Contact us

How do you keep your health?

vatroslav_cro

Croatia/ Kroatien/ Croatie/ Croacia/ Croazia/ Hrva
We all know that it is very important to keep your health, alyways to do something more about it to save it, because it is (we can deny it, but it's a fact) our only fortune and wealth. Without it, you have absolutely nothing. So what are you doing for your health to keep it stable and to improve it? Do you run, at least a bit, or maybe just fast walking or something similar? Any other practices, maybe body building or training some sport? How much per day do you do it? How are your food habits (breakfast every day etc., what kind of food do you eat)? Is it various? Do you smoke or drink or you are trying to avoid it as much as possible? I would like to see your stories!

FrachellyJelly

I exercise A LOT! I play field hockey 3-4 times a week, a go spinning, running and circuit training. I train 5-6 days a week for at least an hour a day of STRENUOUS exercise - non of this yoga rubbish. Oh and I NEVER miss breakfast. I don't drink half as much as I used to but that's because I'm not at uni anymore. I don't smoke tobacco, I've been diagnosed with asthma anyways so that would be silly.

EscGeek

Veteran
aBR79LN_700b_v1.jpg

I watch what eat and i walk ALOT!:cool:

anto475

I eat well, I walk/cycle a lot (cos I have no car, but even still I only live 1km from college so why drive), don't smoke. Simple things like!

r3gg13

I exercise for an hour almost everyday. There's 1 or so day a week that I don't do anything for one reason or another. Also, I don't smoke or do drugs. I drink once in a while, once a month at most. I've been trying to reduce drinking to 0.

If I could be honest, the main reason I exercise is so that I could eat whatever I want without putting my health in jeopardy :lol: (and of course it's nice to have good endurance)

doctormalisimo

I'm going to give a controversial answer here; get lucky genetically.

Some people can smoke all their lives and never get sick from it, some people get cancer despite living a healthy life. Ozzy Osbourne famously had his genome tested, and he found out he's basically indestructible when it comes to drugs - he can take an amount of drugs that would kill most people. Your general health has already been pre-determined genetically. It may be depressing, but your future health was determined at the moment of your conception, your mix of genetic material more or less determines how well you will live. Of course genetics isnt an absolute measure, environmental factors play a role (smoking, drinking, risk taking, diet etc) and the degree to which genetics is responsible for your health is debated.
I'd like to think that in the near future, comprehensive genetic testing will be available for everyone, which will allow you know your genetic weaknesses, eg if you're genetically predisposed to liver disease, you know not to drink alcohol, but obviously there's ethical and moral issues with that, and it's far too expensive to do on everyone at the moment.
So to answer your question, I don't consciously keep my health, my body does. Having said that, it's wise not to drink too much, it's wise not to smoke, it's wise not to eat junk food etc. I'm not for a moment suggesting anyone lives a very unhealthy lifestyle, but life is unfair, and some people will just be more healthy than others.

vatroslav_cro

Croatia/ Kroatien/ Croatie/ Croacia/ Croazia/ Hrva
David, you are maybe right in some things but many scientific researches said that the human's helath is only 30% genetically pre-determined and the rest 70% is the question how do you treat your life, health and your own attitude to it.....
For myself: I am mostly avoiding the fast-food, no smoking, have three meals every days regularly, take a walk for 1-2 hours daily, especially when it's nice weather. So I suppose that, in physical sense, I take a lot of care for me and my health. I am working on myself.

MyHeartIsYours

I tell you this freshers week has destroyed my health. I've realised my system cant handle being drunk 8 nights in a row :lol:

seb89

Most of the time I look at what I eat. Every day I eat the recommended amount of vegetables and fruits.

I don't do fitness or exercises on a regular basis, I want to do it in the future, but I need to find the time and first I need to organize my work. Probably next month. But during my work, I barely sit down. Only during the 30 minutes for my meal, otherwise I'm always jumping around the class and I walk a lot too.

FrachellyJelly

The 8 days consisted of hangovers... and Im not that hardy to drink then :lol:

Well there's only one cure for a hangover - a pint of orange juice and a full english. Great for your health :lol:

I last did hair of the dog when I was at the Download Festival. I completely understand why you'd avoid it - it's sooo painful for sooo long!

Top Bottom