• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
GREECE.png

Greece.jpg

GRE

Re: GREECE 2017

The financial situation in Greece is not good at all,
so i think next year it's likely that we will withdraw.

joancamo

After this years NQ plus the financial problems in the country I think also :gr: will withdraw

Mii11

After this years NQ plus the financial problems in the country I think also :gr: will withdraw

Preach :) I agree with you about :md: :gr: and :ba:. Sadly, I don;t think we will see them for a very long time :(

Citelis

Yeah the financial situation is the worst in Europe and after the NQ this year i think next year withdrawing is more likely than ever.

Jacketh

How much does sending the delegation and Eurovision cost to enter?

It'd be such a shame. :(

Nicholas123

The financial situation in Greece is not good at all,
so i think next year it's likely that we will withdraw.

Oh honey xrunhug :lol:

No need to overreact people...Εvery discussion about the greek participation next year seems premature. :gr: is still in a major financial crisis but it's not like our national broadcaster-which, btw is funded by our taxes on a monthly basis-cannot support an entry with a limited budget.
What could probably jeopardize our participation next year is more the snobbish attitude of ERT's President towards the contest, rather than our bad finacnes. But, having read early in the morning the official statement/answer of ERT's CEO, Mr. Tagmatarhis, to the greek media's criticism about our flop with Argo, i highly doubt that they are willing to withdraw xhmmm

You write this every year.

It's like a tradition! :D

ESCREGION

My opinion is that greece won't withdraw. But next year for me it's necessary to be held a national final ..Because this year without a national final greece was a mess!!!

Greekboy

There is a strong rumor that Demy will be selected internally with a song by Dimitris Kontopoulos and choreography by Fokas Evagelinos.

A bit of background: In the past Demy has said she was not ready for Eurovision. Dimitris Kontopoulos has said he believes Demy could win. This year with the popularity of Russia's act, Dimitris Kontopoulos was asked by Greek media why he and Fokas Evagelinos don't participate with Greece again. His response was that ERT has never asked them since 2009 with Sakis Rouvas. The Greek media ate this up, asking why ERT has not reached out to the "dream team".

Now it being reported that ERT plans to take Eurovision more serious next year after this year's fiasco, with the project being passed onto a different executive. (Since Greece did not pass to the final, the final viewership was way down and they lost advertising revenue.) The rumor is that following the comments of D. Kontopoulos and the Greek media, ERT listened. They have unofficially started discussions with the team, who wish to put up a popular Greek singer. The front runner? Demy of course. They are supposedly reaching out to sponsors and the label to try and find a way to cover the costs.

After these rumors surfaced, Demy was asked if they are true. She said there have been unofficial discussions taking place and that she feels she is now ready for Eurovision, if the right team is present. They also asked if the song would be in Greek or English. She said a mix of both.

Now if only ERT would confirm that they will even take part next year. :lol:

Greekboy

Demy in a duet with Poli Genova of "If Love Was a Crime" at this year's MAD Video Music Awards.

JimmyJump

Send something in Greek pls. Your music is awesome, i love your entries in 2010 and 2011

John1

I utterly hate Demy's voice, she sounds like a dead cat, because of her squeaky voice. :?
Even though her songs are pretty good imo, I don't understand the hype all around her.

This singer won't save :gr: from being doomed not to well in the grand final, in case of sailing through the semi-finals.

Top Bottom