18 8.7%

18 8.7%

13 6.3%

15 7.3%

37 18.0%

• Total voters

Nicholas123

No offence. You were the greatest example of biased jury to mention

The :bg: one, not giving points to the favorites was less biased and thus, not being worth mentioned to you i guess... Hm, ok :? :D

Anyway, i understand why some ppl may be bothered by this but in the end it is just two countries, not an entire block and it bears not that much importance to the actual result. :lol:

EvNickGR

[MENTION=13224]blue00eyes[/MENTION] Of course because we are 2 small countries, but Europeans don't talk when EVERY year Finland, Denmark, Estonia, Iceland give to Sweden or vice varsa, or when Sweden gives to Australia, or when Turkey was giving to Azerbaijan [MENTION=13974]DenizESC[/MENTION]. :rolleyes: x0s Some people are so hypocrites...

DenizESC

Banned
[MENTION=5662]EvNickGR[/MENTION] how am I being a hypocrite? I never said I supported any of that... If Turkey took part and gave 12 (99.99%) to Azerbaijan I would have posted the same thing in that thread.

It is certainly a problem though! And saying 'oh but we but we are not the only ones' doesnt justify that it is indeed a very unfair way to vote.

evija87

Demy was great tonight! I don't care for the position, I am proud for HER even with 19 position! xhug

I am MAD at people who booing us for the Greek/Cypriot 12 points! Why ONLY us? Denmark - Finland - Sweden, Romania - Moldova ?? This is ridiculous.

I can only quote "What is Eurovision/Story of ESC" (2016)

"[Petra]: Getting votes from your neighbours is a sure way to get your song disgraced
[Måns]: But when Sweden gets 12 points from Norway, it's clearly just good taste!"
:D

Yeah you guys get picked on that the most while other countries do it as well and don't get half of the boo Greece and Cyprus get. You're just too consistent in that I guess, hardly any expections.
Coming back to Demy, while I wasn't an enthusiast of the song, I think her performance in the final was really good. Quite good slot also helped for example getting ahead of Israel. Anyway three most schlager-isch songs I guess, all ended on the right side of the scoreboard and that surprised me

EvNickGR

[MENTION=5662]EvNickGR[/MENTION] how am I being a hypocrite? I never said I supported any of that... If Turkey took part and gave 12 (99.99%) to Azerbaijan I would have posted the same thing in that thread.

It is certainly a problem though! And saying 'oh but we but we are not the only ones' doesnt justify that it is indeed a very unfair way to vote.

Yes it's a problem! I'm mad because they booed us the most, and not the other countries they did the same thing. These people I call hypocrites.

blue00eyes

The loudest booo for the biggest points exchange. Simple.

And that guy next to Demy when you received 12 from Cyprus was like
lA5iARu.gif

Seriously xD

EvNickGR

^We don't care anymore. :mrgreen:

When the Scandinavians, the Baltic countries and the former Soviet ones exchange 10-12 points, they are interwoven with each other ... we are talking about so much hypocrisy ...

Nicholas123

Strategic voting is a different thing but yes, it's as bad as what you do with Cyprus :p

Honey, no voting system is perfect and we all have to deal with it :( Juries can be bribed, biased etc, televoting can be distorted by friendly/neighbouring/diaspora votes and i am sure you know the latter is occasionally beneficial for countries like :gr: and :pl: There is no reason to deny it. I am sure you cheered last year though, when Michal was 3rd in the televoting, didn't you? ;) You did not think that it was unfair cause a certain amount of points came from Poles living all across Europe., who voted for "their own" and not for the song itself.

I don't say that this exchange of 12s is fair or anything, but it is what it is. It happened with :az: and :tr: in the past, it's also happening with the Nordic and ex-Soviet blocks

And sometimes things can be more fair. For example last year the Cypriot jury gave Argo :3: points in the semi. Had we qualified, it could have been translated into a :0: in the final. People however, will only remember this year's :12: xshrug

That's all from me. I am not gonna argue with anyone else on this. The hot topics about :cy: - :gr: and diaspora votes are really exhausting me! :lol: Have a nice evening xrose

mgru

Poland and diaspora :lol: come on. So what happened this year? :lol: Where did magical diaspora go? hmmmmmm

DenizESC

Banned
Poland and diaspora :lol: come on. So what happened this year? :lol: Where did magical diaspora go? hmmmmmm

This is a stupid argument. Poland diaspora is real and it doesnt mean you get a guaranteed top 10 placement each year no matter the song. F.e. Turkish diaspora was huge in Western-Europe just like Polish now but still 2011 didnt happen. Diaspora doesn't mean automatic top 10 however the chances are indeed higher especially if the song can stand out a bit as well.

mgru

Dude, the diaspora alone can't do 3rd televote place. Just can't :lol:

It's annoying how when it's high - oh its just diaspora.
When low - yeah yeah diaspora too :D WTF

For Poland it's a success if its not in last 5...

blue00eyes

Dear [MENTION=12033]Nicholas123[/MENTION],
I know we can't do anything about unfair televoting, but I talk about juries. Jury was introduced to Eurovision to vote fair but it doesn't work, Greece and Cyprus are just one example.

I am exhausted of discussing about massive magical Polish diaspora hidden in every European country because it simply never existed, Kasia scored 40 points tonight from televote.

Thank you and have a good night too :)

blue00eyes

That came from a Turkish. Leave him :D

DenizESC

Banned

I dont think you really get what I'm saying. Diaspora will always be there no matter the result. There is certainly a Polish diaspora and no I never said that's the reason they were 3rd because thats simply untrue, however it will surely bring them some extra points in the end. So I agree with my Greek fellas here. Voting system will probably never be 100% fair no matter what we do but these days Jury does seem way more biased then televotes so I hope we can get rid of them.

Nicholas123

Dear [MENTION=12033]Nicholas123[/MENTION],
I know we can't do anything about unfair televoting, but I talk about juries. Jury was introduced to Eurovision to vote fair but it doesn't work, Greece and Cyprus are just one example.

I am exhausted of discussing about massive magical Polish diaspora hidden in every European country because it simply never existed, Kasia scored 40 points tonight from televote.

Thank you and have a good night too :)

We agree on that. Juries are supposed to vote in an unbiased and professional way. But it does not always happen. (see what i wrote above about bribing etc)

Also, i never said that Michal's reult was achieved by diaspora votes only. But i think it helped him a bit. :gr: has had some extremely poor televoting results the last 4 years. Does that mean that the :gr: diaspora mysteriously vanished? I don't think so. :lol:

Ok, this time, i really say goodnight to you, it was nice having this conversation. xkiss

Top Bottom