Contact us

Host city! - DUESSELDORF

Pietclock

Re: Host city!

It won't be in Hanover, I am quite sure of that, it is not a TV centre in Germany.

It will be a decision between Cologne, Hamburg and Berlin.
If it goes Raab's way, it will be in Cologne. He has his TV studios there, and Cologne is a big TV centre with lots of TV production companies having their headquarters there.

Hamburg and Cologne have equally good chances, followed by Berlin.

Berlin's public broadcaster, RBB, is notoriously out of money, and Germany's national football cup is played there at the same time.

Milos-BC

I somehow still think it's going to be Berlin, but Hamburg wouldn't be a bad option either. Though Berlin would be a bit cheaper for my pocket, so I also hope it'll be Berlin all the way :oops: :p

teroh

Hamburg will be pissed if they don't get it, considering they have been supporting Eurovision over all these years.

Anjeza

Yeah, but I guess EBU and NDR are not only looking for the support the contest has had the past years, but mainly for things like size of the hall and (maybe the most important) the infrastructure. And maybe (I repeat: MAYBE!) this is the point were Hamburg may will loose the contest, it simply takes you ages to go from the city center to the O2 World Hamburg.

scami

Here is the availability situation of the posible locations for ESC 2011:

Berlin: O2 World (17.000) – free from 16th of April
Hamburgo: O2 World Hamburg (16.000) – booked for May 12, 14 & 22
Cologne: Lanxess Arena (20.000) – free from April 29 (Lena's tour) to May 22 (not enough time)
Hannover: TUI Arena (14.000) – free from April 14 (Lena's tour) to May 18
Düsseldorf: - Esprit Arena (51.500) – booked until May 14 (Football, 2nd division)
- ISS Dome (11.500) - free until May 21
Gelsenkirchen: Veltins Arena (54.000) – booked until May 14 (Bundesliga)
Mannheim: SAP Arena (15.000) – free in April and May
Munich: Olympiahalle (14.000) – free in April and May

Source: eurosongcontest forum (thanks to "siren")
http://eurosongcontest.phpbb3.es/viewto ... &start=105

Lidija

Did they change the name of Color Line Arena Hamburg into O2 as well? Oh, how I hate calling arenas after those companies giving money for it. :x
"Lanxess Arena" for me will always stay KölnArena. Always and forever.

But Berlin actually has other locations, such as the former airport of Tempelhof. It's a huge place and some award show was already organised there. I'm just not sure if this is amicable for the Israeli delegation, as the area "rose to fame" due to the Nazis. :?

In Cologne or Gelsenkirchen the Turkish people will also feel at home, just like almost everywhere in Germany. :lol:

Milos-BC

goktengri said:
Berlin.

So we will not feel ourselves as alone...There are so many Turks :shock:

There are many Serbs too there :lol: :p And then, if I come, I will have where to be, as one of my friends is living is Berlin :p

teroh

Hannover's biggest radio station is boycotting Lena and her music for the next 3 weeks because Lena said she would prefer Berlin over her home city Hannover :roll:

This is getting so ridiculous. :lol:

Jukica

(Retired) Admin

I'm for Berlin :D

PoppySnuggleGlass

I wouldn’t mind Cologne, it’s one of the few German cities I haven’t visited yet. :D
I wouldn’t mind if Berlin got it either... For the simple fact that Berlin is made of win, and I don’t say that often (thank God!)

Just not Munich... I've been 3 times already. :p

Top Bottom