Contact us

How did you learn to pronounce English words correctly?

MyHeartIsYours

I didn't :p
But something weird happens, when i sing an english song, my accent is almost perfect,
but when i speak english, it isn't that good.
How can that happen ?
I guess singing uses the vocal chords differently :p You cant really tell much difference between an American, a Brit or an Australian singing for instance, but speaking they sound very distinct.

niko

Banned
In Bulgaria before 1989 studying Russian was compulsory, so we had a lot of Russian teachers (like from Russia). After the political changes those Russian teachers pre-qualified and started teaching English. Now, you can imagine their horrible pronunciation and stuff (sorry Russian people, I love you and everything, but most of you suck at English pronunciation). And yeah, my english pronunciation kinda sucks, but at least I t.r.y.

I think I have to live at least 3 or 4 months in the UK to get the real British accent. The good thing is that we have some British migrants in Bulgaria and I can practice with them.

PS:
And I don't think I should learn to pronunce only the words correctly, but whole phrases because in English sentences words aren't alone, but have some connections between them (like the "linking R" for example).

Top Bottom