Contact us

I am hopping on the bandwagon and PED is upon us

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
So a few other folks have created this iconic bandwagon, and I, as someone who will NEVER turn down an opportunity for vanity re: my musical taste and as a person who recently completed the top fourth-ish of a 2010s ranking, have decided to hop on this iconic bandwagon. With that (in spoiler because the next section is gigantic and, appropriately for a ranking by me, obnoxious):

Alaska49

YASSSSSSSS

also decades begin with the 0 year and end with the 9 year and that is final!!!!!!

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Let's get started, shall we?

Alaska49

notes:
- we need a "CHEESE: NOTES ON FASHION"-themed met gala so i can better understand the difference between cheese and camp
- if you remind me way too much of my singlehood i will chop your fingers off but like with love or something
- my three favourite cheeses are just danbo, parmesan and minas cheese, the most common non-mozzarella cheeses in brazil; my pitifully low brow taste for cheese is both literal and figurative
- oh yeah spirit in the sky fucking slaps lol
- korake ti znam, on the other hand? not even a so much a poke in the back for me lol :( i do love when people write about songs i don't really care much about because it gets me paying more attention than i usually would but it's just not my thing
- not to leave you hanging though, et uus saaks alguse is not really my thing either; i did click that link eagerly expecting it to be a zeljko joksimovic composition however and was disappointed
- i am not sure i can deal with very many rupaul's drag race references for that show will destroy the gay community faster than you can sing the lyrics of look away, but as a good friend i will try my best
- zero gravity is at least 90 spots too low and you are cancelled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- how would they not show kate's pole? just like a technical question because i don't think it would be possible even in optimal conditions let alone in the [gif of spongebob's brain on fire] that was KAN's hosting

your write-ups are incredible and i demand many more of them

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
notes:
- we need a "CHEESE: NOTES ON FASHION"-themed met gala so i can better understand the difference between cheese and camp
- if you remind me way too much of my singlehood i will chop your fingers off but like with love or something
- my three favourite cheeses are just danbo, parmesan and minas cheese, the most common non-mozzarella cheeses in brazil; my pitifully low brow taste for cheese is both literal and figurative
- oh yeah spirit in the sky fucking slaps lol
- korake ti znam, on the other hand? not even a so much a poke in the back for me lol :( i do love when people write about songs i don't really care much about because it gets me paying more attention than i usually would but it's just not my thing
- not to leave you hanging though, et uus saaks alguse is not really my thing either; i did click that link eagerly expecting it to be a zeljko joksimovic composition however and was disappointed
- i am not sure i can deal with very many rupaul's drag race references for that show will destroy the gay community faster than you can sing the lyrics of look away, but as a good friend i will try my best
- zero gravity is at least 90 spots too low and you are cancelled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- how would they not show kate's pole? just like a technical question because i don't think it would be possible even in optimal conditions let alone in the [gif of spongebob's brain on fire] that was KAN's hosting

your write-ups are incredible and i demand many more of them

I would like to put your notes in a book and put it on my coffee table. As for the last one, there are plenty of shots once they're moving around where it's just the torso-up. They could've just used those (but, again, glad they didn't). Onward and upward!

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Liking Korake Ti Snore but hating the literal adorableness of Et Uus Saaks Alguse is NOT an acceptable choice. At all.

I like the other choices though. There's definitely an abundance for emotional introvertedness and that's nice to see. LoveWave was robbed by :checks notes: at least 92 spots tho :-)

Alaska49

more notes!!
- amandine SLAYS. she had no staging and i didn't even care. sold it sold it sold it. deserved more than she got, both in staging and in points. imagine if they sent it this year, both in current led screen staging standards and current "france actually gives a fuck now" standards. TOP 10 PLEASE AND THANK YOU.
- i never thought you'd just put a bunch of vocally impressive performances here. that's boring. you're not boring. or *too* boring, everyone is allowed to be a some amount of boring by the FDA i think.
- lol pahr duncan laurence. i am so fine with his victory. he is very emmelie de forest. a very nice human, with a very nice song, with very nice staging, that not once challenged my brain and never will in a million years, but sometimes that's fine. sometimes it's what i need.
- i do understand and respect your right to resent it though, and i would understand it even if it was 100% because of his fans. i did pretty much just declare rupaul's drag race to be trash because of the fans lol.
- anyway CLÁUDIA!!!! i love her so much. it's tragic that she achieved the rare feat of downgrading her staging from the NF to eurovision, which ended up getting her last place, but the song is beautiful and the lyrics hit so hard. when isaura turns her chair around in the NF, i feel the impact like a gunshot.
- two posts in and my probable top 2 of the decade is already out. BYE. lovewave is my religion. loved it from the day the song was released and didn't even think it could get better but it did. strong contender for favourite entry ever (shortlist: lovewave, sanomi, rendez-vous, le dernier qui a parlè, sokrati).
- AND you added a rpdr reference in HER write-up. you HATE me. xcry1
- i do agree the semifinal performance is the canonical one, though. the grand final one was still great but just a bit off, just a bit less iconic. it is the semifinal one that leaves me bald every single time. she has that in common with kate this year!

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Alaska49

Hehe, I wasn't even thinking of him. I was thinking, like, Freddie. But yes, now that you bring it up, also "Arcade."
i was going to say that the whole point of literal arcades is to be difficult to sit through and make you pissed off, but then again, what would eurovision if not that? the jury in particular is basically there to eat all of your coins and run you off the place crying.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Alaska49

- i don't remember the original version of lucie's song at all and i don't remember thinking the revamp was that different back then lol. is that weird? i do usually think people freak out too much over revamps but still. anyway this was a good entry and one of the very few times the televote let me down this decade.
- spain is still definitely worse than the uk lest we forget the emotional traumas we endured to get miki lol. uk just needs to lock sia in bbc's basement or something.
- speaking of me thinking people usually freak out too much over revamps, perralle/fairytale is basically the only one mentioned that i had actual negative feelings about lmao
- anyway FUN FACT stones is the only 2018 entry that is geoblocked for brazil and i don't understand why and shit like this that makes me think that maruv's contract drama should probably happen more often than it does lol
- i don't think semi 1 results were thaaaat weird other than The Irish Abomination We Shall Not Name Ever Again. i always thought stones was good, but also always thought the semi was too crowded for it to advance. with juries suddenly (but rightfully) loving mall, there was really no room. the televote leaving it for dead didn't help.
- really? tooji? YOU KNOW THE BLOOD HE HAS ON HIS HANDS, RIGHT??? [doremdeideideideideideideia intensifies]
- but really, while i do understand where you're coming from, watching a Clearly Gay Man trying to sell me a pretty straight boy concept is just kind of painful. he doesn't even hit one of the two moods i accept for this concept, which are 1) repressed gay tension bursting in the heat of the moment (example: imri ziv in the semifinal), 2) not even half of an attempt of looking straight (example: sergey lazarev, more extreme example: daniel oliver in the icelandic NF this year). he's just... there, being sort of gay but also weirdly eager to sell his concept. it's narm.
- it doesn't help me that both song and staging is just discount store eric saade. tooji, we just had eric saade a year ago. he was better. i can smell ham just from typing popular in the youtube search. you are not on his level you will never be on his level [/naomi campbell].
- i do love tooji now that he freed himself from the shackles of this, though. please do MGP again and show us what you can do now, tooji!!

Alaska49

UPDATE: it has come to my attention that daniel oliver is in fact an out gay man by the way of daniel oliver saying it himself in the youtube comments of his own performance, which removes him from the aforementioned trope. i apologize for my confusion and thank daniel oliver for the representation served this year in the form of extremely homosexual butt shelves. SAMT EKKI EKKI EKKI.

tuorem

Yaaass! I'm living for these reviews xlove Keep 'em coming sweetheart [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION] xkiss

We have such similar tastes, that's crazy. :D My body is ready for what comes next, I expect some entries in particular to be featured, I can't wait to read your comments about them.

-Nice to see "Korake Ti Znam" in your top, I always thought that one was underappreciated. I miss Bosnia.
-Justice for "O Jardim"! xcry1 The song and performance moved me from day one. Totally undeserved result imo, I blame the juries for not supporting such a quality effort. It doesn't surprise me viewers overlooked that one, but "experts" should have known better.
-"Stones" deserved a better fate as well. I didn't 100% connect with the song at first (now it's in my top 10 that year), but the performance turned out to be very convincing and enticing to me. It was a mood, I remember writing on the forum about how it looked and felt more like a concert performance than merely a Eurovision one imo, which I found refreshing. With that being said, I still fail to understand why it received so few points from televoters. xthink

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Luciebot3000 xheart RIP my sweet malfunctioning android princess. xrose

God I love "Stones" LOVELOVELOVELOVE IT. One of my favourite NQs EVER. It's a mental health awareness song that manages to both nurture AND empower, all at the same time. That shot of Coco with the flare is pure unfiltered power. I will never forgive Hans Pannecoucke for murdering it via wideshots. NEVER!!!

(also I need ZiBBZ back in my eurovision life asap, since the rest of their non-esc discography also lowkey slaps lol. Hopefully they are ready to return for Switz once Coco is back from maternity leave)

I can't get behind Tooji love though, given that he robbed Joan Franka, Litesound and Sofi Marinova. I may have LOL'd irl at him distributing roses backstage to curry favour with the delegations and then finishing last anyway lmfao xheart

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Top Bottom