Contact us

How is Europe divided?

dogmeat

European part of Russia has area of about 4mln square km, which is almost 40% of whole Europe. We often forget about it and put line dividing east and west more to the west than it is geographically proper.
That line should divide continent into two parts having exactly the same area and I decided to find it. Assuming that it can't be further to east than eastern borders of Poland, I added areas of all countries that definitely had to be eastern: Finland, Estonia, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria and european parts of Russia, Kazakhstan, Georgia, Azerbaijan and Turkey.

I would have done the same with the west if I hadn't found sth strange. "East-for-sure" got area of 5,724,924 sq km, that is... 56% of area of the continent. I'm too lazy to check where is the south-north division, but it seems center of Europe lays somewhere in Ukraine or Belarus! :eek:

lucian-crusher

I found something funny! This is the way Europe is divided in different views :lol: The maps where made by Yanko Tsvetkov, a Bulgarian graffic designer.

:us: sees Europe like this:
stereotip-sua.jpg

:lol: at Turkey

:uk: sees Europe like this:
stereotip-marea-britanie.jpg

:it: sees Europe like this:
stereotip-italia.jpg

:de: sees Europe like this:
stereotip-germania.jpg

:fr: sees Europe like this:
stereotip-franta.jpg

:bg: sees Europe blike this:
stereotip-bulgaria.jpg

:lol: at Spain

Gay people see Europe like this:
stereotip-homosexuali.jpg

Last edited:

No Name

:lol: Hilarious, especially the American one.

Good to see so many countries are still lookings at us as vikings. :twisted:

lucian-crusher

xrofl3 I was pleasantly surprised there was a Bulgarian point of view... I can confirm most of these ideas about countries are true for us... :lol:

Well, the maps where made by a Bulgarian so I think he did the Bulgarian version first so he can have a model....
Do you really see us as poor neighbours? :lol: Anyway I know Bulgaria (I mean your press, your cops and Hristo Stoicikov) dislikes us, but the Romanian press doesen't like you either :lol:

goktengri

Banned
lucian-crusher;407168 ::uk sees Europe like this: [IMG said:
http://storage0.dms.mpinteractiv.ro/media/401/781/10668/7366094/3/stereotip-marea-britanie.jpg[/IMG]

I'm disturbed about this Turkish map, cause it's lie. You can eat it if you want. Anyway;

other ones well funny :lol:

lucian-crusher

I'm aware we all hate each other on the Balkan peninsula... :lol: We have a Romanian in our class... People remember Romania more like that and say more LOL things...

Well, we only hate you (not as much as we hate :hu: tough :lol:) but we love :rs: even more than we love :md:. :rs: is the only non-EU country where Romanians don't need a passport. Serbs don't need a passport to come here either.
About :bg: we only hate you because you stoled our tourism and because your cops always stop our cars when we travel to :gr: or :tr: just because they know we are in a hury and we will give them 50 Euros imediatly :lol:

Scooby

but we love :rs: even more than we love :md:. :rs: is the only non-EU country where Romanians don't need a passport. Serbs don't need a passport to come here either.

Off all the neighbors Serbs most like :gr: and :ro:

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
:lol: lol on these maps

yulara

:lol::lol::lol:

Regarding France, historically, it's divided in 3 big areas :
- the celtic area in the west (Britain) with an irish type of culture
- the southern area where they spoke the language of OC and have a spanish/italian culture
- the nothern area where they spoke the language of OIL and have a culture similar to the german one

after that, you can add corsica, euskaleria, flanders, alsace, all the islands,... which are areas with a strong cultural identity

Map of the old french "Big" languages:
bonne-carte-2.gif

France is a mess...

Last edited:

aletem

The uncharted resident evil!! Woo, we are strong! :mrgreen:

Top Bottom