Contact us

How did your country vote?

Interrail

How did your country vote in final?
R u surprised by points from your country?

Serbia voted like this:

1 p - Armenia (I knew this would get some pts from Serbia, but I thought it would be more)
2 p - Portugal (this is mystery for me, have no idea who voted this, jury or sms)
3 p - Turkey (deserved pts. Turkey was good and modern)
4 p - France (last night I thought this would get much more then 4 pts from Serbia, I think jury didn't like it, but audience did, so 4 pts was average)
5 p - Belgium (positive surprise. I'm glad we gave 5pts to Belgium. Good impact from jury, I think. Otherwise we wouldn't give any points)
6 p - Romania (Deserved. Probably both jury and audience liked it)
7 p - Ukraine (Deserved. Jury liked it more then sms, I think, but still, song was vocally perfect)
8 p - Germany (Well deserved. I voted for GER, but if there was only sms, Germany would get a little less from Serbia, I think)
10 p - Greece (Not my choice, but I knew Serbian ppl would like this song and send many sms for Greece, I don't understand if jury gave pts for this)
12 p - Bosnia Herzegovina (neighbor ofcourse, I guess most sms went for Bosnia, but jury gave it something too, for sure).

OK, this is just my opinion, doesn't mean I'm right, but in conclusion, I think 50%jury/50% sms is good thing. Not ideal (block, diaspora, neighbor voting still exists everywhere, but results r more realistic and more fair, for example...if there were no jury - western songs like Belgium, Portugal, Germany would get less points from Serbia, if any pts at all. And I think jury helped good song like Ukraine to get pts, so I'm glad for this one too;)

MyHeartIsYours

-uk United Kingdom

GrandFinal:
12 -gr Greece - no surprise :evil:
10 -tr Turkey - also no surprise :evil: :evil:
8 -ro Romania - deserved it, the type of song British people love :D
7 -ie Ireland - again no surprise :evil: :evil: :evil:
6 -dk Denmark - dissapointed me giving Denmark high points, but also this song appeals to British viewers
5 -ua Ukraine - surely the hoodie!! :lol:
4 -de Germany - tbh I thought we would have given more points to Germany
3 -il Israel - I think the jury had a little fiddle to get this in our top 10
2 -fr France - no words to describe!! :evil:
1 -al Albania - guess some people will have liked it

All-in-all, I think the United Kingdom's votes were shit once again :lol: I dont think the UK should have the right to vote! People dont have the intelligence to vote correctly!! :lol:

lucian-crusher

12 to -dk (I don't know how! There is a rumour that the Romanian and the Danish jury made voting exchange, but I don't believe it! Romanians love songs that sound like other songs so....)
10 to -md (I am ashamed of my own country! It's the first time Moldova deserves our 12 and we don't give it)
8 to -tr (We love Turkey and our jury loves Rock)
7 to -gr (They probably got 10 from televoting and the jury gave them less points. Romanians always vote for Greece as they spend their holydays there)
6 to -am (Their Diaspora is big here too, plus we love Oriental music)
5 to -ua (As I said, the Romanian jury likes Rock)
4 to -be (Probably it scored high on the jury)
3 to -de (Again Romanians give low points to the winner)
2 to -es (Well deserved)
1 to -al (A catchy song in the Romanian style)

martin

norway vote
1. georgia JURY just because of hanne
2. turkey televoting many likes this one
3. belgium perhaps jury but i hope televoting
4. france televoting a good song for people
5. israel jury i don,t now but i think the jury love him
6. iceland both i think if not televoting
7. azerbaijan televoting probaly
8. denmark televoting norway love this now i think denmark get norway 12 points
10. Romania jury and because he have lives in norway
12. Germany both but i think the jury gave this 12 points

ParadiseES

Well, I'll comment the Spanish voting:

12- -de (Spanish jury liked it and I think it probably got 12 from televoters too, as we usually vote for Germany)
10- -ro (Mostly televoting, but jury liked it as well)
8- -am (Clearly, televoting supported Armenia again and juries did the same)
7- -az (This was a surprise. I think this was 100 % juries :shock: + they said they liked it)
6- -pt (I think this was just due to televoting)
5- -gr (I'm sure televoting supported Greece a lot, but juries not as much -if they did-)
4- -dk (I think this was the juries)
3- -tr (Juries too)
2- -fr (100 % televoting and 0 from juries)
1- -ge (I'm almost sure this came from the juries)

Surprise that we didn't vote for Ukraine :shock:

94ayd

I was surprsied about Ukraine, too. :lol:

-bg BULGARIA:
1 - -by Belarus - WTF, it must be that tasteless jury of ours...
2 - -es Spain - Where do they come up with this...
3 - -de Germany - At least something came good out of this. ;)
4 - -cy Cyprus - TAKE THAT! :twisted:
5 - -gr Greece - You, too... :twisted: :lol:
6 - -ge Georgia - Seriously, how the hell did that happen?!
7 - -ua Ukraine - After all they did choose better ex-Soviet entries, too. :mrgreen:
8 - -am Armenia - Expected and rather deserved. ;)
10 - -tr Turkey - The same.
12 - -az Azerbaijan - ... :shock:

How could Bulgaria not give a single point to Romania or Serbia but 12 went to Azerbaijan, moreover Belarus, Spain & Georgia (good song but really...) got points. No points to any countries from the West Balkans but to 5 out of 7 ex-Soviet (Russia & Moldova being the ones that didn't ger :eek: ).

Our spokesperson for once said something not expected from them. :mrgreen: :lol:

JackBauer

I'm really, really, really curious to see Romania & France points in televoting only, i suspect we're talking over 100 & 200 points here

Deltage

I rarely share my opinion with most other Estonian voters, so in most cases I have no idea why they voted like that. And I think our jury didn't do a good job.

12 - Germany (like last year, the biggest favorite and eventual winner gets the most points)
10 - Russia (typical because of the diaspora, besides it seems that the jury also supported it for some reason)
8 - Georgia (aside from the fact that they actually were pretty big contenders this year, it seems that some Estonians vote for Georgia because of the similar (well some people think so) situation with Russia or something like that, so it's "friendly voting")
7 - Norway (jury obviously, although I have no idea why. Especially looking at how few points they gave to Belgium)
6 - Turkey (well, it was a favorite and probably some rock fans voted for it if they didn't like other songs)
5 - Denmark (the same unknown reason as Scandinavia and other countries, I guess. Probably juries)
4 - Iceland (Estonia votes for typical Nordic ESC songs a lot, so it's just like for Denmark)
3 - Belgium (a favorite as well, although sort of a low position)
2 - Ireland (an echo of exchanging points with the British isles from the 90's, I guess. Juries of course)
1 - France (That was unexpected. Maybe some clubbers or then football fans voted for it,LOL. It's also the only country I like that Estonia gave points to (apart from Turkey who were a favorite))

I realise this is for the final, but the UK's semi final scores are perhaps just as interesting

1 point: Georgia (GEO)
2 points: Ukraine (UKR)
3 points: Switzerland (SUI)
4 points: Cyprus (CYP) probably due to the lead singer coming from Wales
5 points: Israel (ISR)
6 points: Bulgaria (BUL)
7 points: Lithuania (LUT)
8 points: Turkey (TUR)
10 points: Ireland (IRL) no great suprise there of course
12 points: Romania (ROU)

Deltage

Estonian semi-final votes are more or less a mix of typical jury votes and neighbor/diaspora voting, unfortunately.

12 - Russia
10 - Finland
8 - Belgium
7 - Iceland
6 - Latvia
5 - Portugal
4 - Belarus
3 - Malta
2 - Greece (a surprise again since Estonia rarely gives points to songs I like, or any Greek song for that matter)
1 - Serbia (???)

Bonnie

Turkish votes.

12-AZERBAIJAN Yeah it was the most popular ESC10 song in Turkey before the contest. Everyone planned to vote for this song , weeeksss ago. And yes Azerbaijan&Turkey brotherhood is undeniable of course. But the song deserved. And I guess it also got much from jury.
10-GERMANY Ahhhh I never liked this song and I can't love anymore, too. But it seems that Turks loved it. Anyways.
8-BOSNIA&HERZEGOVINA Oh, it seems like Turkish people are getting crazy about even a little bit rock sound. :D I don't think they deserved "8". Maybe less.
7-Albania Good song. Jury must be give much. And Turkey must be loved it.
6-Armenia I like the melody of the song . But it was completely incredible. When the Armenia's song is talking about Turkey as a "motherland". If many Turks voted for this song, it's nice of them really! Maybe they liked the song without caring about lyrics. And I guess jury gave them a big point. And Armenians in Turkey.
5-Georgia Nice song. And I remember Sophia came to Turkey and appeared in Turkey's most popular talk-show. It was a great effect.
4-Russia Hmm it was interesting. I can't give it a good explanation. Russians in Turkey? :D Oh not that much :D
3-Greece Catchy song, Turkish-like music and instruments. Turkey loves it.
2-Romania I was expected a higher point for Romania. Because it was everyone's favorite here. I dunno why it's like that :/
1-Ukraine Good song, beautiful girl . That's all =P

94ayd

Let me post the -bg Bulgarian votes in the semis, too, then:

1 - -il Israel - Thank God, only 1. ;)
2 - -dk Denmark - At least we gave it some.
3 - -hr Croatia - Only?! :eek:
4 - -ro Romania - Speechless... :|
5 - -cy Cyprus - So few, yay! :mrgreen:
6 - -ua Ukraine - Can't believe we gave it even more in the final. :D
7 - -az Azerbaijan - This is what they deserved, not 12...
8 - -am Armenia - Rather surprised it got less than...:
10 - -ge Georgia - Not bad at all but didn't expect this.
12 - -tr Turkey - Pretty anticipated and deserved. ;)

Interrail

Semi final (1) votes from Serbia:

1 p -md (only 1:/)
2 p -al (Deserved to get some pts, but 2 is too little, IMO)
3 p -is (I'm not surprised, I know many ppl who liked it)
4 p -ru (jury probably helped a lot for this points)
5 p -pt (wtf? This is shocking for me, I don't know how this happened and not Finalnd)
6 p -sk (Great! I'm happy we gave pts to Slovakia, and these 6 is most pts what Slovakia got this year. Poor SVK:/)
7 p -be (without jury these pts would be impossible from Serbia)
8 p -mk (yeah..well, neighbors...)
10 p -gr (massive televotes, similar music tastes, etc...)
12 p -ba (massive televotes + jury)

I'm only surprised by votes to Portugal and Belgium, and perhaps Slovakia (we usually don't give pts to central Europe)
For my taste, Russia got little too much as well as FYR Macedonia, but OK...
We still tend to give 12 to ex-YU, but other points were better balanced then before, with more sense.
I'm amazed Finland got nothing from us (I voted for FIN in semi1), and I know ppl liked this song.

bashers

MyHeartIsYours said:
-uk United Kingdom

GrandFinal:
12 -gr Greece - no surprise :evil:
10 -tr Turkey - also no surprise :evil: :evil:
8 -ro Romania - deserved it, the type of song British people love :D
7 -ie Ireland - again no surprise :evil: :evil: :evil:
6 -dk Denmark - dissapointed me giving Denmark high points, but also this song appeals to British viewers
5 -ua Ukraine - surely the hoodie!! :lol:
4 -de Germany - tbh I thought we would have given more points to Germany
3 -il Israel - I think the jury had a little fiddle to get this in our top 10
2 -fr France - no words to describe!! :evil:
1 -al Albania - guess some people will have liked it

All-in-all, I think the United Kingdom's votes were *censored - where are your manners? say Poop* once again :lol: I dont think the UK should have the right to vote! People dont have the intelligence to vote correctly!! :lol:

I am shocked we didnt give any votes to Iceland! In fact i cant believe most countries didnt vote for iceland! I dont see the problem with our voting to be honest, only that iceland wasn't involved or georgia. But then I bet it was very, very close!

MyHeartIsYours

Well I honestly believed Norway would get at least some points, I thought it would appeal to grandma's and young gay guys like me :lol: :lol: :lol:

JackBauer

So for France

-il This tells you Israel wasn't even close to win ESC this year.It is almost impossible not to be in France's televoting top 6 for Israel, so this means they didn't get much than 5 or 6 from the draw number 24 & of course 0 by the jury.

-ua Ukraine is not France's favorite ESC country despite amazing entries since they joined!, let's be honest! Still i won't be surprised if she did ok with the french's televote! she was amazing & singing juste before us so..

-de Well as France always give good points to the winner i will say we probably gave her 7 & 8 and that the jury killed her or the other around.

-gr France likes Greece entries in general, never top 3 or 4 but always some 3,4,5 points etc & i think it was the same yesterday with & few points from the jury.

-ba We're not a fan of that kind of music but we always have some crazy points! But the jury must have give it 8 or 10 points i'm sure

-am 10 for televoting for sure!nul from jury

-be We don't vote for our neighbourg very often and not belgium a lot unless they have a great entry, so i think it was 6 or 7 points from televote and 4 or 5 from the jury.

-pt They were in our televote top 5 at least and gain a few points from the juries

-rs We love them, the jury also did i think this year:lol:

-tr 12 from televoting, they were loved everywhere but still i would love to see my country 12 points to go away from Turkey or Armenia once in a time! Two great countries but this is getting ridiculous!

so i think

Turkey:12 + 5 =17 - 12
Serbia: 4 + 12 =16 - 10
Portugal:8 + 5=13 - 08
Belgium: 7+6=13 - 07
Armenia: 10+0=10 - 06
Bosnia:0+10=10 - 05
Greece:5+4=9 - 04
Germany 8+0=8 - 03
Ukraine 1+7= 8 -02
Israel :6+0=6 - 01

What really surprised me was we didn't awarded points to Romania! We usually loves them & never forget them when they're on the top and this year nothing! I expect 2 or 3 from televote to romania at least!

Anyway i can understand why a jury would give serbia this year 12 points but 10 or 08 to bosnia is just :shock:

lucian-crusher

And here is how the Romanian jury voted:

12 to -dk
10 to -be
8 to -ua
7 to -tr
6 to -am
5 to -al
4 to -pt
3 to -il
2 to -is
1 to -az

They gave 0 to -md! I Hate the Romanian jury! :twisted: :twisted:

eerik

Deltage said:
Estonian voters
8 - Georgia (aside from the fact that they actually were pretty big contenders this year, it seem that some Estonians vote for Georgia because of the similar (well some people think so) situation with Russia or something like that, so it's "friendly voting")
Thanks for turning this political. In my opinion, Georgia's entry was the best and most powerful ballad this year and everybody I have spoken with about Eurovision agreed. I'm sure jury also gave it high points. Just face it, people actually liked this song.

JackBauer

lucian-crusher said:
And here is how the Romanian jury voted:

12 to -dk
10 to -be
8 to -ua
7 to -tr
6 to -am
5 to -al
4 to -pt
3 to -il
2 to -is
1 to -az

This is good for one point, i really feared germany was more of a Jury choice than a televote's winner.We know now that the romanian's televoters awarded at least 6 points which is great.

And of course Romania's top was Moldova & Greece but that was expected as they liked thoses countries and the songs were quite good this year.

paddyirl

12 - Denmark - kinda surprised I knew it would get something from us but not this much.
10 - Belgium - type of music that is big in Ireland, jury would have liked it too.
08 - Germany - also a type of music liked here.
07 - Romania :D My fave, surprised by high placing since we never usually give songs I like many points. It would go down well in clubs here.
06 - France - Again would be big in the clubs here.
05 - Georgia - Jury would have loved this ballad I imagine.
04 - UK - Dunno why, habit I guess :roll: :roll:
03 - Azerbaijan - Televote I would imagine, I doubt the jury liked this, it was bashed on RTÉ last week.
02 - Norway - the ballad loving Jury I reckon.
01 - Turkey - Dunno why this got points.

I thought we would give Cyprus points since it was a similar genre to Belgium and the people were Welsh.
Surprised our jury didn't give Israel high points though.

Top Bottom