But if we die together now
We will always have each other
I won't lose you for another
And if we die together
I will hold you till forever
If we die together, die together now​

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicholas123

WOW! Did not even know Greece has such great artists! ERT would be mad not to pick him, I swear if they pick the dream team again ughh...

ESC is definitely the wrong place (pun intended) if u seek the best and most interesting stuff the Greek music scene has to offer.

He looks sooo greek, love it :ROFLMAO:
Would be very interesting to see what he could do on a huge stage.
We stan a greek nose. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

krivac

Greece has a lot of good singers, unfortunately only few of them would really work well at ESC tho.

Shadowfuxcs

I am worried about 2022 as I do not really believe our broadcaster has figured out how to do eurovision. The top 10 placement this year might turn out to be a fluke or even a hindrance if ERT gets convinced that sending dream team songs is the way to go.
Since it looks like interest in eurovision is starting to rise again this would be a good chance to do a proper open selection to internally select a song or even have a real national final should there be enough good options.
The mistakes that ERT always makes are that
a. They internally select artists or songwriters without a readily available song
and
b. The few national finals after 2010 have not been really open for submissions but instead some big labels were invited to select a singer and song of their choice and we mostly got selections with no-names and talent show contestants with mostly underwhelming entries.

So the approach Greece has towards the contest needs to change and focus on selecting the song before anything else, like the Netherlands and Switzerland did in recent years. It is also time Greece took a risk and sent something unpredictable for their standards (2019 was a step to that direction but they could have done with a less mainstream song). In the Greek televote this year the top 5 apart from Cyprus and Albania were Italy, France, Finland, Ukraine and Switzerland. This shows that the public can have a better grasp of what is good for eurovision than the broadcaster and all of these songs are in genres that Greece does not seem willing to send and also I can't see ERT daring to pick anything like these songs on their own. Therefore a new well-organized national final should be in the cards if not for 2022 then for the year after. It would be a good idea to revive the Thessaloniki festival once again and use it as a Greek San Remo-FiK as a lot of successful acts came through it in the past.

rasmuslights

Veteran

this would be great.. doubt ERT will go after her tho.

Shadowfuxcs

this would be great.. doubt ERT will go after her tho.
eurovisionfun seems to be in good terms with ERT so it is possible that she is being considered and they are testing the waters (something similar happened with Stephania when Wiwibloggs "recommended" her first though they obviously had received direction from ERT about it).
The good thing is that both Amanda and Nikolas don't look like potential dream team proteges.

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
eurovisionfun seems to be in good terms with ERT so it is possible that she is being considered and they are testing the waters (something similar happened with Stephania when Wiwibloggs "recommended" her first though they obviously had received direction from ERT about it).
The good thing is that both Amanda and Nikolas don't look like potential dream proteges.

yeah for sure they won't be! I'm thinking that the dream team will be have Russia next year and Greece will hopefully try something new as they did in 2019 -- which was the best Greek entry last decade imo.

Fluke

Some variety would be nice from this country. Seriously, anything but another dance-pop song, or a stereotypical Greek ballad, just anything else would be fun....

Nicholas123

Lol @ this post above. Greece has sent during the last 8 years balkan-ska, club-house, 80's westernized ballad, Pontiac folk/hip-hop, indie-pop ballad Jess Glyne style, ethno-pop and 80's Dua Lipa inspired dance pop. You guys can hate all you want about the quality of the Greek entries (it's a matter of taste afterall), but bitching about the supposed lack of variety? xrofl

Anyway, eurovisionfun.com is in good terms with ERT indeed and i am pretty sure they are not just throwing names randomly. I believe our next representative will be one of of the artists they have already been or will be later mentioned by them.

So far, they have mentioned : Good Job Nicky, Amanda Tenfjord and a completely unkown (at least to me) twink , named ARCHOLEKAS (God forbid).

Last edited:

Shadowfuxcs

rasmuslights

Veteran

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Since this year Greece sent a :gr:/:nl: singer because the contest was hosted in the Netherlands, I wonder if they could send a :gr:/:it: singer next year... but I also wonder, are there any?

A-lister

Veteran
Lol @ this post above. Greece has sent during the last 8 years balkan-ska, club-house, 80's westernized ballad, Pontiac folk/hip-hop, indie-pop ballad Jess Glyne style, ethno-pop and 80's Dua Lipa inspired dance pop. You guys can hate all you want about the quality of the Greek entries (it's a matter of taste afterall), but bitching about the supposed lack of variety? xrofl

Yeah, I mean one can say many things about the Greek entries, but that there would be no diversity? xshrug

However, what I get from the comment is that often the same names (songwriters) pop up and that's kinda true...

Nicholas123

Yeah, I mean one can say many things about the Greek entries, but that there would be no diversity? xshrug

However, what I get from the comment is that often the same names (songwriters) pop up and that's kinda true...

If we talk about the so-called dream team, then i agree. We picked them to represent us in 2009, 2017, 2020, 2021. I think it would be nice to see them retiring for a few years and give some space to other artists. This is why i support Amanda and Nicky. Cause they will write the songs themselves and Kontopoulos will most probably not get involved in the whole process.

rasmuslights

Veteran
If we talk about the so-called dream team, then i agree. We picked them to represent us in 2009, 2017, 2020, 2021. I think it would be nice to see them retiring for a few years and give some space to other artists. This is why i support Amanda and Nicky. Cause they will write the songs themselves and Kontopoulos will most probably not get involved in the whole process.

amen to that! i'm praying for Amanda and Nicky do you think there is a high chance it will be one of them?:)

Nicholas123

amen to that! i'm praying for Amanda and Nicky do you think there is a high chance it will be one of them?:)

Hopefully. I've been told that Nicky has his reservations about doing ESC, but he is seriously thinking about it. As for Amanda, she is very enthousiastic, she even liked eurovisionfun's post about her on IG (not to mention that efun started following her). But still it's too early to tell. xshrug

A-lister

Veteran

Yeah, that's what I referred to, and they're highly the most imaginative out there. 2021 was surprisingly "fresh" sounding for them though, although they screwed it up with the staging big time but that's another topic that we've already kinda agreed on...

I have no idea who Amanda is, but this Nicky dude could potentially be interesting.

Nicholas123

Yeah, that's what I referred to, and they're highly the most imaginative out there. 2021 was surprisingly "fresh" sounding for them though, although they screwed it up with the staging big time but that's another topic that we've already kinda agreed on...

I have no idea who Amanda is, but this Nicky dude could potentially be interesting.

Amanda Tenfjord, she was posted above. She is Greek-Norwegian, she was completely unknown to me until eurovisionfun.com published an article about her as one of the artists ERT is considering.

From what we know till now, ERT won't be sending an ethno flavoured entry next year. Thy are looking for sth mor modern, westernised and jury friendly.

A-lister

Veteran
Amanda Tenfjord, she was posted above. She is Greek-Norwegian, she was completely unknown to me until eurovisionfun.com published an article about her as one of the artists ERT is considering.

From what we know till now, ERT won't be sending an ethno flavoured entry next year. Thy are looking for sth mor modern, westernised and jury friendly.

I see, seems a bit meh to me tbh, a budget Lorde or something...

Then I'd rather see the Nicky guy...

Top Bottom