And hold me before the morning comes

Let's dance
Oh-oh
A rockin' romance
This ain't our last dance
Let's dance​

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowfuxcs

Another "dream team" nightmare then? Watch this getting 19th place again and then Kontopoulos and Fokas will be back in a couple of of years with a generic dance song sung by a female, hyping their "astounding track record" and claiming that they will be bring an unprecedented staging. It's a vicious cycle and I fear we will not make the top 15 until 2065.

Nicholas123

That's the problem with this chroma key effect. It's not reliable when u are working with it on a live show at a big arena. Inevitably there r gonan be glitches , shadows and other weird stuff (e.g. i read that during the family show Stefanias hair disappeared for a few moments). You just can't control it. The Greek team was surely aware of this, yet they accepted the "risk". I am sure it will be at least eye-catching for the casual viewers, despite the not so crisp graphics and all those flaws, but i can't help but thinking that they put themselves into so much trouble for nothing.

spinachpie

Let me guess: it won't stop Stefania from qualifying but it will be enough to get as another 19-26 result!
Maybe Greece will get more votes for the comedy effect.

It is a really good song though. Very well composed.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
İ miss Alcohol is free, Opa, Watch my dance, 00s, Aphodisiac 😒 Greece used to be my favorite country but now Cyprus fully replaced it

• Like It
Reactions: Jim

tararaaam

I think this is embarrassing to present. They either have to simply throw all the green screen plan off the window, or maybe glitch it even more, so it looks VHS-like or whatever.

spinachpie

I think this is embarrassing to present. They either have to simply throw all the green screen plan off the window, or maybe glitch it even more, so it looks VHS-like or whatever.

I would love that idea. The Greeks will think it was sabotaged though :p

Chorizo

I think it's a nice song. 8 points from me for now.

• Like It
Reactions: Jim

Lance Esgard

I don't get why they used the green screen for invisible dancers (except for the part where she is suspended like Sergey Lazarev in 2016). If they had projected graphics onto the dancers that would hide any errors better and I think that would have a bigger visual impact and be a more natural fit for the song.

EscGeek

Veteran
self-deprecating jokes above made wanna say this: :lol:

from 2004 to 2021 Greece is third in number of total top 10 finishes for me. (in brackets a small roast towards Ukraine just because)

1-:md: 12 (last top 10 finish: 2021)
2-:ge: 10 (last top 10 finish: 2020)
3-:gr: 10 (last top 10 finish: 2021)
4-:ua: 8 (last top 10 finish: 2014)
5-:rs: 7 (last top 10 finish: 2021)
6-:sm: 6 (last top 10 finish: 2021)
7-:ru: 6 (last top 10 finish: 2020)

*Georgia and San Marino had less attempts than Greece and Russia, so they're given an advantage

crashworld

Veteran
Let's hope this doesn't become the "Ireland" of SF2, where the tricks of the staging hamper the performance.

hijirio

Veteran
Some constructive criticism:

I'm worried about Greece. There were many glitches in the green screen in the jury show yesterday. To the extent that I was pretty sure they'd have to perform again, but that didn't happen. Out of 10 rehearsals, there were glitches in 7-8 of them. Some were mega failures like once Stefania's body was cut in half. I am seriously hoping that everything will be fine tonight, but I don't know why they went for such an over the top staging. It just looks cheap and unnecessary even though the song and her vocals are OUTSTANDING. I am assuming that this was the staging they had in mind for "Superg!rl xd" and they wanted to recycle it for this year, but it is just #off im sorry...
I really appreciate the effort, it seems they spent alot of money for that staging but they better ask for a #refund.

spinachpie

Some constructive criticism:

I'm worried about Greece. There were many glitches in the green screen in the jury show yesterday. To the extent that I was pretty sure they'd have to perform again, but that didn't happen. Out of 10 rehearsals, there were glitches in 7-8 of them. Some were mega failures like once Stefania's body was cut in half. I am seriously hoping that everything will be fine tonight, but I don't know why they went for such an over the top staging. It just looks cheap and unnecessary even though the song and her vocals are OUTSTANDING. I am assuming that this was the staging they had in mind for "Superg!rl xd" and they wanted to recycle it for this year, but it is just #off im sorry...
I really appreciate the effort, it seems they spent alot of money for that staging but they better ask for a #refund.

It's definitely not what I expected. Some of the ideas just make no sense, but it's kinda enjoyable.

I thought they would have done something akin to her jumping off the building, the dancers turning to a white glow like in the video etc.

Top Bottom