And hold me before the morning comes

Let's dance
Oh-oh
A rockin' romance
This ain't our last dance
Let's dance​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ianp16

I'm here for Superg!rl, part 2, thank you very much. I also think that Stefania is stunningly beautfiful and would like her to have my babies.

lilka

rasmuslights

Veteran
Just kick that Stefania girl and send this already to ESC, it was released in October so it's eligible:

It's like it was written for ESC.

keep Stefania this year, she's talented (songwriting team is weak tho)..
but send Evangelia next year yes, I mean Fotia is sooo good.

A-lister

Veteran
Just kick that Stefania girl and send this already to ESC, it was released in October so it's eligible:

It's like it was written for ESC.

Miles above the bland and juvenile "Supergirl" ...

The problem with "Supergirl" is Dimitris Kontopoulos dated productions and the lyrics that would fit an jESC entry rather than an ESC one. The aim was good (a bop with ethno-motives), but the end-result not so much... so I hope the vision remains for the 2021 entry, but with a complete different team.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Miles above the bland and juvenile "Supergirl" ...

The problem with "Supergirl" is Dimitris Kontopoulos dated productions and the lyrics that would fit an jESC entry rather than an ESC one. The aim was good (a bop with ethno-motives), but the end-result not so much... so I hope the vision remains for the 2021 entry, but with a complete different team.

it will be the same team.. unfortunately. and also they said it will be more radio friendly than ethnic.

A-lister

Veteran
it will be the same team.. unfortunately. and also they said it will be more radio friendly than ethnic.

Yeah, not surprised, it seems Dimitris Kontopoulos is somehow holding the Greek broadcaster hostage...

I mean "Supergirl" wasn't really ethnic to begin with, but it had some ethnic motives, but other than that it was just dated TeenPop... if you strip away the song from the added ethnic instrumentations, then it was unlistenable almost... so unfortunately don't have high hopes for the new entry but, maybe there will be a pleasant surprise?

rasmuslights

Veteran
Yeah, not surprised, it seems Dimitris Kontopoulos is somehow holding the Greek broadcaster hostage...

I mean "Supergirl" wasn't really ethnic to begin with, but it had some ethnic motives, but other than that it was just dated TeenPop... if you strip away the song from the added ethnic instrumentations, then it was unlistenable almost... so unfortunately don't have high hopes for the new entry but, maybe there will be a pleasant surprise?

yeah I just except something decent.. It will most likely be a qualifier (in like 9th or 10th spot) and than finish 25th in the final hahaha. Damn why can Cyprus be so good, while Greece mostly sucks (except in 2019).. kind of hope they're going to invite Leon of Athens next year. We need to see another side of Greece rather than just ethnic bops (I wouldn't mind them if they were actually good and modern as it's the case if Cyprus).. I also hope Moldova starts sending their actual stars (aka. Mark Stam, Irina Rimes, Carla's Dream..) instead of Kirkorov.. Russia has already started to do that, so happy about it.

A-lister

Veteran
yeah I just except something decent.. It will most likely be a qualifier (in like 9th or 10th spot) and than finish 25th in the final hahaha. Damn why can Cyprus be so good, while Greece mostly sucks (except in 2019).. kind of hope they're going to invite Leon of Athens next year. We need to see another side of Greece rather than just ethnic bops (I wouldn't mind them if they were actually good and modern as it's the case if Cyprus).. I also hope Moldova starts sending their actual stars (aka. Mark Stam, Irina Rimes, Carla's Dream..) instead of Kirkorov.. Russia has already started to do that, so happy about it.

Yeah, the comparison with Kirkorov is valid, but Moldova is a smaller market though so I think they have a more "valid" excuse (not only smaller market, but Kirkorov has the financial means to pay for everything which also adds) than Greece has to stick with the same guy. Although, apart from some entries, they're both clichéd and kitsch (not in a good novelty kind of way) and when they work together... this whole "Dream Team" nonsense sold to us by Wiwibloggs (that is sponsored by Kirkorov)... no more comments :lol:

rasmuslights

Veteran
Yeah, the comparison with Kirkorov is valid, but Moldova is a smaller market though so I think they have a more "valid" excuse (not only smaller market, but Kirkorov has the financial means to pay for everything which also adds) than Greece has to stick with the same guy. Although, apart from some entries, they're both clichéd and kitsch (not in a good novelty kind of way) and when they work together... this whole "Dream Team" nonsense sold to us by Wiwibloggs (that is sponsored by Kirkorov)... no more comments :lol:

agree with everything, but Moldova actually has a big music scene (well not really them, but kind of combined with Romania) - Global Records, the company Roxen is signed with as well, have a bunch of really popular and hip Moldovan artists, some of which I think would do it as well, since Roxen is also doing it... I really hope that they get Global Records to work with them as well and we can have another powerhouse at esc, cause Global Records literally doesn't produce dated music.

A-lister

Veteran
agree with everything, but Moldova actually has a big music scene (well not really them, but kind of combined with Romania) - Global Records, the company Roxen is signed with as well, have a bunch of really popular and hip Moldovan artists, some of which I think would do it as well, since Roxen is also doing it... I really hope that they get Global Records to work with them as well and we can have another powerhouse at esc, cause Global Records literally doesn't produce dated music.

I guess we're sort of off-topic since it became a discussion about Moldova, but yes it's true that there are a bunch of Moldovan artists signed to Romanian labels, but I guess it's label politics. If we stick to Greece as a comparison, the dynamic is a bit like Greece - Cyprus and I guess Moldova could do what Cyprus does, and they wouldn't even have to borrow Greek (in this case Romanian) acts like Cyprus does, they could just bring back their own but have the Romanian label responsible for the production, promo etc. But the question is if those labels, like Global for instance, want to invest in an entry for Moldova regardless if the artist happens to be from there? Also, Moldova is currently run by a pro-Russian government that is ultimately responsible for the national broadcaster, and for the pro-Russian camp they would rather look for people like Kirkorov than getting a Romanian label onboard, I could see the latter if a pro-European government would be responsible for the broadcaster and indirectly the Eurovision selection but not at this moment I'm afraid.

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
I guess we're sort of off-topic since it became a discussion about Moldova, but yes it's true that there are a bunch of Moldovan artists signed to Romanian labels, but I guess it's label politics. If we stick to Greece as a comparison, the dynamic is a bit like Greece - Cyprus and I guess Moldova could do what Cyprus does, and they wouldn't even have to borrow Greek (in this case Romanian) acts like Cyprus does, they could just bring back their own but have the Romanian label responsible for the production, promo etc. But the question is if those labels, like Global for instance, want to invest in an entry for Moldova regardless if the artist happens to be from there? Also, Moldova is currently run by a pro-Russian government that is ultimately responsible for the national broadcaster, and for the pro-Russian camp they would rather look for people like Kirkorov than getting a Romanian label onboard, I could see the latter if a pro-European government would be responsible for the broadcaster and indirectly the Eurovision selection but not at this moment I'm afraid.

good news in early November a pro-EU president has been elected! haahah But yeah I think you could compare Greece/Cyprus with Romania/Moldova. But I think the label would want to support Moldova as well, Moldovans are basically Romanian, same goes for Cypriots being basically Greek

A-lister

Veteran
good news in early November a pro-EU president has been elected! haahah But yeah I think you could compare Greece/Cyprus with Romania/Moldova. But I think the label would want to support Moldova as well, Moldovans are basically Romanian, same goes for Cypriots being basically Greek

Well, not really since the pro-Russian led government already managed a small "coup" even before the new president managed to barely step into her position and already stripped away powers from her with the argument that Moldova is foremost a parliamentary system (funny that the very same powers were given back to the previous pro-Russian president, but now taken away from the new pro-European one :lol:)

Anyways, that's obviously off-topic haha, but yeah the situation could be compared slightly to Greece/Cyprus, although I'm still not sure the Romanian labels have much interest to invest in an entry for Moldova, but who knows? xshrug

Coming back to Greece though, they should learn from Cyprus and step into the new decade finally! I mean if the rumors are true they didn't pick Eleni due to simply nationalistic arguments, then the broadcaster is really stupid. Not sure if that was for 2018 though and if it was with Fuego , to be fair though we got both Fuego and one of the best Greek entries to date in 2018 so I can't be mad at that (obviously I can't forgive the juries for blocking Greece's qualification that year, but that's a different discussion).

Last edited:

JohnArg

Stefania with Adrenaline in Eurovision 2021?

Top Bottom