10 4.5%

10 4.5%

7 3.1%

10 4.5%

44 19.7%

• Total voters

DanielLuis

Re: HUNGARY 2018

Hungary has confirmed their participation. As every year, they only confirmed their participation when A Dal's rules were launched in October, there was no need for the panic :D

Dodiih

I'm very happy to have you guys in Lisbon! Who do you think should represent Hungary this year?

Thank you! :) My favourite singer is Viktor Király, it is my dream to see him in Eurovision. Gigi Radics is also very talented, she has an amazing voice and had a lot of supporters last year, maybe she'll apply for A Dal again. :) I don't think we will choose a returning artist, though I'd love to see Freddie or Kállay again. Do you have any ideas about the Hungarian representative? :)

DanielLuis

Thank you! :) My favourite singer is Viktor Király, it is my dream to see him in Eurovision. Gigi Radics is also very talented, she has an amazing voice and had a lot of supporters last year, maybe she'll apply for A Dal again. :) I don't think we will choose a returning artist, though I'd love to see Freddie or Kállay again. Do you have any ideas about the Hungarian representative? :)

I unfortunately don't know much about the Hungarian music scene besides what I learn from A Dal :( However I have a lot of faith that you guys will keep on sending great entries like you have been sending sincre returning in 2011! If Hungary keeps this up I can see you winning in the next 10 years. I agree that Gigi Radics is a very good singer, hopefully she'll have a good song to match it. This might not be a very popular opinion, but I wouldn't mind a Boggie return, but with something more similar to her song "Parfum" than to "Wars for nothing". Freddie returning eventually would be pretty nice too!

A-lister

Veteran

While I liked Joci's entry and think it was probably the best choice from the national selection 2017, I still think the juries screwed over Gabi Tóth who clearly deserved a better outcome (how about 2nd place!?), so I'm all for some more ethno-Pop or ethno-ballad from Hungary again, maybe this time with a female singer (hint hint):

On the other hand we know what the EURO and diversity haters in ESC (aka "the juries) think about ethno-inspired stuff... in particular if it's ethno-inspired combined with use of native language (as it should be).... just compare Hungary's televoting results in 2017 with the jury votes... and of course all the other examples throughout the years.

Dodiih

It was very shocking Gabi didn't make it to the best 4 (especially cause she was the fan favourite) and deserved better (yes, a second place, for instance).
I'd be happy if she or Gigi Radics represented us, it's time we sent a female artist in my opinion. :)

I agree. But still, I was very disappointed with the jury votes we received in the grand final.

Dodiih

The 30 songs have just been revealed:

Andy RollTurn the lights on
AWSViszlát nyár
Ceasefire X Satellites
Dánielfy Gergely - Azt mondtad
FourtissimoKisnyuszi a kalapban
Gulyás RolandHypnotized
Ham Ko HamBármerre jársz
Heinz Gábor BigaGood vibez
Horváth CinthiaJourney
Horváth TamásMeggyfa
Király ViktorBudapest girl
Knoll GabiNobody to die for
Leander KillsNem szól harang
Living RoomKirakat élet
Maszkura és a tücsökrajNagybetűs szavak
Maya 'n' Peti Nekem te
Nemzenekar Waiting
Nene zenekarMese a királyról
NoémoLevegőt!
Nova ProspectVigyázó
Peet Project - Runaround
Polgár OdettAranyhal
SativuSLusta lány
Süle ZsoltZöld a május
Szőke Nikoletta, Kökény Attila, Szakcsi Lakatos RóbertÉletre kel
#yeahla, Eszes Viki1 szó, mint 100
The MatterBroken palms
Tolnai ReniCrack my code
Vastag TamásNe hagyj reményt
YesYesI Let You Run Away

https://ourvision.hu/2017/12/06/ez-2018-dal-legjobb-30-dala-percrol-percre-budapesti-akvariumbol/
https://www.mediaklikk.hu/adal/

ZoboCamel

Not a whole lot there that piques my interest, but my favourites in A Dal usually come from artists I've never heard of anyway, so that's not a big problem.

I am, however, looking forward to hearing Leander Kills' new entry. Their live performance this year may have been a bit iffy, but as a song, Élet was brilliant.

Dodiih

Not a whole lot there that piques my interest, but my favourites in A Dal usually come from artists I've never heard of anyway, so that's not a big problem.

I am, however, looking forward to hearing Leander Kills' new entry. Their live performance this year may have been a bit iffy, but as a song, Élet was brilliant.

Same for me. There are many artists this year I haven't heard of before.
Some entries, including "Nem szól harang", are already available on youtube. :)

ZoboCamel

Thanks for the link! It's... not bad, but on first listen it's not anywhere near grabbing me in the same way as Élet did.

It'll probably still be one of my higher-ranked songs from the NF, but it's replaced a lot of Élet's emotional melodies and mournful sounds with more of a classic hard rock vibe, which I'm not quite so big on. It ends up just sounding like a less impactful version of their 2015 entry Lőjetek Fel.

Still... we'll see! It'll be hard to top Origo this year, but I feel like there are going to be a few more gems in the lineup when we hear the full thing.

balizeg

I checked up the line-up together with the authors, and it seems there are many more familiar faces than it seems based on names alone, there are some former participants entering in a new formation.

For example Ceasefire X and Maya 'n' Peti seem to be solo projects of members of BytheWay (Dal 2016)
The Matter is the new band of Mushu (Dal 2016)
Noémo is the new band of Noémi Takács, formerly as BülBüls (Dal 2014)
#yeahla feat. Viki Eszes, Viki was the singer of Background (Dal 2013) and The Couple (Dal 2017)
Yesyes is the band of Ádám Szabó (Dal 2013, 2015, 2017)
and Living Room seems to be a new band of Benjámin Pál (Dal 2017)

There are other returning ones like Viktor Király, Reni Tolvai, Odett, Attila Kökény, Gabi Knoll, Gábor Heincz, Peet Project, Leander Kills, Tamás Vastag, Maszkura és a tücsökraj.

Among the debuting ones there are X Factor participants, Gergő Dánielfy and Hamo ko Ham, who both took part last year. Roland Gulyás even more recently, came 3rd just a few weeks ago. His song is written by ByeAlex.
Tamás Horváth is fresh from winning our version of 'Your Face Sounds Familiar' beating Viktor Király and Joci Pápai there.
The other participants seem unkown to me.

The hosts will be Freddie and Kriszta Rátonyi. They were the Hungarian commentators for Eurovision last year.
Zséda and Caramel in the jury are replaced by Misi Mező (singer of the band Magna Cum Laude) and Judit Schell, who is a great actress though she doesnt have much connection with music, but seems to be a great choice to me nevertheless. Misi also did good job previously as juror on the Voice (leading Dénes Pál to victory) and Rising Star, both had only 1 season in Hungary.

Now let's hear the snippets :)

Koori

Really liked snippets!
Having high hopes for:

Dániellfy Gergely – Azt mondtad
YesYes – I Let You Run Away
The Matter – Broken Palms
Noémo - Levegőt
Nova Prospect - Vigyázó
Gulyás Roland - Hypnotized
Ham ko Ham - Bármerre jársz
Leander Kills - Nem szól harang
Fourtissimo - Kisnyuszi a kalapban

A-lister

Veteran

Hmm I wonder what Renata Tolvai will come up with this time, her 2016 entry was crap but I loved her robbed entry of 2012:

Dodiih

I think Reni is good this year. The full song is not yet released (at least I haven't found it), but there are snippets available on the official website. :)
Also, someone did a top 30 of this year's entries on youtube (many thanks to him :)):

WhoKnows

I think Reni is amazing this year. The full song is not yet released (at least I haven't found it), but there are snippets available on the official website. :)
Also, someone did a top 30 of this year's entries on youtube (many thanks to him :)):

Hard to tell by those snippets. The only ones that somewhat caught my attention were Knoll Gabi, Tolvai Reni and Yesyes.

DaFlo

Banned

Nobody to die for / Crack My Code

are the only ones that catched my attention from the snippets. Looking forward to these, rest was all kinds of meh

Yoozek

I want the horrible jury to f* pick at least ONCE something I like to the TOP4. Totova was robbed. Now Leander gonna get robbed.

Top Bottom