9 7.4%

14 11.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnArg

ERT's management team, the Greek delegation and Dream Team met yesterday for the first time all together after Eurovision 2022. They celebrated their success in Torino and the second top10 in a row (sth that only Italy and Ukraine has managed in the last 2 contests). It's very early of course to predict what will happen in Eurovision 2023, but ERT wants to mantain its top10 strike and the quality entries Greece has in this decade. Get ready for sth different this year ... Sth Greece has never sent to the contest before!

lilka

Whatever you send Greece, I always S.A.G.A.P.O. ες εϊ τζι εϊ πι όου :ROFLMAO:

Well, with the exception of 2002.

Bobjan FR

Hi, it's not related to the news, but :

I'm looking for the televote percentage of , Or greece, or Cyprus, of one of theses last years ...? I remembered somewhere, the detailed televote results of one of theses two countries was revealed, but i do'nt remember which one and what year :x Maybe my memory trumps me, but if someone knows.... Thank you !

A-lister

Veteran
ERT's management team, the Greek delegation and Dream Team met yesterday for the first time all together after Eurovision 2022. They celebrated their success in Torino and the second top10 in a row (sth that only Italy and Ukraine has managed in the last 2 contests). It's very early of course to predict what will happen in Eurovision 2023, but ERT wants to mantain its top10 strike and the quality entries Greece has in this decade. Get ready for sth different this year ... Sth Greece has never sent to the contest before!

The horror team again?

Doesn't Greece has anyone else? And who in their right mind want to be associated with russia these days anyways (unless they keep the russian side of the team out of the picture that is, but still a boring choice) xshrug

lilka

Something new? Heavy metal then! :eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

lilka

Oh yes please. It should be forbidden to Greece to sing in any language other than Greek!

Nicholas123

lilka

Who writes all these lyrics? :eek::ROFLMAO:
This is even "better" than some of the "best" creations of Karvelas :ROFLMAO:

Nicholas123

Greece, give her a chance, pls!

She said she is sending a song for ESC 2023, though she did not clarify whether she meant Greece, Cyprus or both.

Right after her interview, an "angry" editorial from eurovisionfun was published. The author suggests that ERT should ban from its selection process all the artists who bid for both Greece and other countries at the same year (unless they have already been rejected by the other national broadcasters). :lol:

Mainshow

Veteran
Oh gosh some Eurovision fans are simply tiring.

"El Diablo" got turned down by the Germany delegation/jury and we chose a song which ended up receiving zero televoting points instead.

Kylie Minogue turned down Britney's Grammy-award-winning pop masterpiece "Toxic" and Britney turned down Rihanna's megahit "Umbrella".

There's no need to ban artists or songs which may or may not apply for more than just one country.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Oh gosh some Eurovision fans are simply tiring.

"El Diablo" got turned down by the Germany delegation/jury and we chose a song which ended up receiving zero televoting points instead.

Kylie Minogue turned down Britney's Grammy-award-winning pop masterpiece "Toxic" and Britney turned down Rihanna's megahit "Umbrella".

There's no need to ban artists or songs which may or may not apply for more than just one country.

seriously what's the point of it... i don't get it

JohnArg

No i didn't write an "angry" editorial about that. I said that when a song is submitted in a broadcaster it can't be submitted at the same time in another broadcaster, unless firstly it has been rejected, exactly as happened with El Diablo. I can understand Nicholas feeling for me and eurovisionfun, but changing my words won't help him. BTW that rule is in every national selection...its not sth new!
@Nicholas123 κουλή κουλή, αλλά ειμαι η αδυναμια σου ξεκαθαρα!

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Some Greek beef xheart

Dunno - Nathan applied for Germany and Austria simultaneously - our broadcaster even presented them as one of the remaining 20(?) ones before he dropped out and got announced as the Austrian entrant.

I honestly believe that some broadcaster accept artists who apply for more than one country at the same time.

lilka

Ο όρος αυτός είναι η μη δυνατότητα των υποψηφίων να καταθέσουν τα τραγούδια τους σε άλλη χώρα, όσο τουλάχιστον η συμμετοχή τους στην ΕΡΤ δεν έχει απορριφθεί και βρίσκεται εντός της διαδικασίας.

Seems logical and fair. What is all the fuss really about?
By the way, Evangelia is really good! I love "Φωτιά"!

JohnArg

Ο όρος αυτός είναι η μη δυνατότητα των υποψηφίων να καταθέσουν τα τραγούδια τους σε άλλη χώρα, όσο τουλάχιστον η συμμετοχή τους στην ΕΡΤ δεν έχει απορριφθεί και βρίσκεται εντός της διαδικασίας.

Seems logical and fair. What is all the fuss really about?
By the way, Evangelia is really good! I love "Φωτιά"!
Exactly...the reason for the "angry" editorial as @Nicholas123 says was Evangelia's behavior last year. The problem isnt when an artist takes part in 2 different national selections. The problem is when that artist send the same song in 2 selections, and the procedure still goes on in both countries.
That happened last year with Evangelia. She sent the same songs in Greece and Cyprus, without been rejected firstly in one of the two countries. She took advantage of the fact that ERT didn't include in the rules that the artists can't submit the songs they sent to ERT in other countries, as long as their songs are still in the competion. This was the reason ERT last year announced in November the 5 artists that qualified in the sec and final round of the selection, so the other artists could make their plans. Evangelia before that announcement sent the same songs to RIK. This won't happen this year as ERT will include that rule, as all the other countries.

lilka

Greece is my 2nd homeland, I was Greek in my previous life! :cool:
And Annoula was my mother :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

PanosAK

Top Bottom