Let's dance
Oh-oh
A rockin' romance
This ain't our last dance
Let's dance​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
I think people confuse “heartless”, with “stressed”. Give an 18 yo a break…

Weird logic tbh, she's in the game as everyone else and this is how it looks like, if she ain't ready for the heat (which I completely understand that a young person might not be), then it's better to mature first.

0scar

Weird logic tbh, she's in the game as everyone else and this is how it looks like, if she ain't ready for the heat (which I completely understand that a young person might not be), then it's better to mature first.

Ah she'll be participating for :nl: within a couple of years and then snatch the trophy

A-lister

Veteran
Ah she'll be participating for :nl: within a couple of years and then snatch the trophy

Might very well happen, the girl is hot and talented, but she might be too young mentally for it yet... and I don't blame her for it but she shouldn't be given a "free pass"...

Although for a fun catchy 80's influenced Pop track, the staging isn't really working for me...

Last edited:

tararaaam

I would not say it’s weird logic. She is not untalented or stiff, just really stressed. That is different, and can be worked. I feel like we have to be understanding to people that are new to this whole thing. Fyr og Flamme already have a career, still looked scared. I guess an 18 yo is allowed to be scared in her first huge performance.
To give an example: it’s different to be stiff because you are untalented ( f.ex. Moldova), rather than because of stress and inexperience.

A-lister

Veteran
I would not say it’s weird logic. She is not untalented or stiff, just really stressed. That is different, and can be worked. I feel like we have to be understanding to people that are new to this whole thing. Fyr og Flamme already have a career, still looked scared. I guess an 18 yo is allowed to be scared in her first huge performance.
To give an example: it’s different to be stiff because you are untalented ( f.ex. Moldova), rather than because of stress and inexperience.

I'm not saying she's untalented, and yes anyone can be stressed (regardless of age) and certainly a young person, but I don't think it can be used as an argument still because this is the reality of the show, and if someone isn't ready for it they might think twice to jump on it or the broadcasters/delegations should maybe think twice.

I think being stiff can come out of being nervous or stressed, you shouldn't read it as being "untalented", but in the end of the day you know what you're getting yourself into right? She's not the only young performer this year.

But all in all she did a good job, just a bit stiff, but like I said I think part of the issue here is the staging that just doesn't really work imho.

0scar

Might very well happen, the girl is hot and talented, but she might be too young mentally for it yet... and I don't blame her for it but she shouldn't be given a "free pass"...

Although for a fun catchy 80's influenced Pop track, the staging isn't really working for me...

Yeah the staging is a mess, agreed on that. The idea could have worked with other angles, another backdrop, better choreography. But the song is solid and her vocals are great so all joking aside, I'd love for Stefania to represent the Netherlands in a couple of years

tararaaam

I'm not saying she's untalented, and yes anyone can be stressed (regardless of age) and certainly a young person, but I don't think it can be used as an argument still because this is the reality of the show, and if someone isn't ready for it they might think twice to jump on it or the broadcasters/delegations should maybe think twice.

I think being stiff can come out of being nervous or stressed, you shouldn't read it as being "untalented", but in the end of the day you know what you're getting yourself into right? She's not the only young performer this year.

But all in all she did a good job, just a bit stiff, but like I said I think part of the issue here is the staging that just doesn't really work imho.
My main point is that being stressed is something that can change relatively easily, even on Saturday. While being untalented, not really.

A-lister

Veteran
My main point is that being stressed is something that can change relatively easily, even on Saturday. While being untalented, not really.

Surely, but I never said she was untalented though so that must have been a misunderstanding of my point...

Dessi

With the Moldovan, the Serbian and the Bulgarian crap getting through in this semi, Greece is a REALLY GOOD contender. :love:

And it got the 80's vibe I LOVE! xyaay xheya

Congrats, Greece! :giggle:xheart

Ezio

Veteran
Greece qualified thanks to the song and her vocals but this staging is a disaster. A Greek tragedy of hubris. For a moment I thought that juries might have killed it off the list

DenizESC

Banned
Yeah the idea itself is not that bad, but it's executed very poorly. You see her climbing on some screen, but it doesn't make any sense. I wish there were some steps or some building she's climbing onto, now she only seems like floating on a senseless image.
And before even reading this I told u the exact same things while watching :ROFLMAO:

Yea this was not a great performance, I need her to show me that last dance she is speaking about and Idk be free and jump around a little, meanwhile she is there on stage being stiff Idk. The song initially was in my top 10 but it keeps dropping. Outfit, hair, make-up also just not great for me (said it only 1000 times) but that's up to taste.

Grats on qualifying though.

cegs5

of 3500 people. Meanwhile millions are watching it on screen.
Yeah I’m aware of the figures, and also aware it’s a tv show. Millions, like me, are watching it on screen how an artist perform for those 3500 people, that’s the magic (that’s why it’s sad Iceland was not able to perform live tonight).

I love watching creative and artistic stagings, when they add and lift the entries, not unnecessary show off of tech resources that don’t add anything to an already good catchy pop song.

Nicholas123

Yeah I’m aware of the figures, and also aware it’s a tv show. Millions, like me, are watching it on screen how an artist perform for those 3500 people, that’s the magic (that’s why it’s sad Iceland was not able to perform live tonight).

I love watching creative and artistic stagings, when they add and lift the entries, not unnecessary show off of tech resources that don’t add anything to an already good catchy pop song.

Agree with you and i also don't agree with the whole staging concept for various reasons. In Fokas' defense though, he decided to go for this with the belief that no live audience would be allowed in Roterdam.

Last edited:

Lance Esgard

Having now see the full performance, I wish they picked a different segment for their recap. It looks so much like a Just Dance commercial my brain tunes out as if it actually was that kind of advertisement.

Great vocals, but in seems we generally agree the green screen is not a strong point.

sapsan

Justice for the best entries of the ESC we ever had!!!
I'll be very angry and dissapointed if Stefania and
Gjon's Tears isn't get to the TOP-3 in the Final, though the running order is bad: the most hateful and overrated entries received the best places I think.
It would be a miracle if Stefania or Gjon's Tears win, though Stafania is a miracle itself.
x12pointsxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartx12pointsxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartxheartx12pointsxheartxheartxheartxheart

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Agree with you and i also don't agree with the whole staging concept for various reasons. In Fokas' defense though, he decided to go for this with the belief that no live audience would be allowed in Roterdam.
Everything says he had this concept already in winter 2020 for Supergirl hence she was flying in the music video as well

Top Bottom