Growers / faders 2020

mauve

Veteran
So far, no true fader. But my grower is actually Finland. :lol:

Alaska49

as usual

GROWERS: EVERYTHING ON SPOTIFY
FADERS: EVERYTHING NOT ON SPOTIFY

the entries who are still criminals are albania, azerbaijan, croatia (technically on but geoblocked), georgia, ireland, macedonia, malta and slovenia. also, russia of course doesn't even have a song out. FUCKERS.

and serbia doesn't have the real version of hasta la vista out, only the we-recorded-this-in-a-potato-to-finish-before-the-deadline version. saaaaaad.

Realest

Growers:
:lt: hated it from the Beginning, but now its in my Top10.

Faders:
:al::cz: for obvious Reasons.
:no: :md: somehow lost my Interest for it.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Faders: :cz: because of the revamp
Growers: no super grower now i stan this etc but :bg: is the closest of this bunch i guess

Alaska49

the entries who are still criminals are albania, azerbaijan, croatia (technically on but geoblocked), georgia, ireland, macedonia, malta and slovenia. also, russia of course doesn't even have a song out. FUCKERS.
RUSSIA HAS A SONG OUT OFFICIALLY SINCE LIKE 60 MINUTES AGO AND IT'S ALREADY ON SPOTIFY

WHAT IS THE EXCUSE OF THESE HOBOS

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Growers:
:al: first entry AND :al: second entry
As much of an unbearable pest (cit. @Alaska49) as I already was about "Shaj," I think it took the revamp to make me realize just how much I had truly let it into my heart. First version of "Shaj" probably should've been more like 3rd in my ranking and the revamp will not be far off.
:sm: :sl: :it: :uk:
Faders:
:no: From rough indifference to staunch dislike.
:pl: I don't think this is OMG AMAZING like I thought when I first heard it but still like it.
:lt: :is: How much I love the artists skewed my first impressions and made me a bit too hyped. I still enjoy both and of course the artists behind them.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
now that we had to watch the songs again a few things changed a bit

G: :am: :hr:
F: i think only :mt:

i think even :es: was not so dislikable to me, but i think it's mostly because of the draw :lol:

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
Growers: :am::pt:

Faders: :is::mk::bg::mt::cz::it::pl::ro:

Even though the Grand Final would've been tomorrow, I already have my post-eurovision-feeling about the songs, where they fade really quickly on me.

I'll probably come back to a handful of the songs in some years.

It's such a sad thing that we won't see the final product (staging, attitude, fashion etc.) of the songs this year. I'm sure we would have had a big surprise during rehearsals and everything would've looked different now.

Zonne147

Growers:

:dk: - It was a mid-table initially, now it's in my Top 5 & my favorite Danish entry in the last 10 years.
:de: - Don't think it would be a contender for the victory but it's in my top 10 and my favorite German entry (studio) since like 2013.
:cy: - It's really my thing, for some reason I have not clicked with this when it was out, now it's like 7th or 8th for me.
:md: - Not as much as others, it was like 30th-35th and now it's close to my Top 20.
:ie: - Was at the bottom of my list when it was out, now it's close to my Top 20 too.
:au: - It was in my top 10, dropped to like 20th and now it's very close to the Top 10 again.
:bg: - I declare this one as my 2020 runner-up.
:ch: - Same here, at first I found this one very very good, now it's one of my favorites.
:is: - Not really much and still don't get the hype, but at least I can slightly enjoy it.
:ru: - Same as :is:

Faders:

:lt: - Was in my top 3, now closes my Top 10 - still like it very much but not as much as 2 months ago.
:az: - I have initally enjoyed it, but I quickly came to the conclusion that I didn't like it that much.
:it: - I was never a fan of this but now it's oficially one of my least 5 favorite entries of 2020.
:sm: - I found this a catchy and enjoyable entry in the beginning, now it's a bit annoying for me.
:al: - "Shaj" was a fader when other songs were out, but I don't think the English version is worse tbh. 20th-25th place atm.
:ro: - It was an enjoyable song for me at the beginning now it is like my 30th.

Last edited:
Top Bottom