Contact us

I ASIA VISION SONG CONTEST (full show)

chontono

Hi, I found the first edition of this contest, celebrated last October in Seoul.
The dynamics is still not like at ESC, I recommend you check the wiki page for info on it.
From that page
"The format consists of two shows, a Radio Song Festival and TV Song Festival.
Each participating country would submit a song to be performed on live radio and live television and then cast votes for the other countries' songs to determine the most popular song in the competition. The radio festival will be a competitive show with a panel of judges determining the top-3 prize winners. The television festival will be non-competitive."
Our Sound - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The winners were decided for different categories by the votes got from a jury, but only for the Radio Song Contest:
"South Korea won the Grand Prix award with the song "For a Rest" performed by boy band Billy Acoustie.[4] Danielle Blakey representing Australia won the gold award with the song "Fearless",[7] Brunei received the silver award with the song "Yang Terindah (So Beautiful)" performed by Maria Aires, with Sammy Ray Jones also representing Australia receiving the bronze award with his song "Rinet".[8] K-Town Clan representing Malaysia received the special jury award with their song "Party Animal".[4] Australian radio broadcaster ABC Australia will host the second inaugural festival in 2014."
There must be said that the songs from the Radio Song Contest and the TV Song one are not the same and so there is no winner from this televised show, but still it´s cool to see how others would do it ;).
Ok, Enjoy!xcheerxmusic

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
Re: I ASIA VISION SONG CONTEST

We have the section for Asiavision Song Contest already, so will move this thread there :D

A-lister

Veteran
Wow thanks for the clip! (although out of sync), I totally forgot about this contest... They postponed it so many times already that I thought it would never happen. Watching/listening to the clip as I write.

nekoisneko

Well, it was disaster for Indonesia in Radio song contest. IMO

we sent 2 entries and both failed and I don't like either. (boring ballad, amateur singer)

but I'm really happy that Maria did well in TV Song Festival. :D
(though she has really big mouth :lol: )

nekoisneko

Maria gave me goosebumps! She's fantastic!

I haven't found the full Radio song contest on YouTube yet.

She is the winner of some silly singing competition named "MamaMia" (so, the contestant consists of the singer and their Mama) :lol:
but she has great voice :D

as long as I know, Radio song festival was not aired

but here is the official website of ABU Radio Song Festival : Click here

and you can find the song in youtube (but almost all have studio version, not live)

hawadharma

Hi, I found the first edition of this contest, celebrated last October in Seoul.
The dynamics is still not like at ESC, I recommend you check the wiki page for info on it.
From that page
"The format consists of two shows, a Radio Song Festival and TV Song Festival.
Each participating country would submit a song to be performed on live radio and live television and then cast votes for the other countries' songs to determine the most popular song in the competition. The radio festival will be a competitive show with a panel of judges determining the top-3 prize winners. The television festival will be non-competitive."
Our Sound - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The winners were decided for different categories by the votes got from a jury, but only for the Radio Song Contest:
"South Korea won the Grand Prix award with the song "For a Rest" performed by boy band Billy Acoustie.[4] Danielle Blakey representing Australia won the gold award with the song "Fearless",[7] Brunei received the silver award with the song "Yang Terindah (So Beautiful)" performed by Maria Aires, with Sammy Ray Jones also representing Australia receiving the bronze award with his song "Rinet".[8] K-Town Clan representing Malaysia received the special jury award with their song "Party Animal".[4] Australian radio broadcaster ABC Australia will host the second inaugural festival in 2014."
There must be said that the songs from the Radio Song Contest and the TV Song one are not the same and so there is no winner from this televised show, but still it´s cool to see how others would do it ;).
Ok, Enjoy!xcheerxmusic

what?? party animal?? what song is that?? :eek:

Liam

We ruuuun yes weeeee run the night. Awesome song (one of my NSC entries in fact), but it's not appropriate for an ESC style contest. She was totally relying on backing vocals lmao!

Stuff

I am so disappointed its not a contest and each country have 2 entries because not enough countries join.

From what I remember (I watched the show last year so... >.>) each country only had 1 entry for the TV show.

Frankly, I don't think it' s so bad that it's not a competition, you just need to look at how many people complain about the voting in ESC, no matter what kind of system is used, in order to see how much trouble it can cause. Not to mention that there are countries that have been participating in ESC for decades, not years, and have yet to ever win and as a result host the contest. Like this, at least, all of the countries that participate in the ABU Song Contest are likely to host it at least once (if the show runs for long enough). Also, I think this also makes it more likely for the countries to send entries which are characteristic/unique to either their culture, their music scene or just simply what people like listening to at the time in said countries, instead of trying to go for something they think will appeal to as many countries in the show as possible (this is, from what I can tell, the main reason most countries sing in English or even go as far as buying songs from other countries in ESC).

Stuff

I remember the complaints that happen in Asian Idol. You are allowed to vote for your own country but you also have to vote for a second country. Many people decided to use Singapore as their 2nd vote not because they like the Singaporean singer but because they think Singaporean entry wont win due to their small population....... He won over singers more talented than him.....

nekoisneko

I remember the complaints that happen in Asian Idol. You are allowed to vote for your own country but you also have to vote for a second country. Many people decided to use Singapore as their 2nd vote not because they like the Singaporean singer but because they think Singaporean entry wont win due to their small population....... He won over singers more talented than him.....

I remember this one too,

It was kinda shock when Philippines or Malaysia or Indonesia didn't win that show

Stuff

had people decided to randomize their 2nd vote, it would have not happen....

On the other hand, Imagine how mess up eurovision would have been with this voting system.

hawadharma

Really?? I didn't know about this..
So this is why Hady won over Jaclyn Victor xcry xcry

nekoisneko

I think this happen in Indonesian votes :lol:

Top Bottom