5 2.2%

10 4.5%

10 4.5%

7 3.1%

10 4.5%

44 19.7%

• Total voters
Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
Me (and [MENTION=14749]BernadetteCydonia[/MENTION] probably) trying to process Europe and the juries placing AWS 21st overall:

Vektor

So in the end we were the ESCfanflop of the year. :lol:

I expected this result even after the 2nd place in the press poll, so I am just glad that we were in the final with a Hungarian metal song. Congrats to everyone in the Hungarian team!

DaFlo

Banned
Juries almost killed them in the semi, only 23 points from them.

So you should be very proud to still make the final :D

ZoboCamel

R O B B E D. This deserved top 10, as a bare minimum (and personally I'd have chosen it to win).

But hey, at least they made the finals, and look at it this way - 21st out of 43 is a top-half finish! Could've been worse. And whatever the finish, they gave us a fantastic entry!

SirPeterGriffin

The stupid ass, corrupted jury thought you were not plastic enough. Who would thought, the same jury that correctly supported Salvador, decided to turn off their intelligence and put garbage like Sweden or Israel with such a ridiculous amount of points. Your final result is revolting!!

Dessi

You are completely delusional !!!! xheart
There has only been ONE single metal-song in the top in Eurovision for like 50 years........
Sweden tried, Turkey tried.... and a lot of other countries tried as well..., but NOBODY succeeded ....
The only county that did make it was...FINLAND.... :)

balizeg

Juries almost killed them in the semi, only 23 points from them.

So you should be very proud to still make the final :D
yes, im very happy we were lucky and the juries didnt ruin our qualification Estonia 2017 style. :)

They did an amazing performance in the final, that's what matters not that the likes of Guri Schanke and Laura Tesoro placed them last. :lol:

hugh

The performance in the final was better than in the semi final but it wasn't enough., the song is just too divisive. This will always remain one of my favourite Eurovision entries regardless of its place in the final.

A-lister

Veteran
Now, I never thought this entry would do wonders, but I actually thought it would do slightly better than it did in televotes just because it stood out and in its genre it was a pretty good song and didn't try to compromise its style either which I applaud. Even I liked it that isn't really a rock dude. I do think juries should have appreciated this more, but again they were playing it mostly safe and conservative with their votes as they tend to do. Maybe this wasn't for everyone, but a musical expect should "get" that this was well done for what it is even if it wasn't their cup of tea musically.

Alaska49

yes i expected juries to be nice to this. they usually are nice to the heavier entries. i am still glad they were in the final and are hot and cute.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I'm shocked and saddened that Hungary didn't do better. I thought this was the dark horse song of the year, and I was pretty certain the shock factor and overall quality plus authenticity of the piece would propel it very high. It somehow did worse than Young Georgian Lolitaz who had a piece that appealed to a much, much smaller audience (and less young I imagine). I thought Hungary's brand of metal was doing a lot right to attract a whole different bunch of people, and would be the entry that gets the viewers talking. I voted the most times for Hungary last night as it was the song of my favourites that I believed could take the crown. How wrong was I. Some of our expectations were so high and that obviously was the problem, as now we're disappointed, when the reality is that an imposing alternative piece of music made the Eurovision final, which in itself is pretty awesome, don't ya think?

The performance I thought was tremendous, and the song was one of my biggest favourites of the year. I love rock music, but I never head down these kinds of roads at all usually. AWS has me very interested to see what I can find, and they managed to steer me away for five minutes from my usual garage rock and psych rummages (much success as it's hard to pull me away from what i'm used to and love). I had fun getting behind "Viszlát nyár" this year and it was one of the very few songs that actually got me pumped for Eurovision 2018. Such a cathartic, astounding experience watching this band at the contest. Thanks for sending them Hungary. There was much rocking and a rolling at this years Eurovision thanks to AWS.

giphy.gif

Sammy

Veteran
It was clear, that they wouldn't get too high but I enjoyed once again their great performance! Well done Hungary, for me you are still one of the most interesting and entertaining acts from yesterday!

bstream

Although A Dal this year wasn't the strongest, I think the fact that AWS made it all the way to the Grand Final is continued proof that A Dal is working. It continues to attract honest musicians who desire a global platform regardless of the genre. I wouldn't dwell on the actual number placing as much as I would celebrate the fact that a song like this succeeded and came this far. The men of AWS themselves should be proud, and the frontman should be glad knowing that his father is happy to see his memory live on.

PashonFrut

lol the blonde (green jacket) one was red like a tomato from all that screaming and shouting

Viktor77

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Hungarian makes a beautiful language to sing in, no matter the genre. I think it has to do with the vowels. Like Finnish and Estonian, it's just so melodic.

ApEsc

It's a shame that the fan who tried to take the microphone in a British performance did not make his break here, in a Hungarian performance, he would not have survived, Hungarian society would have killed him :lol:

kayak

Hungary is true winner of eurovision! Good job! Thanks for
solid piece of metal music!

Deleted member 15618

I also felt that Hungary was ROBBED. Having Israel just after them has stolen a bit of their fire. I was also shocked that Hungary was so lowly ranked by the juries.
Thank you Hungary and AWS for making me so pumped for this year's edition. Your song gave me something to root for, because I felt bummed initially for not having any song that grabbed me so utterly and completely that Amar Pelos Dois did. Luisa's song set too high of a standard for me for Eurovision I guess. But this song made me curious to appreciate metal for the first time. If you heard beyond the noise, there was a nice melodic anthem, expressed in the most authentic, meaningful way. I loved your energy on stage, and only felt so frustrated that you didn't get higher amongst the jury and public. This year was very unpredictable, and it was the first year that I had such an opposite view of favourites from Eurofriends outside of this forum. Reading comments from you all about Hungary gave me life as much as the entry did. :)

Top Bottom