23 11.0%

14 6.7%

17 8.1%

10 4.8%

7 3.3%

26 12.4%

• Total voters

conmar

It seems that Europe is only fine when Norway gave 12 to Sweden, Iceland 12 to Norway, Sweden 12 to Denmark etc etc etc. Balcan block is destroyed, Greece-Cypriot too, but only Scandnavian block is more alive than ever (and Azerbaijan is still buying votes lool)

SO SO SO VERY TRUE!!!! ....No boo-ing there..How convenient indeed!

Milos-BC

One of the rare songs that managed to give me the chills this year. I loved it from the start. And her performance was so touching and full of emotions. It's one of the most underrated songs this year.

I really hope that next year all Balkan countries will exchange highest votes among themselves

That is indeed hypocrisy at its best.

GRE

This is the song that Tamta had for the NF, before she withdraw.

CPV4931

Actually it would have been my favorite :-)

EvNickGR

I like Tamta's song, it could be at Melodifestival, even if the song is difficult to sing live!

GRE

She gave a very emotional performance but it was not enough.
Let's hope that Greece will be back with interesting entries like 2011 & 2013.

DoctorX

This song grew on me a lot during the live shows tbh. I think Maria Elena is a great performer and deserved at least to be on the left side of the scoreboard. Even though i didn't like the last years entry I like the idea that Greece has been sending different and less traditional genres to the contest, shakey shakey kinda songs are too 00s IMO. Hope to see another powerful balad or sth more alternative next year. :rolleyes:

tuorem

Time for me to review the Greek entry this year :D

Maria Elena Kyriakou - One Last Breath

Song: It's been a long time since Greece didn't send an actual ballad to Eurovision, and gosh that is a shame because this one is great imo! First, I'd like to say that there are some people on the forum that said Eurovision should be about current music only, and traditional music isn't relevant anymore because it's not what most people listen to in real life... however, the same people complained about Greece sending generic music this year because it sounds nothing like Greece... :? Ok, so Greece should send songs like "OPA!" and "Alcohol Is Free" forever (because Greek don't have modern music :rolleyes:) but it's not ok for other countries to show their culture... Double standards! Anyway, I didn't know what to expect about this entry and I started fearing it'd be bad because of the comments I read here and there... but no, when I listened to it for the first time during the semi, I just got into it instantly. The beginning do remind me a little bit of Rise Like A Phoenix due to the grandiloquent arrangements. However, the melody and the structure of the whole are nothing like it. Overall, it's not a super original song, but the feelings I have when listening to it make it one of the best entries this year. To me, it's certainly not formulaic like "One Million Voices" and "In The Name Of Love" for instance, and I appreciate that. I love dramatic songs when they're credible, this one is. I enjoy the build up a lot towards the end of the song.

Voice: nothing to say about Maria Elena. I find her voice soothing, yet powerful and she puts a lot of emotions into it, it's like she's on the verge of crying during the whole song, I like it. In addition to that, her performances were perfect, she truly did her best, that gave me chills tbh.

Staging: it was simple and effective with the blue lights in the background and some wind machine in the front (even if the latter was rather unnecessary imo). This year, I really like that stagings are not distracting from the songs.

Outcome: I expected this low final placing tbh because it's not what people want to hear from Greece. They want uptempo songs with that traditional instrument that's basically in every previous Greek entry :lol: and that's sad because, although I respect Greek culture, I'm sure they could send different things from time to time, yet they seem doomed to send that particular sort of song to do well. So I expected this 19th place but I don't agree with it. The song, the performance was Worth much much more than that. In my personal ranking, Greece is my 6th favourite xheart the best Greek placing ever for me. So thank you Greece for this great song, I love it. :)

anto475

The more and more I listen to this song, the more I wonder how it placed so poorly. It's so complex and layered and magnificent, and yet it didn't do well at all for a Greek entry. The staging was magnificent, the song is just stellar, I mean the buildup to the massive orgy of sound and instruments and passion and anger at the end UGHGH

Realest

Ezio

Veteran
I didnt think much of the song before the ESC, but it turned out that I watched the video of the live performance the most

I am stunned by this amazing performance. It was the best stage concept of the year and really breath taking!

Ezio

Veteran
Still binging on that song

ESC94

Well, after their formula of ethnic orented pop stopped working :gr: decided to enter the very classic way and sending a ballad. Maria Elena Kyriakou has a good voice and she nailed all her performances with the right amount of emotion, but the song was just dated average in my eyes with a heavy resemblance to "Rise Like a Phoenix" in the end. In a year of many ballads and quiet songs this just didn´t stood out enough for me since I already forgot the song a few minutes later and when I see that it only finished 19th most people in Europe felt the same.

I gave this song :5:, it wasn´t bad but just too much middle of the road for me to give it higher points.

Top Bottom