Contact us

Hungary - Bohemian Betyars - Arra Vágyom

Gabor77

ZQE9Vx4.png

d1dDFyD.png

BernadetteCydonia

Re: Magyarország more like magyarÖRSzág ► WV 93: AWS - Édes, mint a só

Now here's hoping that they'll finish way better than barely qualifying from the semi. :lol:

(and that giffed moment above will still melt my hear for years to come. That feeling when your faves acknowledge you even if on purpose xheart)

BernadetteCydonia

Re: Magyarország more like magyarÖRSzág ► WV 93: AWS - Édes, mint a só

Another contest; another 21st for the boys... but this time in semi...

Ah well. It was nice to have submitted something else from them post-Eurovision. They have definitely stolen my heart and won't give it back until I fall in love with another ESC contestant just as much xheart so it's truly that "aaaawwww(s)" that I feel from them. Nothing else to say than thanks for A Dal 2018 for letting me know of the 5, Hungarians for choosing them and the 5 for merely existing, they're such a fun 5-piece you cannot really hate them for their actions xlove still wuving u my babies xheart

Oh and yeah, already got a plan for edition 94 btw, it will be miles better than that, you'll see ;)

p.s.:

BernadetteCydonia

Re: SZIA! Magyarország is here~ ^^ ► WV 94: Onwards to Los Angeles with... another ESC alumni! :O

Now that WV 93 is done and dusted, it's time to move on... and wish best of luck to Örs and his lovely fiancée in life! ^^

As I happened to spoil myself the winner by entering the WV subforum without any caution, I did change the title of this thread AND unveiled Hungary's new plans! This time it's yet another participant Hungary has had in Eurovision... and sending AWS again would be a bit of an overkill so they're in the shelf for now. ;) It's a totally different one. I promise. BUT!.. only time will tell if we move on from fiancé to actual husband & wife (aka NOX)... you guys who ruled Hungary overtime reeeeeeeeaaaaally loved to send these two. :rolleyes: :lol:

BernadetteCydonia

Re: SZIA! Magyarország is here~ ^^ ✌ WV 94: Kállay Saunders Band - Victory

:hu: BOARDING AND SETTING SAIL, BUT WILL VICTORY PREVAIL? :hu:

iCjkPmL.png

Why this song?

Not gonna lie, I saw it on another contest too. :D This time I remembered how was it robbed on the NSC prototype contest we have on .net and decided I should give it another chance in here because... maybe it will find a greater audience in here? Oh and also the 'victory' theme matches the great theme of this edition where #everybodyWINS! xcheer

All the best András, only the best!

*insert at least a gif of András in ESC 2014 here*

P.S.: on a random note, AWS boys named 3 Hungarian entries they liked when asked of their favourite Hungarian entries by a few of the interviewers. They were "Sound of Our Hearts", "Kedvesem" and... "Running". :D Yeah the formermost entry got mentioned more than the other two (and so was the middle one) but yeah :p

BernadetteCydonia

Re: SZIA! Magyarország is here~ ^^ ✌ WV 94: Kállay Saunders Band - Victory

It seems that Brockhampton did not bring any luck this time. Alas...

Hey, but it's not the end of the world! But it will be tomorrow CET when I'll take my maths exam! :D Kidding aside, still thanks for voting "Victory", even if there's only few and far in between of you who have done this, AND even if the song is cursed to not qualify in TWO contests in different ESC fan forums hahah. Love you, kids. xheart

And I'm not giving up until I qualify again tbh, so hopefully you'll watch out for the next edition, ya fricks! ;)

p.s.:

Normally this is where I'd put other uses of my entries but this time it's the artists themselves doing their song... but acoustic :D

BernadetteCydonia

Re: SZIA! Magyarország is here~ ^^ ❤ WV 95: Onwards to Leinster with... yet another ESC alumni?! :O

Alright, edition 3 with me and Hungary.

Regards the title. At this point you'd swear I'm already out of singers but hear me out on this one. I decided to originally send something not from Eurovision, but yet another band comprised of male people xD But as this kind of thing does us no good for twice in a row already, we decided to take a break and pick something kind of different from ESC alumnis that is nothing quite like a male band concept. Sorry, Compact Disco and V.I.P. :(

This is not a repeating artist from what I sent either, so neither of the past two acts for revenge.

You're only stuck with these:

Friderika, Csaba Szigeti, Charlie, NOX, Magdolna Rúsza, Csézy, Zoli Ádok, Kati Wolf, ByeAlex, Boggie, Freddie, Joci Pápai.

hmmmmm... xthink

BernadetteCydonia

Re: SZIA! Magyarország is here~ ^^ ❀ WV 95: Szilvia Péter Szabó - Hív a világ

:hu: CALL THE WORLD, IT'S HUNGARY COMING AGAIN! :hu:

3xi9.png

Retroactive banner recreation because Eulaliya lost access to the original ones </3

Why this song?

Yep, I obligatorily had to resort to send NOX :L ...but only half of it! Wow what a twist haha lol ;) Anyway, I remembered it at the back of my head like a couple of months ago, ready to send it to another contest over on .net (now I got to send it but 1 edition too late, Kimmy has evidence :V). And looking back at how uneasy is my luck/qualification record in here with this lovely country, I went for a different route than all-male band to send a woman! Who's a woman hater now, Kimmy? :)

Third time lucky, IN THE NAME OF THE SPIRIT OF THE NYÁR I PRAY.

tumblr_oyt5n3HTAV1tdp3q8o3_400.gif

(this is actually a gif from one of her other music videos, that song's called Egyszer még...)

An obligatory text reminding you all that with NOX (or at least both of their members) ended two runs of a few past players that used to have Hungary, and they both managed to qualify (and so did one of them start but I whatever). Will this mean I will move on to Austria or something? :eek: To be continued...

Last edited:

BernadetteCydonia

Re: SZIA! Magyarország is here~ ^^ ❀ WV 95: Szilvia Péter Szabó - Hív a világ

Kajeebus Christ... yet another failure... xthink

Well at least I had fun with presenting something not just NOX to this contest, hah. Thanks to your support nevertheless folks, I really appreciate you voting this song because you did ;) Especially Dutchball. You rock.

Although I'm not that upset actually, as it qualified on that .net contest I mentioned prior in spirit :D so I'll wish for good luck to it on there even more.

So it seems that the past ESC artists shtick is holding me from qualification, which is a shame cuz I had one more entry to send from these artists. Yes, I had one more entry to send. I won't give up on Hungary until I at least qualify in WV with it lol. This poor little ESC semi-powerhouse needs more attention and other artist than NOX (and Tibor Kocsis and Gigi & Kati & Szonja and Wellhello but who cares about them right? ^^) to qualify to the WV final! So I will continue until my job here would be done and I'd fancy to change regions again! Which is not soon, not just now! HAJRÁ MAGYAROK!! xcheer

And so it means that we'll have to schedule that ESC artist to be the 4th one in a row I'd be sending instead of what I initially planned, just to get a qualification, goddammit.

p.s.:

BernadetteCydonia

Re: SZIA! Magyarország is here~ ^^ ❀ WV 96: Onwards to London with a first post-ESC single!

Gotta keep on mining 'til we get to a hit.

So it just so happened AWS released a post-Eurovision song on their own, and according to this thread's title, it might as well go to consideration as my next entry, but I'm not sure if it'd look like I'd be sending them because of me flopping with them not so long ago, so thank God there's another weapon loaded up for me to use just in case. And yes, ESC artists don't look like my strong forte but I gotta keep on trying with it... THEN, and ONLY THEN, I'm finally bringing on some non-ESC (and hopefully non-A-Dal) alumnis! Thank God for these existing as well! xheya

P.S.: I've been to a camp that's Kaunas 2022 related and met 3 Hungarians*, and only one of them knows of Eurovision. I was discussing some seasonal words in Hungarian and the greetings in the languages as well, and at some point that Eurovision watcher revealed himself by saying smth like "Ohhh, Viszlát nyár! Eurovision!" One of his favourites this year was Austria iirc.

* - 2 Hungarians and 1 person that's technically Hungarian but lives in Romania as for now. And yes, he acknowledges the war between the two because of Transylvania. And that's the guy who likes Eurovision. The other two were girls.

BernadetteCydonia

Re: SZIA! Magyarország is here~ ^^ ❀ WV 96: Onwards to London with a first post-ESC single!

:hu: FOURTH TIME'S THE CHARM? TIME TO FIND OUT! :hu:

WQi5MIf.png

Why this song?

Miserable times call for drastic measures I'm afraid. :X I like this song but back in the day it was lowkey popular on .net's contests, to the point one person almost considered to drop off from sending this song because it won another contest in .net prior. And after that we thought that song was gonna win that other contest, but it only came 8th (where my 'unoriginal' song choice made me land on top 3!). Yeah.

Here I am, bringing this song back up as apparently someone still does in Twitter ESC fan contests because... neither of the newer Joci releases satisfy them enough/as much as "Origo" did. And this is here to get the country onto the final 11 editions later. Hopefully. Yes of course I'm here to also bring music I like but it's better that Hungary doesn't get even more underrated here than they already are in Eurovision for all the likeable A Dal winners they displayed. The one thing they do that I don't? Qualify, of course! And I wouldn't mind changing that. and I'm well aware that Kimmy will laugh this off my face if I don't this edition, but it's actually necessary to have all that determination inside to keep on going with an unlucky region/country sometimes rather than finally giving in with a region of a musically big land after just a short time because you didn't qualify three times in a row :)

With that bitter bitch speech out of the way (that usually no one reads anyway), best of luck to Joci the ESC 2017 gypsy king! xcheer

tumblr_inline_os687bltYD1uj0mew_400.gif

(would've used that Grand Final Parade gif of his but cba to find it/use the Arabela25 one and crop the other gifs out from there/make one myself, so here's one that features his dancer having her fingers all on him because she's also in my current entry's videoclip as someone pointed out. Insert a comment about Joci's wife's reaction to this collaboration here... [/ohlordwhydidievensayallofthis])

BernadetteCydonia

Re: SZIA! Magyarország is here~ ^^ ❀ WV 96: Joci Pápai - Özönvíz

2iftXKY.png

FINALLY! Hungary is in the final 10 editions later! It's not a precisely huge timegap but still! xheya

BernadetteCydonia

D0wvONV.png

After 10 editions, with a couple of actual breaks from the competition, Hungary is back in the WV final! Hoping for at least a decent enough performance score-wise :D xcheer

BernadetteCydonia

and now my first ever post-post after qualification with Hungary:

It's fine, coming 17th after a couple of missed hits is fine. At least Hungary was once a finalist under my 'rulership'. It would have felt sour to me if I left this country without qualifying with them for a single time. Plus, I guess it's cool I did not win as I wouldn't be able to provide my theme of choice this easily and quickly as I'll be in another city for 5 days and their internet café uses Linux Mint (0_0) so preparing an additional post with dates and all that would have been difficult. But then again, what contest would "Özönvíz" even win now that it's quite past its initial prime? :lol:

So yeah. I guess I am alright with my goal satisfied. But that's not all. However, I am aiming for another goal's completion so I'll have Hungary for some more (perhaps 2-3 more editions regarding on how will those with pieces of the UK). Stay tuned! ;)

p.s.:

BernadetteCydonia

Re: SZIA! Magyarország is here~ ^^ ❀ WV 97: Onwards to Western USA with some folk 'n' rock! 🤘

Ok so I haven't got the singlemost clue what song should I send... :lol: BUT I know the artist. :D

Here's a hint: one of the ESC entrants for Hungary was a supporting act for this one. ;)

ferret

Re: SZIA! Magyarország is here~ ^^ ❀ WV 97: Onwards to Western USA with some folk 'n' rock! 🤘

Try to surprise us with something... Send an artist who did not participate in Eurovision yet! Or Australia will do it. :lol:
Do you mind if the Hungarian musician is chosen by a representative from another country? Not this time, but it can happen soon. ;)

BernadetteCydonia

Re: SZIA! Magyarország is here~ ^^ ❀ WV 98: Onwards to WV 97 winner with some folk 'n' rock! 🤘

Change of plans: due to my uncertainty songwise I accidentally sat out an edition. :oops: Oops.

Try to surprise us with something... Send an artist who did not participate in Eurovision yet!

don't worry it's not from ESC ;)

Do you mind if the Hungarian musician is chosen by a representative from another country? Not this time, but it can happen soon. ;)

wait... an Australo-Hungarian?! :eek: I wanna know more now! :O

BernadetteCydonia

Re: SZIA! Magyarország is here~ ^^ ❀ Hiatus, after that: Onwards to WV XX winner with some folk 'n' rock! 🤘

It appears that I will be back to the OP list for a while. But I will not give up and send songs for Hungary once I'm out of this! xcheer

About the artist, I might as well make a secret or a public NF from an artist I am still considering to send. But first I might need to clean my inbox overtime... :lol:

so stay tuned ;)

BernadetteCydonia

Welp, it turns out I'm not getting my second chance as Hungary for as long as Edward is having it :oops:

Anyways, I really hope this isn't a goodbye from me of them and I can return after I'm allowed to and prove Hungary CAN have more qualifying artists than just NOX and other select few. I had Hungary for also making musical discoveries to use them later in any other forum contests (if not here then in at least .net or Twitter), I had Hungary because I aimed for having more single-participant participations than anyone else. I had fun with Hungary, even if my choices were a little uncreative at first. I loved playing for them. Now? I don't know, shall I have Budapest? :lol: With that in mind though, I'm never sure which acts ARE and AREN'T from there (for sure AWS band hails from there but oversending them would be a massive bore for all other players :p), so I'll probably refrain from anything Hungarian for a while until I research some more and put some knowledge of the artists from a Hungarian-related region and strictly from there onto myself and make it work.

Until then, viszlát Magyarország and see you all later~

BernadetteCydonia

And before I settle things out, I'mma leave the outprint of the main page that I was sadly not able to change in order to ease out my departure, so now you're stuck with thinking "what? whose results are these with the banners on? wha~?" but with Edward I hope that won't be the case anymore :lol:

1200px-Flag_of_Hungary.svg.png

WELCOME to HUNGARY'S official WV thread!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Official results of me

Official results of Hungary

I'd be delighted if Edward keeps the Hungarian history to fill in some of his own under that format I left, but if he decides not to then fine, up to him xD

LastDreamer

Banned
I didn't know that you love :hu: music. :eek:

Top Bottom