Contact us

How many countries will join?

Loindici

Veteran
Let's predict how many countries will join 2023 edition since some broadcasters got some drama with EBU and Ukraine won the contest.

theditz83

Veteran
Complaints over the prices is one of the main reasons I imagine London isn't hosting it. Prices are already extortionate there without the increase from hosting Eurovision. I'm not super clued up on how the public transport and such runs in Liverpool and around, but one of the best perks with Liverpool being the choice is alternative locations for accomodation. Manchester for one, Chester also. All are super close to Liverpool and not facing the same level of price inflation. Bit like how when Vienna hosted, Bratislava was an alternative place for accomodation.
Exactly, the UK and the central swathe of England has many significant cities that would all be within an hour of travelling from each other (so long as the train unions stop striking of course!) Don't look in central Liverpool for accommodation, as they'll naturally be making hay right now and charging the earth. I'm leaving things for a bit until the initial announcement fever has died down before I plan my accommodation options I think xup

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Exactly, the UK and the central swathe of England has many significant cities that would all be within an hour of travelling from each other (so long as the train unions stop striking of course!) Don't look in central Liverpool for accommodation, as they'll naturally be making hay right now and charging the earth. I'm leaving things for a bit until the initial announcement fever has died down before I plan my accommodation options I think xup

Yeah. That whole section of the UK up to the Peninines is nothing but cities and towns (albeit some you probably would wanna avoid lol). I think there is more than enough options for people, and for delegations also. They could easily base out of Manchester for a far cheaper rate then travel in for rehearsal or whatever on private hire coaches that I know some delegations use each year.

Mainshow

Veteran
New voting system - 100% televoting in the semis....

:tr: where are you? :D
(still know homophobia is the biggest issue, though)

Chalphon

I hope eventually Kosovo can join the contest. It must be because of political reasons that they are unable to enter Eurovision.

Kazakhstan, I wouldn't be against them competing, I just don't understand how Kazakhstan are out, but Australia is in.

37 countries are a decent number, considering the global economic problems that everyone is facing.

Does Kosovo have a national broadcasting service who are a member of the EBU though?

Top Bottom