Contact us

Hesse

WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
GERM0109__59347.1580563565.1280.1280.png

WELCOME to HESSE'S official WV thread!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Official results of me

Official results of Hesse

ChrisMar

WV 10: Sinew - Pilots of a New Sky | 25/27, 54 pts. (f) / 9/25, 67 pts. (sf)
WV 11: Mighty Vibez - We Coming Around | 22/23, 16 pts. (sf)

Amir

WV 77: Hans Zimmer - This Land | 5/28, 171 pts. (f) / 4/22, 94 pts. (sf)
WV 78: La Bouche - Sweet Dreams | 11/21, 56 pts. (sf)
WV 79: Monrose - Shame | 26/29, 98 pts. (f) / 6/22, 78 pts. (sf)

BernadetteCydonia

WV 131: Alice Merton - Hit the Ground Running | 17/25, 49 pts. (sf)
WV 132: Snap! - Rhythm Is a Dancer | 2/27, 166 pts. (f) / 5/27, 84 pts. (sf)
WV 133: Namika - Zirkus | 26/26, 14 pts. (sf)
WV 134: Sofi Tukker - Swing | 18/28, 102 pts. (f) / 3/27, 89 pts. (sf)
WV 137: Culture Beat - Crying in the Rain | 18/26, 104 pts. (f) / 11/24, 64 pts. (sf)
WV 145: AWOLNATION ft. Alice Merton - The Best | 10/27, 118 pts. (f) / 11/25, 59 pts. (sf)

Last edited by a moderator:

BernadetteCydonia

Re: Guten Tag, it's HESSE calling 🤡 WV 133: Namika - Zirkus

::hess HALLO LIEBLINGSLEUTE ::hess

58cc2dZ.png

Well here goes the circus afterall. And it's me. :lol: Seriously. Nah. There's no circus. It's just the song title. I am bad at clue-ing people in things.

Why this song?

I do believe Namika is an underrated pop singer in this song contest climate. Maybe because she's slightly too harmless? I don't know, but several of her songs I heard are bops, including this one. I wanted to avoid sending the obvious Lieblingsmensch out of the two songs people may remember from her though, and since the other one, the bigger smash hit for Namika that was Je ne parle pas français (ft. Black M), was already sent, there goes the Zirkus. But where are the clowns? xD

Also, it would have been so much extra fun to send Namika to where her roots reside had "Yallah" won the last edition (all kinds of shout outs to Morocco2021 the user mwah bbe), since she's half Moroccan... which means that possibly, with loose heritage rules (but not too loose, so you should be able avoid Kelly Clarkson representing Ireland... or should you?), Namika can too be adopted under Morocco's vast wings of talent infusing. But ah well. She's gonna have a little stop at the Climax.

So best of luck to her on there xheya xheart hoping she's having as good of a time as she does in the gif below:

giphy.gif

BernadetteCydonia

Re: Guten Tag, it's HESSE calling 🤡 WV 133: Namika - Zirkus

Like the last result, this one came through unexpectedly. Not that I expected to qualify this time round, because Namika's really hit or miss it seems. But a last place in the semi... this is my 2nd one in the WV series already! :lol: Oh where did I go wrong... everywhere. That's why I'm a circus.

At the VERY least I didn't end up winning & hosting in the end, and therefore putting even more stuff to deal with onto myself, which would've definitely messed me up from the inside in this middle of the month. I hosted a contest in that other forum, voted in some other contests, and wrote some music and all. I would look forward to win in a much more free date available instead then, and I hope you hear and meet my demands :lol:

But for now I'll just thank a few who voted Hesse and move on.

p.s.:

Now you TOO can sing along to the semifinal last placer song. 🤩

BernadetteCydonia

BernadetteCydonia

Re: Guten Tag, it's HESSE calling 🔥 WV 134: Onwards to Wales with something HOT

As much as I'm tempted to change countries left and right, I have a mission to fulfill I guess. And I think it can be fulfilled next edition, perhaps.

I'm fairly positive to say that I have an entry early on out here!! For once am I not really trying to wrap my head around the fact that I may be incompetent running a region I'm not fairly well acquainted with, for once - I have a damn song through, hell yes.

My only hint for now is that it will be some serious HOT shit, so stay tuned babes. x xheat Zjarr!

5218989-2762418508-UIIf7.gif

Last edited:

BernadetteCydonia

Re: Guten Tag, it's HESSE calling 🔥 WV 134: Sofi Tukker - Swing

::hess JUST SWINGING IN FOR VOTES! ::hess

hesse.png

Yeah I'm speedrunning a whole spiel of mine of doing these with this entry before I forget.

Why this song?

Well, I gotta thank a certain kind someone for telling me this artist comes from Frankfurt, so one more reason to march on with the region instead of giving up. xheart I think I do have a soft spot for their music - they do know how to make an insanely catchy song, afterall. "Swing" is one of such.

Sending them on their way to Wales, now good luck at trying to be not creeped out at the weird big eyes of those people in the video.

giphy.gif

Yee-ikes.​

BernadetteCydonia

2.png

The snowflake of Hesse has just swung into the finals and we couldn't have been more grateful xlove

BernadetteCydonia

hesse.png

Despite there being no new banner for us making the final, it doesn't matter because we did it this time! Cheers​

Last edited:

BernadetteCydonia

BernadetteCydonia

Re: Guten Tag, it's HESSE calling x WV 135: Onwards to Wales with absolutely nothing!

You read the title right. Hesse's not coming to Wales, unlike what I believed that the Hessean delegation will be staying for a while.

It's that season again when I don't visit the forum enough to remember to send an entry :| but as I'm still kind of allowed to return to the next edition without having to take some sort of a repercussion, you bet your ass Hesse will be back!

Stay tuned, my loves. And off I go preparing stuff for more of my college exams.

BernadetteCydonia

just kidding. we need a conclusion arc on the Sofi Tukker story~

So yeah, I didn't think that Swing will place any much that highly, a qualification was my main aim. So late thanks for proving me right, and yeah. Got nothing much more to say really. Also thanks to Amir for supplying me with Hesse knowledge. Hope you keep it coming someday.

p.s.:

BernadetteCydonia

BernadetteCydonia

Re: Guten Tag, it's HESSE calling 🕺 WV 137: Onwards to Canada with MORE EUROBEAT AYEEEEE

It feels finally freeing to let me tell you that after a bit of a break of me clumsily forgetting to hang on to this game, I told myself that this time I will send something, and so I did.

So expect Hesse landing on the land of Rodney McKay this time. With some more Eurobeat in our store. We'll be waiting for you to accept us back.

BernadetteCydonia

Re: Guten Tag, it's HESSE calling 🕺 WV 137: Culture Beat - Crying in the Rain

::hess DON'T YOU CRY IN THE RAIN WHEN I LEAVE HESSE BEHIND ::hess

Hesse.png

It's the deadline day, so before I forget, I wanna write a one last sendoff for a Hessean entry before I leave it behind.

Originally I was planning to ditch it for an Italian region because last week's Sanremo week left me shellshocked and yearning for more knowledge on certain things regarding Italian music. I've had some of my most listened songs of the year be in Italian. I even occasionally get offered an Italian Daily Mix on "spoteefaaaaai" (- Willie Peyote). Now I need someone to pray for me because it's all over.

But Kimrt has chosen to leave his share of the US states over for Serbia, so here I'll be, packing my bags off to :neus: Northeastern USA for at least three more months. I know I should not be immediately relieved, but I slightly am. That doesn't mean I didn't love being with Hesse (aka the "shit" region according to the Greek language), I'm just looking for a bigger and better adventure to keep up with me holding onto one region just to win for it and send a host entry that I love, which I almost did before with Hesse, but that almost was quite literally por um triz (- Carolina Deslandes), so I didn't get to send the one song I wanted. I was also considering sending that particular thing before departure, but I wasn't just feeling it, also two nonparticipations in a row got in the way.

So I'm all to steer in for an adventure, venturing around regions again. Let's hope this will be also fun having a United States bunch of states, the most prestigious hot spot to ever for now.

Why this song?

OK now, I don't wanna be full on Kirkorov, let's talk Culture Beat!

Chosen them because eurobeat/eurodance/eurowhatever is a fun little genre that I actually realize that I kinda love? I mean, I've heard them big hits (such as Mr. Vain from the aforementioned band, which is sadly ineligible for being sent before), so it's about that time to get into the news one just with as much anticipation, right? I checked something else out from them real quick and I liked it enough to make it an entry. Y'all do really need another dose of this after Snap! snapped you all by surprise a few editions ago.

Good luck at qualifying tomorrow, and in case it rains, make sure you stay cozy and warm, otherwise you might freeze to death!

g0Hg.gif

pictured: me after Sanremo Week is over and I don't know what the hell we gon do now

BernadetteCydonia

Re: Guten Tag, it's HESSE calling 🕺 WV 137: Culture Beat - Crying in the Rain

q11.jpg

We won't be crying, whether it's rain or no rain - for that we have qualified to this edition's final! xlove

BernadetteCydonia

I've gone ahead and updated the first post on this thread with as precise results of Hesse's past as I could find.

And I'm so sorry for posting this masterpost so many times, but I just need to impulsive to add up on to it for some reason.

(also I found out that I can finally toggle BBCode! That means no sleepless nights trying to remove QUOTE tags from my posts.)

BernadetteCydonias' WV masterpost:

23px-Flag_of_Sydney.jpg

WV 89: entry || qualification || final banner || reaction
WV 90: entry || reaction
WV 92: entry || qualification || final banner || reaction

:hu:

WV 93: entry || reaction
WV 94: entry || reaction
WV 95: entry || reaction
WV 96: entry || qualification || final banner || reaction

:at:

WV 100: entry || reaction