Contact us

How do you feel?

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Devastated. Doctors say my dad will likely die in around 3 weeks. He was fine in August, and in a few weeks the illness is taking out his life. Right when he started enjoying it after +40 years of hard work. It is so unfair.

Olga...I'm so sorry.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Devastated. Doctors say my dad will likely die in around 3 weeks. He was fine in August, and in a few weeks the illness is taking out his life. Right when he started enjoying it after +40 years of hard work. It is so unfair.

Our words are probably no good right now or of no comfort. You've gotta make these days as special as you can. Cherish them. I'm so sorry Olga you're going through this. I'll be thinking of you and your family. If there's anything any of us can do, let us know.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Omg I can't imagine how you must feel. No matter what we say, it won't change the situation so I can only give you all the encouragement you need and hope you'll be able to cherish these moments as much as you can. He'll be glad to have a daughter who cares so much about him by his side xheart

DenizESC

Banned

Oh no... :( It's so sad that this is happening to you and your family Olga. Sending you all a lot of strength during these times.

Don't ever hesitate to reach out to me or anyone else you feel comfortable talking to if you need it btw.

Stay strong.

Ausesken

My dad died 4 days ago due to the terrible cancer he had. It's very painful knowing that I will never see him again. Actually I think I unconsciously haven't fully accepted it yet, as many times I still wait he opens our home's door and get in like nothing had happened, like it's been just a nightmare. But then I've had to cancel some of his accounts and subscriptions, and I felt really bad doing that because it's like further expelling him from this world. My mum wanted to throw away some of his clothes already, and I said no, I said I needed some days. I need the home doesn't look like he never existed. Anyway, all I know for sure is that we will keep fighting to make him proud and carry out the wishes he couldn't fulfill while he was alive.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
My dad died 4 days ago due to the terrible cancer he had. It's very painful knowing that I will never see him again. Actually I think I unconsciously haven't fully accepted it yet, as many times I still wait he opens our home's door and get in like nothing had happened, like it's been just a nightmare. But then I've had to cancel some of his accounts and subscriptions, and I felt really bad doing that because it's like further expelling him from this world. My mum wanted to throw away some of his clothes already, and I said no, I said I needed some days. I need the home doesn't look like he never existed. Anyway, all I know for sure is that we will keep fighting to make him proud and carry out the wishes he couldn't fulfill while he was alive.
I'm so sorry to hear that, Olga. I'm sure you will be able to fulfill all his wishes on his behalf.

r3gg13

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. There is no doubt that your dad was proud of you.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
This country doesn't let people dream I swear. It somehow manages to find a way to ruin my plans for the future and anything that is good in my life at this moment :)

Ausesken

This country doesn't let people dream I swear. It somehow manages to find a way to ruin my plans for the future and anything that is good in my life at this moment :)
As someone who has suffered from living in a country full of corruption, unemployment and ignorance, I tell you: never give up on your dreams. Maybe you have to change your plans, but even if the road becomes longer and more difficult, keep going in the same direction.

Ausesken

Since I have open online access to church archives, completing my family tree is my new hobbie and it makes my mind really busy. I've always wanted to do it but never found the time to go to the archive. Being able to do it from home is great. So far I've found names until around 1740-1800, but depending on the preservation or not of certain books, I might find some ancestors up to 16th century :love: I don't know why knowing these names (and the town they came from) is so special to me. How many wars and disgraces they had to witness or suffer directly?

This is a scheme I made of my grandpa's family only. 1 colour = 1 generation.
Tree.png

Himan

I'm not sure I'd call this 'existence', I'm more like a walking dead. The only feeling that I am still alive has been a tachycardia that's made me spend all the night awake.
Hmm, that doesn't sound good, where does all this stress come from?

Ausesken

Hmm, that doesn't sound good, where does all this stress come from?
Well, my dad died in December, we have many administrative procedures going on, I have two jobs, I started studying a course about treasury, and I'm practicing again my driving because even if I have a driving license I haven't used a car in years but now I need it.

mauve

Veteran
Olga, I am so sorry, I haven't read this until today. I know what pain you are going thru. My dad died exactly a year ago on February 13th. On November 2019, he was just fine and suddenly he became weaker due to his kidney problems. Since then, my life is not as it used to be. You walk into his room and can't believe he is not there. Over the year I managed not to think of him every moment though he is in my heart forever. Of course there are still moments when I cry. There is just simply an empty place. Now I cherish every moment I have with my mom because I know that life can be suddenly over. You don't know the feeling until it happens to you. But Olga, whenever you need someone to talk to you can talk to me and everyone else here.

ESC94

@Ausesken

I know what you´re going through. My father died almost a year ago on February 26th due to colon cancer. At the moment I can handle the loss quite well, but I´m afraid everything will come back on the first anniversary. :(

Ausesken

Olga, I am so sorry, I haven't read this until today. I know what pain you are going thru. My dad died exactly a year ago on February 13th. On November 2019, he was just fine and suddenly he became weaker due to his kidney problems. Since then, my life is not as it used to be. You walk into his room and can't believe he is not there. Over the year I managed not to think of him every moment though he is in my heart forever. Of course there are still moments when I cry. There is just simply an empty place. Now I cherish every moment I have with my mom because I know that life can be suddenly over. You don't know the feeling until it happens to you. But Olga, whenever you need someone to talk to you can talk to me and everyone else here.
I've always been aware that losing your father or mother was a very painful experience, but until it doesn't happen to you, you don't really have a clue about the intensity of that pain and the emptiness you feel without them. I agree with you that this makes us cherish every moment we have with out beloved ones, and also try to fix things when you argue with them. I had time to fix my relation with my father before he died (before he got ill), as it had been very problematic in the last years, but I know many people have lost someone feeling that there were many things untold, and this is the worst thing ever because it has no solution at all. Thank you very much for your words.
@Ausesken

I know what you´re going through. My father died almost a year ago on February 26th due to colon cancer. At the moment I can handle the loss quite well, but I´m afraid everything will come back on the first anniversary. :(
I'm really sorry about that; cancer is such a cruel illness. My aunt also suffered from it and died aged 58, and my dad had another cancer 10 years ago, which he overcome. This time he lost the fight. The fact it was all so fast (within 1 and a half month) and right before Christmas made it harder to believe it, and as you say, I think key dates like his birthday or the anniversary of his death will be really painful this year. However, I'm sure we are strong enough to go on with our lives. Many people don't seek professional help when they clearly need it to overcome this difficult process and spend years mourning their beloved ones. I hope I will be aware to see if I need help or not in the future, and I hope you are as well. Stay strong.

Top Bottom