Contact us

Hong Kong

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Re: ♦ HONG KONG / XIANGGANG / 香港 ♦ WV 79 ♦ INTERNAL SELECTION - GUESS THE NAME OF MYSTERY BAND!

Let's start with...T xheart

Eulaliya

Re: ♦ HONG KONG / XIANGGANG / 香港 ♦ WV 79 ♦ INTERNAL SELECTION - GUESS THE NAME OF MYSTERY BAND!

Ne, nije!

_ _ _ _ _

___________ <- Platform

T

Nicholas123

gimme an "s" plz! :p

Eulaliya

No "S" for you, sorry!

_ _ _ _ _

l--------
l
l
l
l
l
l___________

T S

Eulaliya

Just to get going, I decided to put one letter myself.

_ _ _ Y _

l--------
l
l
l
l
l
l___________

T S

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

May I please have an L for Lee Lin Chin. Thank you.

Eulaliya

My apologies, but no L.

_ _ _ Y _

l--------l
l - - - -l
l
l
l
l
l___________ <- Platform

T S L

JChan

Let's gamble with an O please!!!

Eulaliya

Sorry, mother nation ::na, it has thrown away! :lol:
Five more wrong guesses left!

_ _ _ Y _

l--------l
l - - - -l
l - - - O
l
l
l
l___________ <- Platform

T S L O

Eulaliya

Re: ♦ HONG KONG / XIANGGANG / 香港 ♦ WV 79 ♦ INTERNAL SELECTION - GUESS THE NAME OF MYSTERY BAND! + HINT INSIDE

Hints for our mystery band: (no connection whatsoever with the selected song)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

ESCREGION

Re: ♦ HONG KONG / XIANGGANG / 香港 ♦ WV 79 ♦ INTERNAL SELECTION - GUESS THE NAME OF MYSTERY BAND! + HINT INSIDE

So,i want to try this...Let's say R!!!

Eulaliya

Sorry, oxi, there's no such thing as R!
Four more guesses left!

_ _ _ Y _

l--------l
l - - - -l
l - - - O
l - - - |\
l
l
l___________ <- Platform

T S L O R

Eulaliya

Re: ♦ HONG KONG / XIANGGANG / 香港 ♦ WV 79 ♦ GDJYB - THE LOVING MOTHERS (SF2)

:hk: WV HONG KONG presents :hk:

GDJYB
"The Loving Mothers"

GDJYB-Hong-Kong-That-Day-I-Went-to-His-Funera.jpg

About the Band
GDJYB's name comes from the Chinese dish " Steamed meatloaf with egg", they are a 4-piece indie band based in Hong Kong.

The band's members include Soft (Vocalist), Soni (Guitarist), Wing (Bassist) & Heihei (Drummer). Through composing their songs with Honglish (English in Hong Kong style & accent), they have published a series of songs with topic ranging from daily happenings to social topics. For example, their first published song "Burn it down" brings forth the struggle between religious and LGBT parties. On the other hand, "Durian what what what" describes the political situation in Hong Kong after the Umbrella Revolution in 2014.

The band focuses on the music genre which they named "Math-Folk". It is a combination of math-rock & folk songs with a constantly varying tempo and progression, alongside with gentle tones and harmonies.

GDJYB published their first full album "23:59 Before Tomorrow" in early 2017 in both Hong Kong And Taiwan Region, which consists of 11 new songs including hit singles such as "Durian What What What" and "Burn it down". This album also marks the end of bassist YY's journey with the band. The position is replaced by new bassist Wing Chan.

Lyrics

In the name of justice
I’ll crack you down on knee
You’re the bad cell in the brain
The dross sticking in vein

In the faith of power
The stick on hand we trust
You’re the stasis in the city
The virus break the chain

I am doing this for my love ones
I am doing this for my children
I am doing this for our city
I am doing good for you

Feel it
Feeling with fears
Just feel it
The blood’s mixed with tears

I have the gun
I am the big one
I am the justice
I am the hero
I am the justice
I am the hero
Your loving mother
Your caring mother

Eulaliya

And I think it's time for another NF again, for a change! This time it will be featuring some of HK's best music in a melting pot of genres.

We will reveal them in "A Song For Hong Kong WV 80", Wednesday, June 14, at 19 CET!
Here at Bulan-Bethari Palace, my new room at Plug!
https://plug.dj/-3842250717062398011

See ya! xwave

Eulaliya

The long wait for my fourth qualification has been extended...

Here I am again, a bit disillusioned for having myself being unlucky time and time again, but I'm never giving up on WV, ever.
So if anyone has got some suggestions for :hk:'s upcoming NF, shoot me a PM :)

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: ♦ HONG KONG / XIANGGANG / 香港 ♦ WV 79 ♦ GDJYB - THE LOVING MOTHERS (SF2) + WV80 NF LL ON WEDNESDAY!

My dear damsel, your non-qualification record saddens me given the fabulous array of music you have sent us. I hope your luck changes with this national final. Alas, I can't make your LL as I'll be driving home from holiday then, but I certainly shall be listening once it's up xcheer Best of luck xlove

Eulaliya

Re: ♦ HONG KONG / XIANGGANG / 香港 ♦ WV 79 ♦ GDJYB - THE LOVING MOTHERS (SF2) + WV80 NF LL ON WEDNESDAY!

WV 80: A SONG FOR HONG KONG

Hullo and welcome to Hong Kong's NF featuring ten songs in a melting pot of genres!
About the LL itself, it was attended by invisible ghosts (including those of Sandra Reemer and Riki Sorsa), mythological creatures and various cartoon characters from Disneyland cheering for their faves... Just joking! :lol: (I was just reading Animal Farm the whole time though...)

For those who missed the LL, we introduced another song from GDJYB that was the original choice for Cambridge before "Loving Mothers" was introduced...

So without further ado, here are the ten songs fighting for the prestigious ticket to WV 80, and of course, the fourth one to qualify (if luck and circumstances allow)!

1. Choi Sai-Ho feat. Jing Wong - The Light of Babylon

2. Janice Vidal - Butterfly

3. Teenage Riot - Trash From The Heart

4. Pakho Chau - Arrogant

5. Elephant Gym - Head & Body

6. Tang Yi - Your Child Will Grow Up Listening To My Song

7. Prune Deer - HeatDeath

8. Lantern Festival - Shining Door Star

9. Leah Dou - River Run

10. Chochukmo - King Of My World

Copy-paste List:

Voting:
Use Traditional ESC-style (12-1) in ranking the songs, then send your votes to Eulaliya (yup, that's me).
Deadline will be on 23th of June at 20 CET.
Have fun! xcheer

Thank you for voting:
:lond: ::na :pe: ::cema ::queb ::sg ::mida :jp: :ua:

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: ♦ HONG KONG / XIANGGANG / 香港 ♦ WV 80 ♦ MELTING POT OF GENRES NF NOW UP (DDL: TBA)

:lond: has voted in this mighty fine NF! Some songs I didn't like, but others sound like high points to me! Best of luck xlove

Hannah01

Re: ♦ HONG KONG / XIANGGANG / 香港 ♦ WV 80 ♦ MELTING POT OF GENRES NF NOW UP (DDL: TBA)

It lovely to see the potential HK got....

Eulaliya

Announcement:

The scandal has been spotted!

We have announced through an informant that Della has to withdraw from this NF (as she is from :tw: not :hk:) and instead, Janice Vidal will take her place with the song "Butterfly." It's a scandal really reminiscent of Luxembourg in its ESC days, eh? (Fun fact: Most of their artists were French, except the Greek Vicky Leandros, the Belgian Plastic Bertrand and the Irish Geraldine back in '75.)

So any points to Della will be transferred to Janice Vidal, unless those votes need to be resent in order to fix the scores.

Top Bottom