Contact us

How will your country vote?

MyHeartIsYours

These are the votes I believe we might expect from Iceland. I admit that it's a bit of a mix between my personal preferration and what I believe my fellow 319,999 countrymen will think :)

Soo..votes from :is:

12 points – :dk:

10 points – :fi:

8 points – :uk:

That is what I expect Iceland to give too :D.

BGN

:bg:

PREDICTION / REAL RESULT
12 - :az: / :uk:
10 - :uk: / :gr:
08 - :ru: / :ua:
07 - :hu: / :dk:
06 - :gr: / :ro:
05 - :ro: / :at:
04 - :ba: / :ru:
03 - :ge: / :ie:
02 - :se: / :ba:
01 - :ua: / :ge:

BULGARIA voting in SF2

12 - :dk:
10 - :at:
08 - :sl:
07 - :ie:
06 - :be:
05 - :nl:
04 - :ee:
03 - :ua:
02 - :md:
01 - :ro:

I expected the surprise with Blue (they are popular here, and in the one of the most visited bulgarian sites, they were supported with clips of their song. Moreover, bulgarian jury and Poli Genova and BNT completely love them). High points to Greece, Ukraine and Dennmark. I expected higher points to Russia, but they managed to get only 4...
The biggest surprise is the ZERO for Azerbaijan.
And our semi-final voting is also totally unexpected...
It seems that Bulgaria is no more so much involved in neighbour voting as the first years of our participation...

doctormalisimo

Hmmm.....

Prediction/Actual
12 :lt:/:dk:
10 :uk:/:lt:
8 :fr:/:md:
7 :ee:/:ee:
6 :dk:/:uk:
5 :az:/:it:
4 :se:/:se:
3 :hu:/:fi:
2 :sl:/:sl:
1 :it:/:ro:

I got 3 exactly right!!! I also got 7 of the 10 countries we voted for. I'm surprised :uk: didn't get more. I'm SHOCKED :lt: didn't get 12. Also, :md: WTF? That was a weird one...

Tristran

Very difficult to predict the Belgian vote indeed! Don't think the Greek diaspora will result in high points, that takes an entry like 'Opa' to realise that. ;).

Oops, how very wrong I was! :D

:be:

pts / Guess / Actual result:

12 / :fr: / :fr:
10 / :az: / :ro:
08 / :se: / :gr:
07 / :uk: / :ie:
06 / :ee: / :it:
05 / :ie: / :de:
04 / :dk: / :se:
03 / :at: / :az:
02 / :hu: / :ee:
01 / :es: / :md:

prediction: some of the lower points might be switched with Germany, Iceland or Greece though.

Well, at least I got our 12 right! :D Also, Sweden, Azerbaijan, Estonia and Ireland were in our top 10, together with Greece and Germany that I added as might be just in.

However, there was no love from us for Hungary, Spain, Denmark (:cry:) and, just like in 2009 when UK went top 5, and we were one of the only countries who failed to vote for them, another zero points for the UK this year. :? And it seems my fellow country men appreciate the return of Italy, but not that of Austria. The points for Romania (as opposed to zero last year for Paula & Ovi :eek:) and Moldova, I totally had not seen coming. ;)

asia

Well my country was either a, voting for the worst in the competition or b, listening to another show???? Who knows which? I expect hungary to get our 12, however eire did :s

asia

But live osan korea, back home for the first time this year since 2008 and can say, eurovision was not great lol. Anyway, over in asia we are promised for the past 2 years we will get our version.... Still waiting.... In the uk @ the month (I voted twice, hungary and moldova) why moldova? I was taking the piss lol. One for best, one for worst song.... At this point eurovision has become competitive too much lol....

doctormalisimo

But live osan korea, back home for the first time this year since 2008 and can say, eurovision was not great lol. Anyway, over in asia we are promised for the past 2 years we will get our version.... Still waiting.... In the uk @ the month (I voted twice, hungary and moldova) why moldova? I was taking the piss lol. One for best, one for worst song.... At this point eurovision has become competitive too much lol....
I seriously lol'ed when :md: got 8 points for the UK, especially after all the bad things Graham Norton said about it :)

asia

Lol.... Hello, its graham norton, he was suprised bosnia did so well.... I beg you please steal him back for eire eurovision next year ;)

doctormalisimo

We gave :dk: 12 in 2010 too. And 12 to :is: in 2009. We're turning into Scandinavians.
And no, we're not taking Norton back. He's gone all Terry Wogan on us (completely forgotten he's Irish)

Joyride

I predicted (not in this thread though) Germany would give the twelvies to Denmark but we gave them to Austria which surprised me 'cos Switzerland would've been my second assumption.

But WTF - we gave no points to Switzerland, which is VERY surprising since the 12 points last year went to Belgium with a similar song (only sung by a male).

I was also surprised we gave no points to Sweden, I cant believe it, I would have bet it would get about 8 points from Germany which we gave to Ireland instead which is funny b'c it was a smiliar kind of music.

Also I never thought the ten points would go to Greece but then again...diaspora obviously! ;)

Crazy ESC! :-)

Valvejoodik

12- :fi: - :se:
10- :ru: - :dk:
8- :ge: - :az:
7- :ch: - :fi:
6- :ua: - :it:
5- :se: - :ru:
4- :az: - :es:
3- :hu: - :ge:
2- :is: - :sl:
1- :lt: - :ro:

The votes are really different, taking into account that my prediction was based on the statistics :eek:

EDIT:
Oh, i just noticed: Estonia is also taking part of Scandinavian block voting: 12:se: , 10:dk: and 7:fi:...

Top Bottom