Contact us

Hosts Eurovision 2022

sucof

For me :

Michelle Hunzicker and Pierfrancesco Favino

5cb701419c74c5d32abbb7ae16cad137.jpg

Last edited:

aef

I don’t understand why Mika was chosen. I absolutely hated his dreadful songs back when they were in the charts (but I guess that’s subjective taste). What is even his connection to :it:? 100% :it: hosts would have been better!

Mainshow

Veteran
ive taste). What is even his connection to :it:? 100% :it: hosts would

Mika was a host of the Italian version of X Factor and had an own show in Italy titled "Stasera Casa Mika".
I guess he´s just quite successful in Italy and well-received. Maybe they wanted to have an international celebrity who speaks English and French fluently?

When it comes to his comment on Eurovision:

As for Mika’s well-documented past criticisms of Eurovision, Vale writes: “It is positive that someone who critisized Eurovision in the past (for the right reasons) he has changed his opinions.”

Commenting on our Instagram post, @ahmadhalloun said: “Just FYI: Mika never bashed the contest itself, but the approach and song selections of certain countries.”

“He battled to bring Lebanon back in 2007 [and said that] is the only country he wanted to represent at the time.”
source: wiwibloggs

I think that it´s fair to level criticism on the contest or how some countries select their entries - I mean, we - as users of this very forum - do that all the time in the countries´threads and we still love the contest.

sucof

I don’t understand why Mika was chosen. I absolutely hated his dreadful songs back when they were in the charts (but I guess that’s subjective taste). What is even his connection to :it:? 100% :it: hosts would have been better!
Mika on Italian tv ( Rai )

Mika was chosen for three reasons:

1) His songs may or may not like but he is an international artist.

2) he speaks fluent english.

3) For several years already, as has also happened to Skin, he has participated as a judge in many talent shows and in many TV programs as guests. Especially Mika was also allowed to create his own TV shows. Edit: Mika has learned to speak Italian very well.

I believe that Mika's choice was excellent. It is always said that Italy does not give space to integration (it is not true) and when it happens do we complain about it? As Italian hosts we have Cattelan and Pausini. I think they are enough and they advance.

Turnip

Hmm.. I guess anyone can change their mind on something over time so I'm giving Mika a chance even though I can't stand his bitch ass

tomos2019

As a teenager I thought his 1 or 2 songs were bland, once I even knew who sung them or what they were called but I suppose he might be OK as a person and I confess, I always have to look up where he comes from!

Ezio

Veteran
Say what you want about Mika, but I love him and his music.

And he is a logical choice as a host, given his star power and multilingual command of several languages.

Zerocalcare

Chaos among the hosts. Laura Pausini with her diva behavior would be putting the entire organization in difficulty. Twelve changes of clothes, a singing performance by Pausini before the performance of the winning song of the Eurovision Song Contest 2022. Pausini, who in Italy strives to be seen as a humble woman with simple values, is not new to these behaviors: during the organization of the concert "Amiche per l'Abruzzo" (to raise funds to help Abruzzo hit by the earthquake in 2009) I try in every way to outclass the other singers by monopolizing the entire event. Lately in the television format "The Voice Senior 2021" (including Loredana Berté was among the judges) Pausini's father competed surprisingly, who was obscenely pushed towards the semifinal at the expense of other much better singers. During "The Voice Senior 2021" there was no shortage of congratulations to Laura Pausini and her mother was also invited as a guest. In the light of what has just been written, Alessandro Cattelan fears being crushed by Pausini and becoming a simple valet. The needle of the balance and of reason could be Mika. What will happen in the next episodes?

You who are always so informed about the Eurovision Song Contest world, were you aware of all this? 😃

goncalovieira

Laura needs to sing one of her smash hits.
She is still well known in Portugal or Spain.

Top Bottom