2 1.2%

4 2.4%

1 0.6%

7 4.1%

• Total voters

Realest

Eletheria and Demy were underrated.

JohnyKaz

I really feel bad for Katerina Duska and the greek delegation. She tried here best and it is obvious that the whole team made great effort this year to achieve a solid result. It might not have worked very well in the end but it wasn't tragic either and I firmly believe that 21st place was really undeserved. The one thing that worries me now is that our broadcaster might give up any hope about Greece making comeback and either not participate next year or send a trashy pop song, hoping that it does well in the televoting. I really want neither of these to happen but I can't accept the fact that in the last 6 years we don't qualify or flop in the final no matter what we send.

musicfan

Possibly the best Greek entry since 1997, though that was a different era and a completely different kind of song.

JohnyKaz

I think they might offer it to Eleni, actually.

Yeah they could but I don't think so. That would seem a little desperate. Eleni had been rejected twice by ERT and now that we obviously need her I don't think they are going to propose to her to go to The Netherlands. Even if they did I don't think she would accept anyway. She has an amazing and successful career here in Greece.

Preuss

Having a quick look at it, Katerine didn't seem to be anywhere near the top ten of a lot of countries in televote
it's basically 20th or worse... xcry

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
A trashy pop song could be great. As long as its not along the lines of what Demy sung in 2017. Youd slay it with an ethno pop banger like Vasilssa or Ase Me from Eleni. It doesn't have to be her but your a country of amazing music and you have a lot of super hot summery pop hits. You literally lived of them in the 00s and early 10s and that's where your best results are.

musicfan

I found this far less trashy than other Greek efforts this century. The problem here was some of the staging/performance, no more than that. People also reference this as being 80s sounding and say she sounds at times like Annie Lennox. So like any of the best pop music it stands outside of its time as well as in it. The studio version will last imo.

VikingTiger

I think Greece and Armenia suffered from the same; both had great female singers with a big fan-support just because of their vocals abilities. But both Walking Out and Better Love are songs that need more than just one listen to get people voting for them. I can picture people back home thinking and discussing; "wow, great voice - But the song? I dont know..."... And when it comes to the voting both songs were rather forgotten.
Sbruk starting her semi and all alone on stage did not help. I dont thing Katerine's very busy performance helped either.

musicfan

I think Greece and Armenia suffered from the same; both had great female singers with a big fan-support just because of their vocals abilities. But both Walking Out and Better Love are songs that need more than just one listen to get people voting for them. I can picture people back home thinking and discussing; "wow, great voice - But the song? I dont know..."... And when it comes to the voting both songs were rather forgotten.
Sbruk starting her semi and all alone on stage did not help. I dont thing Katerine's very busy performance helped either.

The Sbruk song was alright but I didn't think it carried the same amount of interest, if may have depended more on performance and staging. I just felt there was more content and power to this song, it's a big melodic song, like an 80s anthem. More of a simple power to the performance and staging well executed could have helped it just like it did the winner. While many listening at first concentrated on the vocal I think they could miss the power of the arrangement and composition.

Milos-BC

Didn't expect an outcome like this despite the fact that it obviously didn't have the energy from the studio version. Sadly, it didn't translate well to a big stage.

Nonetheless, I still enjoy it and I will keep playing it.

Realest

Most last Places (10x) together with :uk:. There was a Time when this was supposed to be the Semifinal-Winner.

D8D-FiAXsAEwKCP.jpg

Preuss

Not sure what went wrong? :?
Sure the staging was perhaps a bit messy but I think she deserved better

Kruto

Is this jury and televote combined? I remember that the dutch commentators were extremely negative about her vocals and the performance.

Realest

Average 21.0

D8JVXLEXoAAM7oz.jpg:large

spinachpie

I was trying to warn some people but no one was listening. :?

Including yourself...

"In the 1st half it won't be easy to go higher than 15th but after all i think that this is going to be a succesful year."

Citelis

Including yourself...

"In the 1st half it won't be easy to go higher than 15th but after all i think that this is going to be a succesful year."

We qualified! :lol: I was never considering us as sure qualifiers so the qualification is a small sucess itself imo.

The part of predictions i was totally wrong is that televoting hated the song way more than i expected but juries voted for it more than i expected. However i was among the few Greek fans that never expected top 10, sf wins and other impossible things to happen.

Top Bottom