kristján Hreinsson)

Þú (Composer and lyricist: Davíð Sigurgeirsson)

Vinátta (Composer and lyricist: Haraldur Reynisson)

Ekki Líta Undan (Composer: Sveinn Rúnar Sigurðsson Lyricist: Ingibjörg Gunnarsdóttir)

Kem Til þín (Composer and lyricist: María Björk Sverrisdóttir)

Lífið (Composer: Hallgrímur Óskarsson (Hal Oskarsson) Lyricist: Bragi Valdimar Skúlason)

Ég Syng! (Composers: Elíza Newman, Gísli Kristjánsson & Ken Rose Lyricists: Elíza Newman, Gísli Kristjánsson & Hulda G. Geirsdóttir)

Til þín (Composer: Sveinn Rúnar Sigurðsson Lyricists: Sveinn Rúnar Sigurðsson and Ágúst Ibsen)

Meðal Andanna (Composers: Birgitta Haukdal, Sylvía Haukdal Brynjarsdóttir & Jonas Gladnikoff Lyricists: Birgitta Haukdal, Sylvía Haukdal Brynjarsdóttir, Michael James & Primoz Poglajen)

Hjartað (Composer: Hallgrímur Óskarsson (Hal Oskarsson) Lyricists: Hallgrímur Óskarsson & Ashley Hicklin)

Söngvakeppni Sjönvarpsis (hope I wrote it right xrofl2) aka RÚV(Icelandic TV) has announced the song titles and the composers which will compete in SS 2013 xcheer

TheLuflee

Birgitta Haukdal and Maria Björk sound promising xparty. Can't wait for it xheart

DanielLuis

Oh I see, well I'm not sure if they were having that rule every year (apparently not that year). It seems they've been a bit back and forth with that rule, but for the past years it's been consistent.

They had it only this year nd last year.

alca

I loved Birgitta's song as well!! :D

There are rumours that Paul Oscar will sing Örlygur Smári's song! xcheer

Top Bottom