Contact us

I NEED TO LEARN SLOVAK

IncognitoGH

Ok guys, this is serious. I need to learn Slovak. I'm not even sure I have seen users from Slovakia ... but it's worth a shot. PLEASE HELP.

G

nofuxCZ

Hi there :D
Very interesting :eek: Why do you need to learn Slovak? :)
Well, I'm Czech but basically all Czechs and Slovaks are passively bilingual and can understand each other 100%. I think I could help you a bit :)

IncognitoGH

Hi there :D
Very interesting :eek: Why do you need to learn Slovak? :)
Well, I'm Czech but basically all Czechs and Slovaks are passively bilingual and can understand each other 100%. I think I could help you a bit :)

I might be spending the summer there, so I need to be able to speak and understand some Slovak! I studied some Czech, and compared to Slovak, I thought it was (a little) simpler.

nofuxCZ

I might be spending the summer there, so I need to be able to speak and understand some Slovak! I studied some Czech, and compared to Slovak, I thought it was (a little) simpler.

You thought Czech was a little simpler? :eek: Usually people say the opposite. Although there is not much difference, their noun declensions and verb conjugations are a bit more regular. Also the difference between spoken and written Slovak is not as big as in Czech :)

IncognitoGH

You thought Czech was a little simpler? :eek: Usually people say the opposite. Although there is not much difference, their noun declensions and verb conjugations are a bit more regular. Also the difference between spoken and written Slovak is not as big as in Czech :)

I didn't really dive into the language ... just from what I saw on the surface! I like both languages though, but they will be tough to learn! I would like your help :) Thanks

Top Bottom