Contact us

How will your country vote?

cassio

...but on May 18th I think that the norwegians will give their 12 points to the ever-so-popular Bonnie!!!
I have to admit I am hoping I am right, because although the UK is not my personal favourite this year, it is always nice when scandinavia is giving their top mark to non-scandinavian countries (like in 2010 when Scandinavia all agreed on Lena).

Is Bonnie more popular in Norway than Anouk?

VikingTiger

Is Bonnie more popular in Norway than Anouk?

Are you kidding me??? Bonnie was HUGE in Norway in the 80s and beginning of the 90s. And she has been visiting and holding concerts all around the country for I dont know how many times... and she still is.
Anouk?? I dont think the general norwegian population know who she is... Bonnie Tyler? A whole different story!!!

VikingTiger

Bonnie Tyler had 3 albums reaching the number 1 spot in Norway (Faster than the speed of Night, Secret Dreams and Forbidden Fire, Bitterblue) and another album reaching number 2 (Hide your heart).

cassio

Are you kidding me??? Bonnie was HUGE in Norway in the 80s and beginning of the 90s. And she has been visiting and holding concerts all around the country for I dont know how many times... and she still is.
Anouk?? I dont think the general norwegian population know who she is... Bonnie Tyler? A whole different story!!!

Ahh in that contest, but what I mean is: is Believe in me more popular than Birds..... or du you think that people will vote for her because of her fame back in the 80s.

VikingTiger

Ahh in that contest, but what I mean is: is Believe in me more popular than Birds..... or du you think that people will vote for her because of her fame back in the 80s.

People still remember her here... And she is still doing concerts here: last time as far as I know summer 2012; in the norwegian country side.
I dont think people will know who Anouk is.
Besides: Believe in me has the potential to become yet another Bonnie Tyler hit in Norway. Quite easy "country/pop" - this has always been popular in Norway.

cassio

Ahh thats explanins a lot. I expect Denmark to give Bonnie between 5 and 8 points as Cascara is very popular in Denmark and so are Depeche Mode (which is same electro style as Margaret Berger) I think either Germany or Norway will get 12 points and Sweden might get 8 points (as we always give Sweden high points)

Jeansy

We tend to vote Ireland.

esc87fan

It's actually fun for me watching the voting sequence with the BBC commentary later on and hearing what Graham Norton has to say

ParadiseES

Bonnie Tyler had 3 albums reaching the number 1 spot in Norway (Faster than the speed of Night, Secret Dreams and Forbidden Fire, Bitterblue) and another album reaching number 2 (Hide your heart).

Bonnie Tyler has been number one in many European countries. But that doesn't mean that "Believe in me" is gonna get points from all of them, since this song has nothing to do with her old hits.

LoveHate

Semi 2:
12 - Norway
10 - Israel
8 - Hungary
7 - Iceland
6 - Georgia
5 - Azerbaijan
4 - Greece
3 - Malta
2 - Switzerland
1 - Albania

LoveHate

Final:
12 - Norway (potential winner, dark atmosphere, block voting...)
10 - Hungary (Finno-Ugric language, hipsters will love this)
8 - Denmark (the big favorite to win, block voting, but we have a closer bond to Norway)
7 - Estonia (Finno-Ugric language, block voting, nice ballad for the mature audience)
6 - Sweden (Block voting)
5 - The Netherlands (We like Anouk and James Bond)
4 - Italy (Very nice sideburns)
3 - UK (BT)
2 - Greece (Free alcohol + Greek island = Utopia)
1 - Iceland (Block voting)

Yamarus

Final:

12p - Netherlands
10p - Greece
8p - Denmark
7p - Ireland
6p - France
5p - Sweden
4p - Italy
3p - United Kingdom
2p - Norway
1p - Finland

No Name

12 Norway
10 Sweden
08 Iceland
07 Ukraine
06 Germany
05 Georgia
04 Netherlands
03 Finland
02 Ireland
01 Russia

JackBauer

Well it's hard to guess since there will be more people voting in the French Jury than the televoters.

The only sure things are points for Armenia !

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
The UK...

12. The Netherlands
10. Ireland
08. Norway
07. Germany
06. Romania
05. Ukraine
04. Lithuania
03. Finland
02. Greece
01. Sweden

Perhaps too high for Ukraine.. I just have a feeling that their song has a very broad appeal this year. The rest are kinda givens but the order could change.

LalehForWD

I'm not really on track with Swedish sentiments this year, but here is my guess for the final:

There is a struggle about the 12p. Will it go to Denmark or Norway? My tip is Denmark. Krista from Finland is a fav as well obviously. Catchy dance track from Ireland will score and English Bonnie Tyler will please the Swedish mainstream. The ballads from Georgia, Russia and Azerbaijan will have supporters as well as scattered ones for France, Spain and The Netherlands. So here goes ...

12p :dk: Denmark - Emmelie de Forest, Only Teardrops
10p :no: Norway - Margaret Berger, I Feed You My Love
08p :fi: Finland - Krista Siegfrids, Marry Me
07p :ie: Ireland - Ryan Dolan, Only Love Survives
06p :uk: United Kingdom - Bonnie Tyler, Believe in Me
05p :ge: Georgia - Nodiko Tatisjvili & Sophie Gelovani, Waterfall
04p :ru: Russia - Dina Garipova, What If
03p :az: Azerbaijan - Farid Mammadov, Hold Me
02p :fr: France - Amandine Bourgeois, L'enfer et moi
01p :nl: The Netherlands - Anouk, Birds

FilipFromSweden

Final:
:12: :dk:
:10: :hu:
:8: :no:

:7: :is:
:6: :de:
:5: :nl:
:4: :fi:
:3: :md:
:2: :ie:
:1: :es:

Seriously this is going to be the most exciting voting ever!
:is: has really grown on me.

Top Bottom