Contact us

Hosts Eurovision 2022

sucof

For me :

Michelle Hunzicker and Pierfrancesco Favino

5cb701419c74c5d32abbb7ae16cad137.jpg

Last edited:

ESC94

I really hope that Rai stops this four hosts nonsense, two main hosts and maybe one for the green room are enough. For the male part I would go for Alessandro Cattelan, he hosted a late-night talk show where he already interviewed many international guests and is fluent in English, something that´s quite rare among TV hosts in Italy. The fact that he doesn´t look that bad is also helpful. ;)

Here a video with him and Natalie Imbruglia:

hzalfa

I really hope that Rai stops this four hosts nonsense, two main hosts and maybe one for the green room are enough. For the male part I would go for Alessandro Cattelan, he hosted a late-night talk show where he already interviewed many international guests and is fluent in English, something that´s quite rare among TV hosts in Italy. The fact that he doesn´t look that bad is also helpful. ;)
Absolutely anybody with even just a tiny amount interest in the contest here in Italy wants Alessandro Cattelan to host it, including Måneskin themselves. He's the most requested name BY FAR. The only problem is that RAI tends to favour their "historical" hosts over new ones, and Cattelan's presence in RAI is only going to start next September, so I still don't consider him a lock.
Michelle Hunzicker works for Mediaset, so I doubt she will get the job.

Other possible hosts whose names have been flying around the internet are:
-Chiara Ferragni: not going to happen after Fedez was sued by RAI
-Ema Stokholma: too inexperienced on TV, but I hope she gets to commentate the finals as well this year
-Raffaella Carrà: sensible choice, but she's 77 now and might be unable to keep pace with all the rehearsals
-Milly Carlucci: I have never seen a show hosted by her, so I don't know if she would be a good fit
-Simona Ventura: I think she doesn't speak English? Correct me if I'm wrong
-Livio Beshir: good fit I guess, but he's too unknown by the general public

Amadeus has already said that if RAI asks him to host, he will do it. But his English is very much not good enough to host Eurovision, I hope he doesn't get asked.

ESC94

Absolutely anybody with even just a tiny amount interest in the contest here in Italy wants Alessandro Cattelan to host it, including Måneskin themselves. He's the most requested name BY FAR. The only problem is that RAI tends to favour their "historical" hosts over new ones, and Cattelan's presence in RAI is only going to start next September, so I still don't consider him a lock.
Michelle Hunzicker works for Mediaset, so I doubt she will get the job.

Other possible hosts whose names have been flying around the internet are:
-Chiara Ferragni: not going to happen after Fedez was sued by RAI
-Ema Stokholma: too inexperienced on TV, but I hope she gets to commentate the finals as well this year
-Raffaella Carrà: sensible choice, but she's 77 now and might be unable to keep pace with all the rehearsals
-Milly Carlucci: I have never seen a show hosted by her, so I don't know if she would be a good fit
-Simona Ventura: I think she doesn't speak English? Correct me if I'm wrong
-Livio Beshir: good fit I guess, but he's too unknown by the general public

Amadeus has already said that if RAI asks him to host, he will do it. But his English is very much not good enough to host Eurovision, I hope he doesn't get asked.

Ema Stokholma?? Sorry, but when she announced the points in 2019 her English was absolutely terribe, so I hope it´s not her.

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance

I had thought about her as a co-host initially because she's fluent in French, but then I decided on having her as a green room host.

Ema Stokholma?? Sorry, but when she announced the points in 2019 her English was absolutely terribe, so I hope it´s not her.

35c65e953d9ef07ded5ae5eb9fad2797350ebd02.png

A-lister

Veteran
I am dreading that we're going back to screaming hosts and cringe jokes again... I am all for humor, but unfortunately it often falls flat and you need to have a really clever idea and script for it to work.

The Dutch hosts were a breath of fresh air tbh, we haven't had this "stable" hosting since 2016 imho.

The Dutch also managed to not make 3+ hosts a "scream-cringe-fest", but normally I'm against having more than 2 hosts since "too many cooks" have turned out to be a recipe for disaster as the screams and cringe have been magnituded.

Lance Esgard

Here a video with him and Natalie Imbruglia:

I'm dreading that one year or another there'll somehow be five.

Ellen

Alessandro Cattelan & Victoria Cabello, he's fluent in English, she's native.

victoria-cabello-and-alessandro-cattelan-attend-x-factor-tv-show-on-picture-id458541974

Plus Tess Masazza in the Green Room, she's half French so she would also cover the French speaking part.

15305069309332-FB_Tess_Masazza.jpg

Underdark

he is not, but he hosted some shows on italian television and has been a judge on x factor

sucof

Besides being judge of xfactor and guest in various tv programs he is also host in italy.
Here on Rai2:

A-lister

Veteran
^
I checked some Youtube clips now, I'm actually surprised to see Mika is pretty much fluent in Italian! I had no clue he has a career there. What is the background to him being in Italy all out of sudden? xshrug

Mika would be a fun host though, but I don't see it happening.

hzalfa

^
I checked some Youtube clips now, I'm actually surprised to see Mika is pretty much fluent in Italian! I had no clue he has a career there. What is the background to him being in Italy all out of sudden? xshrug

Mika would be a fun host though, but I don't see it happening.
It started with X Factor, he was invited as a duet partner for one of the contestants during the final in 2012, that contestant won and their song together was very succesful, so he was invited as a judge for future editions (he still is one). Obviously to be a judge he had to learn Italian, which I guess was easy for him since he is already fluent in French (and so many other languages that he should have no trouble learning a new one). From there he appeared in multiple shows across multiple channels and even hosted a couple of his own shows.

Last edited:
Top Bottom