Contact us

Hosts

Asiye

Dima Bilan is going to host the second semi with Nigar :eek: What a love that he feels for Eurovision :lol: He can't be away from it. Please Dima Bilan, leave Eurovision alone!

FilipFromSweden

Sorry, wrong alert :oops: I didn't read carefully. I think he will only make a duet with Nigar and perform it during second semi.
http://www.esctoday.com/news/read/18666

Ok this is better, he will sing only one song and then leave :p
WHAT THE HELL?!?! RUSSIA WILL GET MORE VOTES. Okay well if Sweden winns in 2012 we are going to make Stella , Lordi , Rybak , Yohanna , and Chanee and Evergreen performing in a semi-final , oh yes..

FilipFromSweden

aaand i think its cheating because he lost his national final :(

94ayd

Hopefully, Nargiz will be contacting the spokespersons and we'll have nothing to worry about. :)

FilipFromSweden

I think Azerbaijan will be really great hosts , maybe like Germany and Russia. Still Germany is the best hosts ever so far. I still don't know if Azerbaijan will make a flop like Norway or Finland did (good commercial , neighbours! X-OI)

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Hosts of Eurovision 2012 Eldar, Leyla and Narguiz in preparation for the show have been trained in the German city of Cologne. This morning, hosts of the competition were the guests of the programs "Yeni gun" on Ictimai TV and "Guna baxan" on ANS TV.

"Eurovision stage is very dear to me. I am very proud to be able to enter it again as a host" - said Eldar Gasimov.
"When Eldar and Nigar won, I felt a sense of pride. To be the host is not a new thing to me, I have extensive experience in front of a large audience," - said Narguiz Birk-Petersen.
"We are now working without stopping, and do not think about anything other than the competition. In a short time we became very close friends," - said Leyla.

The work on costumes and stage images of the hosts of "Eurovision-2012" is also being done now, reported eurovision.az

Fluke

The hosts.

Seriously, did anyone not think the hosts this year were TERRIBLE? :?

Why do they have to act like this almost every year? Each year it's like a bad parody of last year. Always the same intentionally stilted way of talking, i-know-its-not-funny jokes and ridiculous "interaction", but for gods sake, why? Can't they come up with something better? They're supposed to represent the country, and the entire show for gods sake! Can't they have someone actually act dignified, OR at least funny, instead of neither?

I understand very well this is some sort of ESC tradition, but for the sake of god almighty WHY? Isn't it seriously time to break with the "tradition" of intentionally awkward and unfunny presenters?

Especially that woman in red who could barely speak English. When she tried to talk to the artists it was outright cringe inducing, something about her voice and delivery seriously made my stomach turn. They spend so much work organizing the contest, even building a giant arena this year more or less for it, yet they all have to use people who act like this to bind it all together? :shock:

Grinch

Usually I don't care about the hosts in ESC but they were really really bad.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Re: The hosts.

They were so rehearsed and stiff. I always say, put comedians up there who have some experience in Improv, they have the tendency to come across as more natural and fun. Anke Engelke comes to mind.

Sabrewulf238

The hosts were absolutely dire tonight. The "jokes" they made felt like something they came up with five minutes before the show started....they had really poor humour. They were so awkward and came across as really insincere when they were talking....just really uncomfortable to watch.

I really could go on and on about how rubbish they were...

It makes me feel like we were truly spoiled with the Norwegian and German hosts from previous years.

Interrail

I only didn't like the Eldar guy, he was waaaay too stiff, like a doll...He looked uncomfortable whole evening. Woman who forgot French line was most entertaining and natural, imo. I liked her.

dezbee2008

Can't the hosts be any more dull. Especially Nargiz and Leyla. Even Eldar looked unnatural. :evil:

MyHeartIsYours

The only good thing I can say about them is that they all looked amazing, Eldar was looked spectacular!

mono

they were terrible! the girl that annouced the finalists had the worst english accent ever! i didnt understood a word she said. eldar was terribly nervous and stiff the girl in red was the best but still bad. god! cant we have ankel again?

Top Bottom