Contact us

How do I search the forum properly?

LalehForWD

When using the search menu entry and for example search for keyword "FAYE", I'll get a list of 6 entries. How do I goto/enter these posts from the list?

There's also the possibility to use Google with "FAYE site:escforums.com" and I'll be taken to the right post directly, but this is less accurate (some posts seem to be lost/not recognised).

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
Hmmm Search (the one below the Escforums logo) -> Search Single Content Type and you have a lot of options there :D at the bottom you can choose if you want to see the results as Threads or Posts :D

LalehForWD

OK right, I get it now:
1) Switch tab to "Search Single Type Content"
2) Switch option Additional Options/Show Results as to "Posts"

Now the result shows a list of found matching post entries, which is what I wanted. :)

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
OK right, I get it now:

Now the result shows a list of found matching post entries, which is what I wanted. :)

Glad that I could help xcheer you're welcome :D

alca

I don't want to make a new thread about his but can anyone tell me where I can find the members list?

musicfan

OK right, I get it now:

Thanks to this I worked it out, but I think it should be on that tab in the first place to give people the immediate option of searching for posts. Both tabs are just shown as blue so there's not much indication you are on one and not the other or of the choice in a way. And 'content type' is a bit vague anyway.

Top Bottom