But if we die together now
We will always have each other
I won't lose you for another
And if we die together
I will hold you till forever
If we die together, die together now​

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicholas123

Bad news for the fans of Kalomira. She decided not to take part afterall. The juicy part in this is the reason. According to OK magazine, she felt that the people of ERT did not seem to support the idea of sending a 36 yo mom of 3 children and that they prefer to give a chance to younger and fresher artists. :coffee:

JohnArg

The true reason why she didnt apply!

JohnArg

Citelis

For me the problem with Kalomoira is not her age but the fact she has already participated in the past. I prefer someone new.

Grinch

I don't know how her being 36 or the number of her kids affected the decision of the process of choosing Eurovision participants honestly but if it's true, this is f.cked up! Never was a fan of her previous song but I felt sorry for her after reading that.

AliceEsc

Praying for good job nicky xpray
I had no idea Jimmy Sion was into consideration, I'm curious I think he would be good.

hpp0

as stated in many articles - most of these artists wouldn't want to do a national final.
I don't know what the artists think or have said on that matter tbh, but from what I understood they will kinda have a NF but behind closed doors. The thing is that most comments I've seen from Greeks (who actually care about esc) would love to have a NF with all these submissions.

Citelis

A national final by ERT will probably sound and look cheap and bad so some artists may do not want to get involved in such show.

krivac

ERT couldn't even afford to make stage for live on tape. Let alone NFs. They only thing which they afford nowadays are boring shows which not even boomers watch.

At besides if ERT believes they can win Eurovision with dream team, lousy choices and rejecting interesting ideas/singers for stupid reasons (like Kalomoira now) then they are simply deluded because Eurovision is different now and this is no 2005 anymore. If they keep doing this strategy they will return back to the poor results. Someone should tell them that they are not suddenly powerhouse just because they finished TOP10 for a first time in years..........

Shadowfuxcs

ERT couldn't even afford to make stage for live on tape. Let alone NFs. They only thing which they afford nowadays are boring shows which not even boomers watch.

At besides if ERT believes they can win Eurovision with dream team, lousy choices and rejecting interesting ideas/singers for stupid reasons (like Kalomoira now) then they are simply deluded because Eurovision is different now and this is no 2005 anymore. If they keep doing this strategy they will return back to the poor results. Someone should tell them that they are not suddenly powerhouse just because they finished TOP10 for a first time in years..........
Well the dream team is not involved (Fokas has worked without the dream team including the 2005 win and also Greece 2013, Spain 2019 out of the top of my head, these are not dream-team entries). As for the live on tape indeed Greece shot it in Sofia but so did many others including Malta who wanted to win and host, so it’s probably just because they didn’t want to set up a stage when could do it in a nearby country.
Of course Greek National finals have been cheap af but that’s mostly because of reasons of appearance and lack of esthetic of the people working for the broadcaster at the time.

krivac

Well the dream team is not involved (Fokas has worked without the dream team including the 2005 win and also Greece 2013, Spain 2019 out of the top of my head, these are not dream-team entries). As for the live on tape indeed Greece shot it in Sofia but so did many others including Malta who wanted to win and host, so it’s probably just because they didn’t want to set up a stage when could do it in a nearby country.
Of course Greek National finals have been cheap af but that’s mostly because of reasons of appearance and lack of esthetic of the people working for the broadcaster at the time.
The countries who went to Sofia were either poor European countries which didn't have the equipment for such things or small countries like Malta. Most countries filmed their live on tapes in their countries.
And the countries which didn't did live on tape in JESC 2020 were also just poor countries and Malta....

Sure the Greek NFs were not expensive either but back then at least they could afford them. Also it happened in the period which ERT was less closeminded in general. Nowadays they barely have money to even taking part in Eurovision. ERT is still recovering from the 2013 closure unfortunately.

hpp0

I don't think that the current ERT is the same as the one that held a NF in a mall. Since last year they are doing a big effort to promote the channel, by hosting series and shows that the private channels wouldn't even consider in the favour of the same old things, and they do pretty well imo.

If they hold a NF I don't expect a Nordic level of NF, but I believe that it wouldn't be worse that the rest of the Balkans' NFs and while they aren't the highest level of quality, they are at least respectable.

Nicholas123

Actually, after watching Marina Satti's magical guest appearance in The Voice, last night, i wouldn't mind ERT cancelling the internal selection and send her, instead. :p She has a new album coming out shortly. :D

Nicholas123

Nicholas123

4. Joanna Drigo (i don't know her.gif)
5. Lou is (real name Louisa Sofianopoulou) (who???)

l hope ERT rigs it for GJN. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I see two scenarios here: Greece can continue being innovative, new, risky, original as it's been since 2017, so in this case they should select Amanda, Lou or Joanna. Or Greece can come back to being stereotyped, ESC-tailored, dated and "fans-satisfying", so in this case they can select GJN or Ilias Kozas.

Top Bottom