5 2.2%

10 4.5%

10 4.5%

7 3.1%

10 4.5%

44 19.7%

• Total voters

Edward

RIP Örs. I was just revisiting your band earlier this week out of a nostalgia trip of my own and was devastated to hear about your passing today.

Man. I revisit A Dal 2018 which will always remain as the most special ESC NF to me for personal reasons. I will never forget how Örs' charisma and the rest of the band's lively attitude took over those studios in Hungary and all over the country. Soon all over Europe. I was personally pissed then, I was a recent Leander Kills fan and loved their song as well as my sweetheart at the time. We wanted Leander in 2018 from the start. But with their late elimination it was clear from early on the preference for a rock/metal band layed elsewhere all the way back then. I can't help but wonder if they (A Dal folks) knew anything about Örs condition all the way back in 2018 knowing what we do now and how we passed away + Salvador's condition at the the time. Very likely not. Can't help but establish a certain connection between him and Salvador now with my wondering however. But I bet it's just me.
They took everyone by grace. Specially Örs as the spokesman back then. He'd give his post-performance interviews in bare feet and would joke about former Eurovision alumni and Magyar megastar Rúzsa Magdi and her style, as if he was imitating her in a jokingly way while being bare footed backstage. I was shocked when AWS won all the way back in 2018. I expected...I don't remember, my memory is poor. I thought hot international contenders were Dánielfy Gergely and the Budapest girl song guy (sorry, kinda forgot his name by now). While kinda hoping on a side note that Leander or either AWS made it instead because Magyar rock/metal scene has AWESOME quality and I am living testament to it. Every single day these days and back then I find a great band and not only in these genres. Hungary really is a big miss to Eurovision as a whole, their music scene is so diverse and has so many talented acts. It makes me sad not to see them taking part.

If I may be personal in my would-be last paragraph, A Dal 2018/ESC 2018 was so special to me. I met wonderful @Dorililien earlier in the year in different places and I stilll feel she was sent from above into my life. Even if we are apart and probably forever so in our lives now I will forever remember this time as the most special one to me.
We'd vibrate with A Dal weekly and towards the end she sided with AWS while I was remained kind of confused about the winner. Let's not forget Horváth Tamás was also wildly tipped with his "Meggyfa" and truly A Dal 2018 was up for grabs to anyone. AWS probably won it all with their on-stage energy and charisma. Which would later confirm itself in Lisbon. I doubt anyone but a hater has a thing to say about these guys. Such nice folks.

My favorite non-ESC song of theirs is Budapest. Give it a listen. It saddens me such a talented band comes to this. I wonder about the other members. Firstly as lifetime friends of Örs. Then as band members. What will be of them now? It's so sad. I have no words.

I'm so glad they made Hungary proud @ ESC back in 2018 by qualifying to the final. Hungary had an awesome streak but we do know how much rock/metal acts are a gamble with general audiences unless they do have a gimmick (Lordi) or throw pop references in. I was proud of AWS performance in 2018 in my country and will forever revisit it with a mixed sense of nostalgia and respect. My Cláudia made me cry so hard that year but these guys are certainly up next in terms of extracting emotions from me from that edition in 2018.

Off-topic rant: Lastly, I have no idea why I am writing this message in here. I did take the conscious decision to leave these forums about a year ago after abusive messages in the Portuguese selection thread. Not that they scarred me so much, I'm just tired of negativity. In the ESC community and in the world in general. I loved these forums, they were a haven for me, I met some great people and after a very sadenning personal moment in my life in 2019 they gave me some shelter from the harsh reality which I had to face then and that I still face to this day. I was sad to leave then and I was even sadder to leave from WV earlier in late 2018 after some recurring shady comments about myself or my song choices around there.

I'll always have a mostly positive memory of this forum anyway, it helped me a lot in times of deep depression since all the way back in 2013. I am a really European traditional and conservative fan of ESC since the 90's so that is one of the reasons of why I never felt totally comfortable in here and with these very different times we live in nowadays.

Maybe I return in ESC season for some meaningless fun around the usual places of this forum but I do miss being a regular. I shared my troubles with someone who was dear to me in this forum (tuorem) but I kind of regret it since I never got an answer. Anyway, it's unlikely that I return to these forums anytime soon. I miss the old folks, the whole Worldvision crew (even if I am disliked there), FSC, my Guildo Game's buddies, Hele....whoever made me feel warm. Life is short and as the shocking death of Örs proves it and as he said it himself, make the most out of it, let your loved ones know that they are loved and take nothing for granted.

Happy Eurovision season everyone and may you meet nyár again in heaven, dear Örs. Taken far too soon from the world. Peaceful and prosperous thoughts and wishes to all the wonderful people from this forum.

Top Bottom