1 0.9%

1 0.9%

5 4.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Greece-scaled.jpg

aef

Just upgraded to :10:. I still like this a lot. I'm so glad :gr: finally brought something like this back!

njdevils94

Veteran
ERT would like Stefania to represent :gr: in 2021

Nicholas123

They don't mention Kontopoulos, perhaps it's a good sign! xmetal A NF wiith 4-5 songs, so that the Greek audience will have a say, would be ideal. xpray

Last edited:

stephanos13

Unless Stefania doesn't want to come back which is extremely unlikely. She will be the representative of Greece next year as well.

Yoozek

At least she has 12 months to write a proper song !

Please no more harry potter met charmed videos

Citelis

Well my guess is that she would be higher that all the recent entries but in order to give the best result in a decade she needed to be on top5 something that would be rather impossible!

DenizESC

Banned
Yes the video sucked but forget about that for a second as it is quite irrelevant for ESC and imagine it on stage. I think it would do amazing live tbh!

A year of maturing might do good for her also. I expect Greece to be even better in 2021.

NemesisNick

Greece - Stefania "SUPERG!RL”
The preview video (used in Eurovision Song Celebration 2020 Part Two) is clearly a promotional video, which features, amongst other scenes, a school and an exercise studio. I’m mystified as to the significance of those, but collectively they make a good video. As far as the song goes, this has a really catchy chorus, the filler music following each chorus is the style of Greek music which as featured in some past Greek Eurovision entries, e.g. “Aphrodisiac” in 2012, and the middle eight is good too. Stefania has a nice voice, and she sang well in the video. One can only guess how this would have looked or sounded on the Rotterdam Ahoy stage; presumably some of those who featured in the exercise studio part of the video may have done exercises, but to comply with the rules, even if Stefania had been singing alone, there could only have been a maximum of five people exercising. Altogether a lively, catchy song; just what is needed to open a semi-final. First grade rocks (or for the purposes of the classroom scene in the video, perhaps it should be twelfth grade rocks); this would almost certainly have qualified for the Grand Final, even though Cyprus would have been unable to vote for Greece (due to them being in the wrong semi-final). Put it this way, I’d have definitely wanted this to qualify.

tuorem

My review:

GREECE 2020 - Stefania - SUPERG!RL: "Superplastic"

Damn, Greece follows Georgia on the official CD! That transition was hard! :LOL: I wasn't ready.

Well, if I'm being honest, I don't know what to make of Greeks anymore. I feel like they got lost in the wildnerness for ages now, the ethno formula they used to be successful with got worn out and since then it's like they didn't have much to send (or didn't know what to send), which is sad because I believe it's partly due to their team and their narrow-mindedness. Initiating a change would imply getting rid of Kontopoulos that manages to place his antiquated demos here and there.

With him on board again in 2020 and that exclamation mark in the song title, I mean... it would have taken a real supergirl to save this project.

The song is - as usual with Kontopoulos - very plastic, clichéd, Eurovision-y and devoid of interest from a musical perspective imho. I won't go into detail but it's an average pop song with a musical drop that's a few years late, a sort of budget version of "She Got Me" with a poor hook "I'm a super supergirl oh na na" :rolleyes: ok... It's not bad per se for what it is, it's just that everyday ten songs like that one come out, it sounds like nothing, and eventually I wonder what it tries to achieve. I won't blame Stefania for seizing this opportunity, but I can't say she elevates the song either, maybe the fact she allegedly doesn't like the song herself played a part in the delivery. To sum up, I don't enjoy that song and find no reason to come back to it. Fast-food, here we go! I had a meal at McDonald's yesterday and it still was tastier than this. Oh the irony!

Prediction-wise, I cannot say since I have my doubts about Stefania's ability to sell the song. But let's take a wild guess: it might have pulled another "This Is Love", borderline qualification and lower half of the scoreboard once in the final. Ideally, it should have got the same luck as "X My Heart", the second semi was not all about quality songs, but I could have lived without that song in the final.

It's cool to have a superg!rl, but it's better to have a supers0ng imo. And I see none of that here. I genuinely wish Greeks could let Kontopoulos go and experiment, stop thinking your song must sound Eurovision-y and send something more exciting. Even no-names would do the trick if the song actually offers a true experience, maybe it'll lead them to a new successful direction. It's not like they have much to lose results-wise anyway. Fingers crossed.

Neo

Agree this is somewhat contrived and dated with dead parts, but the main riff really got me and this was one of my initial favorites. I also like Stefania's voice and believe she would have done well on the night. Add to that the bonus points Greece gets from friends around the region (+ the girl power votes), I think it would have easily made the finals and even been in the top 15, maybe higher. :7:

ESC94

Agree this is somewhat contrived and dated with dead parts, but the main riff really got me and this was one of my initial favorites. I also like Stefania's voice and believe she would have done well on the night. Add to that the bonus points Greece gets from friends around the region (+ the girl power votes), I think it would have easily made the finals and even been in the top 15, maybe higher. :7:

Well, if that´s the case, then where have these "bonus points from friends" been in recent years, especially in 2019?? And no, the usual :12: from :cy: don´t count!!

And "girl power votes"?? Ask our "very successful" act from :de: last year about that. :lol:

Last edited:

Neo

Why don't those 12 points count?

About the abomination that was Sister's Sister, there's a obviously a limit to what will trigger loyalty to the cause, but would seem likely young girls getting their phones out for supergirl Stefania.

Milos-BC

Both of her songs are my guilty pleasures of 2020 and 2021 respectively. I really like her energy and the overall stage appearance. She is ought to shine this year.

7 points.

Top Bottom