Contact us

Yeto-Ya-Yeto 228: Ariana Grande - yes, and?

Lenalite

HINT 5

Last edited:

Lenalite

NSC 183
latest

Hypjø

Yes, we are finally sending K-pop again after SO long. I have been meaning to send BLACKPINK for years now but it was never the right time. Having debuted with KARA in July 2010, this is the time to go back to our roots. This is so special. This is me coming out as #blink.

BLACKPINK in your area!

xx

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
Rina Sawayama - Alterlife xlove
Still one of my favourite discoveries since I returned to the contest and so glad it got justice in Congrats 16 after the shocking DNQ in 157 xexcuseme

Lenalite

NSC 187

We are sending our favorite song from the Serbian cock-destroyer supergroup Hurricane so as to honor our very dear friend @VasilijeM and his victory with that horrible ethno-song last edition. I assumed he would be hosting the edition, in which case us sending this entry would have been even more iconic, but William is doing a great job as well and the motivation behind our entry still stands.

I want to thank Vasilije for being a great friend whom I have known for almost 10 years now — thanks to this contest and ESCunited. He has hosted me in his home in the Netherlands, visited me in Austria many times and even attended the Froot Tour with me in Hungary. Our friendship crosses borders and dimensions and I am so grateful that he chose this planet for his cosmic landing. A true #GenZinternetfriendshipturnedsisterhoodforeternity xheart

Love you so much boo!
xo​

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
NSC 187

We are sending the Serbian cock-destroyer supergroup Hurricane so as to honor our very dear friend @VasilijeM and his victory with that horrible ethno-song last edition. I assumed he would be hosting the edition, in which case us sending this entry would have been even more iconic, but William is doing a great job as well and the motivation behind our entry still stands.

I want to thank Vasilije for being a great friend whom I have known for almost 10 years now — thanks to this contest and ESCunited. He has hosted me in his home in the Netherlands, visited me in Austria many times and even attended the Froot Tour with me in Hungary. Our friendship crosses borders and dimensions and I am so grateful that he chose this planet for his cosmic landing. A true #GenZinternetfriendship xheart

Love you so much boo!
xo​
Thank you so much for these kind, empowering words cherishing our long-lasting sisterhood!!! ❤ ❤ ❤ Noticeably, there's always space left for exploration and growth, essentially by sticking together - sky is the limit in every sense.

original.gif
original.gif

Lenalite

abstract-background-with-dark-square-pattern_1048-1391.jpg

The past two days have been so difficult. I am slowly starting to accept the fact that we have lost SOPHIE. It still does not feel real. Her music made me feel like I had a place in this world, and like I belonged. She made me feel liberated and free. And less lonely. Especially because I am a gender non-conforming trans individual, she meant so much for me and our community. My friends and I have been in pure shock and grief, trying to remember that she would want us to enjoy her art no matter what. But it is difficult.

Her music was the soundtrack to some of the happiest and most joyous moments of my life, as well as some of the darkest ones. I don’t know if I will ever be able to focus on the joy she’s brought me, knowing that she is not with us anymore. I am also worried that I might never feel as liberated, included and unapologetic as she has allowed me to feel. But her music will always mean something more, and something eternal. I still cannot forget the day I got to meet her. This is the first time I feel like I lost someone so dear and so close to me. Rest in Power SOPHIE. As you once said, God is TRANS!

Last edited:

Lenalite

Not to be shady to anyone who may have liked/stanned our entries in the 80s, but this was a throw-away decade for us where we did not curate our entries in a cohesive/meaningful way. Meaning, there was not much thought put into our entry selection process/our country's identity to a point that our entries were chosen rather impulsively - be it because of our lack of interest in NSC at that time or the pandemic. This is going to change in the 90s and Hypjø will continue on a more cohesive and authentic note where we will send songs that are more dear to us.

Which brings me to Congrats 19. There were only 3 songs we would feel comfortable sending to Congrats 19. Those were Never Ever, Rain on Me and Whole New World/Pretend World. We eliminated Never Ever because it is not 2020 enough for us to be sending, even though it is one of our favorite entries we have sent this decade. We eliminated Whole New World/Pretend World because we are still not ready to listen to SOPHIE without feeling sad after her passing. Which could only mean that we are sending Rain on Me!

There could not have been any other song that would define the year 2020 better for us. It was really the only right option, the only song that turned the party up and gave us hope. What is more, it was sent on our 10th-human-year anniversary to celebrate our NSC debut back in 2010 and to highlight our Sereclarish legacy. It is important to note, however, that this is probably going to be the last Sereclarish entry we are sending for a while.

Last edited:

Lenalite

11th anniversary and 140th entry:
We are celebrating Hypjø's 11th year at NSC! If you want to get involved with the song-selection process for this special occasion, like this post and I will contact you by the end of the week!
PS: No pressure, the participation is not binding - you can always ghost me if you don't have the time!​
xo

Lenalite

So happy to see that 8 people have shown interest already!

I will be sending out the DMs tomorrow, but I need to finalize the setlist first. The selection is going to include 4 songs (from 4 different artists) and you will be picking the two you like best.

PS: This is not a national final per se, so no strings attached! Think of it more like a survey. Even though we will take your opinion into consideration, Hypjør TV will be choosing the final entry on its own terms. I hope this does not offend anyone - because we still value your opinion. xheart

Top Bottom