But if we die together now
We will always have each other
I won't lose you for another
And if we die together
I will hold you till forever
If we die together, die together now​

Last edited by a moderator:

lilka

Sounds promising! I'd love to hear the whole song! It actually sounds better than "Die together".

By the way, guys, my dream is finally about to come true. I have just bought a ticket to Anna Vissi's concert in Athens on 6/7. I can't believe it. xcry

Ezio

Veteran
Greece checked all the boxes for a televoting flop:

- female
- ballad
- dark
- dramatic

Where was the surprising element, the unique selling proposition? Safe jury bait. I liked to listen to the song for a little while, but now not anymore. I gave this song 6 points, now 4.

My favourite Greek ballad was in 2015. The stage show captures my whole attention. And yet it already suffered the same fate.

ArmpitOfEurope

Greece checked all the boxes for a televoting flop:

- female
- ballad
- dark
- dramatic

Where was the surprising element, the unique selling proposition? Safe jury bait. I liked to listen to the song for a little while, but now not anymore. I gave this song 6 points, now 4.

My favourite Greek ballad was in 2015. The stage show captures my whole attention. And yet it already suffered the same fate.

Die together was never going to be a televote magnet. And she finished #12 overall in the televote, not too shabby for the kind of the song she had. She even did better in the televote than the other 2 female ballads than fans were going crazy for, De diepte and Saudade saudade. Amanda kept Greece in the top 10 ( only Greece, Ukraine and Italy have been top 10 in 2021-2 ),
she slayed, she did all she had to do

6cc419d96cd2a5aa67e3ee0823d6a5ac21cf8266.gifv

Ezio

Veteran
That's all true, but if it was not supposed to be a televote magnet, why was it traded at such short odds? And same is true for the Netherlands and Portugal. They hit into the same curb of televoting distraction.

Greece benefitted in the televotes of course due to biases from Cyprus and Norway. So scoring wise, not a big difference then to Netherlands and Portugal, who was further drowned by running order.

ArmpitOfEurope

That's all true, but if it was not supposed to be a televote magnet, why was it traded at such short odds? And same is true for the Netherlands and Portugal. They hit into the same curb of televoting distraction.

Greece benefitted in the televotes of course due to biases from Cyprus and Norway. So scoring wise, not a big difference then to Netherlands and Portugal, who was further drowned by running order.

The odds werent so short, she had like 2% chance of winning? And that mostly because it had jury entry written all over it.
Amanda got a great overall position and an ok televote score, she didnt get 0 or 3 tele points, she got 57. Lets not forget that this year there were a lot of big, fun televote magnets ( Ukraine, Serbia, Spain, Moldova, Norway etc ) making it even harder for ballads.

Last edited:

goncalovieira

The 8th place was deserved entirely, even though they had amazing running order spots.
Of course, that televote was fine. Especially with the typical voting allies.

Nicholas123

Amanda did an excellent job. 6th place with the juries, especially getting those 12s from :nl: :ch: and :dk: is not sth Greece is witnessing every year. :mrgreen: Televoting was a bit of a flop, but wth so many televoting magnets (like Spain, Serbia, Moldova, Ukraine etc) and so many balllads cancelling each other, it was bound to happen.
The reason why some people expected her to do better overall was probably due to fake hype some (Greek) sites were trying to create, like let's say that Greece was going to be a contender. Not gonna elaborate more on this, i'm sure most of you know to whom i'm refering. :lol:

Btw congrats to her. She just graduated from Trondheim Medical School! :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeoFjvTIVLK/

Last edited:

lilka

It takes a lot of intelligence, wisdom and talent to be an awesome singer AND a DOCTOR! This girl is simply incredible. Just think of it: she was in Eurovision and at the same time she probably had to manage some final exams etc. (I don't know how the things work at a medical uni) and study hard. Hats off to her, my respect. We have to admire people like Amanda, they are the future.
I am very curious of what her career path will look like from now on.

Realest

Bottom5 in all nordic Countries except :no: unfortunately.

FT1WGOwX0AAWvEi

One of the few things, juries got right this year.

ESC94

I never saw this as a real contender to be honest and when I look at the TV results I had the right feeling. Almost all points from neighbours and the expected "native daughter votes" from :no:, everywhere else mostly far away from getting points, even the other Northern countries didn´t care at all despite this sounding kinda "Nordic".xshrug

Last edited:

ArmpitOfEurope

I never saw this as a real contender to be honest and when I look at the TV results I had the right feeling. Almost all points from neighbours and the expected "native daughter votes" from :no:, everywhere else mostly far away from getting points, even the other Northern countries didn´t care at all despite this sounding kinda "Nordic".xshrug

There were not any contenders since Ukraine was in the game from the start anyway lol

ESC94

There were not any contenders since Ukraine was in the game from the start anyway lol

Yes, but I often read in articles that in case :ua: doesn´t that someone should look to certain countries, and :gr: was nearly always among them, so many viewed them at least as a "dark horse". xshrug

ArmpitOfEurope

Yes, but I often read in articles that in case :ua: doesn´t that someone should look to certain countries, and :gr: was nearly always among them, so many viewed them at least as a "dark horse". xshrug

So? She ended up 8. Why are people here talking like she didnt even qualify :ROFLMAO:
Its like shading The roop for ending up 8 in 2021 because many people thought they were contenders for the trophy. Unnecessary, top 8 ( especially in modern esc ) is amazing

Afterall, if someone out of the '' contenders '' dissapointed with their placing its Poland and Netherlands that didnt make it into the top 10 eventually. And Im saying it again, we didnt have contenders this year. We had Ukraine and then around 10 '' contenders '' which were not really contenders, just the rest of the top 10 songs. Amanda was always 5-8 on the bets, she was never #1, and she managed exactly that. Id understand this if she was a huge favourite to win it all like Loreen, but she never was. So all this is unnecessary in my opinion. She did great and thats all

musicfan

The best thing about the live on tape was that it was without possibly the noisiest audience in Eurovision history.

Top Bottom