Contact us

Have you ever heard of the term "eurofan", referring to an ESC fan?

Have you ever heard of the term "eurofan", referring to an ESC fan?

• Yes

18 69.2%
  • No

8 30.8%

• Total voters

alca

Have you ever heard of the term "eurofan", referring to an ESC fan and NOT to a € lover or European football lover? I had a discussion with [MENTION=4597]Stargazer[/MENTION] and I thought it was well known. It turns out it might be only to certain countries. Definitely in Greece. :p

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Eurofan to me looks like someone who is a fan of the € money. ;)

I found out about it myself not too long ago. A lot of folks on twitter have #eurofan in their bio indicating that they are fans of the Eurovision Song Contest. At first I thought they were referring to Euro Cup or something but apparently it is a common term used in some contries referring to the fans of the contest.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I have heard about it several times. A few times on the television as well in the UK.

greece

Well as you said in Greece most people are referring to Eurovision fans, as Eurofans.
However it is the first time that I hear that people who love euros are called eurofans as well

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
I found out about it myself not too long ago. A lot of folks on twitter have #eurofan in their bio indicating that they are fans of the Eurovision Song Contest. At first I thought they were referring to Euro Cup or something but apparently it is a common term used in some contries referring to the fans of the contest.
Yeah it seems like a common thing in some countries, apparently. But since eurofan seems to be a term used among supporters of European football, it's a bit confusing or misleading when Eurovision fans use it as well. It makes more sense to me for us to use ESC fan or Eurovision fan.

Well as you said in Greece most people are referring to Eurovision fans, as Eurofans.
However it is the first time that I hear that people who love euros are called eurofans as well
Hehe I don't think there are any € euro fans that would label themselves as such. I just meant that to me the term eurofan reminds me more of the money, than the Eurovision Song Contest.

MyHeartIsYours

Yeah eurofan is a pretty common here for Eurovision fans. When we're talking about something political ie Euro/EU, you would be termed something like a Europhile instead.

Verjamem

Usually I don't call myself as "eurofan", but I think that it's fully correct term ;) By the way, sometimes I use term "eurosceptic", when someone has a negative attitude to contest :D

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Eurofan is something related to EU more than ESC. Never heard of it used in the context of Eurovision xthink

IncognitoGH

Here ... I've never heard it or been called it. I've been called a 'Eurovision fan' ... that's all. Eurofan seems a bit more political to me.

Salmon

...No.

On a related note, I absolutely hate how ESC is called Eurosong sometimes in Ex-YU countries. It... it just doesn't seem right to me.

SRBIJA

Banned
...No.

On a related note, I absolutely hate how ESC is called Eurosong sometimes in Ex-YU countries. It... it just doesn't seem right to me.

Actually it's RTS (and other broadcasters?) pushing this name. The name ''Evrovizija'' is much more common among the people at least here.

Verjamem

The name ''Evrovizija'' is much more common among the people at least here.
And this is very good. E.g. in Poland we have "Eurowizja", in Russia "Evrovidenie", in Portugal "Eurovisão" and on Balkans (mainly in Serbia?) "Evrovizija". Everything is right now :D

Top Bottom