18 6.3%

16 5.6%

18 6.3%

19 6.6%

11 3.8%

85 29.7%

• Total voters

deese

you won the 1st semi because you were better in it, we won the final because we were better in it. that explains all.

Next year I expect one more wonderful song from you.

EvNickGR

you won the 1st semi because you were better in it, we won the final because we were better in it. that explains all.

Next year I expect one more wonderful song from you.

It's true my friend! Your song was one of the best, and you won! no one complained ;)

sharkboy

Although i'm not ...EvNickGR here is the translation
First comes the greek and then the translation in engish, phrase by phrase...

Την έχει η ψυχή μου τη φωτιά
My soul has the fire
Τους φόβους όλους καίει μοναδικά
It burns all fears in a unique way
Τα βήματά μου κάνω ως τον Θεό
Ι step towards to God
Kι αν πέσω εγώ ξανά θα σηκωθώ
And even i fall, i'll stand up again

Thank you very much, sweet_passion. Beautiful lyrics for a beautiful song. I'm so happy Ro gave you at least 8 points even though you deserved 12. Moldova received them because we are neighbours, not because they had the best song.

ethn

oh gosh !!!i m SOOOOO enjoying it reading those passionate -hate- comments from some eurofans that simply cant stand our rankings....loving it :) obsession is always funny :)

Madalina

Yeah ethn,I agree on that,its too funny too see people complaining about the placements of the songs they dont like,saying they placed too high and crap...like,people Europe voted,political or not if they placed high it is well deserved.
Congrats Greece for all the show...8 points from Romania yay

ethn

Yeah ethn,I agree on that,its too funny too see people complaining about the placements of the songs they dont like,saying they placed too high and crap...like,people Europe voted,political or not if they placed high it is well deserved.
Congrats Greece for all the show...8 points from Romania yay

dear madalina, to be honest with u ,what i wrote abv ,is something that might bother me to read on a thread...dont like it when i see such comments..BUT it is really getting on my nerves seeing all the time,for years now,some people trying to convince everybody that the only reason greece is doing well at the contest is because of allies...jesus christ,we re talking abt greece!!!

what they dont understand is that the type of music of greek songs is pleasant to certaain countries such as bulgaria or romania or albania,but is this something that we should be accused of...???dont get it!!!and dont get all the criticism we rcv every year :? the last few years,there were comments ALL THE TIME that greece plays it safe and sends all the time ethnik-up tempo-copy paste songs,thats why does well!this year,we sent a TOTALLY different song,which was described as crap fom many people here (i fully accept someone saying I HATE a song,calling it crap is something i never use and i never like to see used...anyway) My argument is NOT why some or many people didint like it,everyone is entitledtolike or dont like whatever he wants!but AFTER RESULTS still trying to convince people that what we sent was crap and BY ACCIDENT it ended up 7th, this NO,I cant accept

btw,thnx YR support and romania s 8 pts!! :)

p.s. still remember that pretty girl announcing yr national reults,sending a kiss to Sakis and the 12 pts...............)...and 12pts ...(kiss) SAKIS

Madalina

Well you know there are only few people on the forum..we cant say from here how a song will be received by the public,there are millions of people who watch Eurovision,people shouldnt be that rude,we really can say our opinion without making some people feel bad.This year between my favourites there was the swedish song too,but rarely wrote in that thread cause most of the people were making fun on it,i as like ok i suppose i will just vote for him and thats it..and now what?he was on 3rd place even if a few keep saying his song was crap.
That is really like saying:I have taste in music and most of the Europe who like a song I dont and voted for it are crap..not nice at all.
I also saw many silly reactions about the greek song and in the end you were higher than many who were considered masterpieces.
I respect everyone in that show..they all did a great job,Europe voted and the places are well deserved for all!

ethn

Well you know there are only few people on the forum..we cant say from here how a song will be received by the public,there are millions of people who watch Eurovision,people shouldnt be that rude,we really can say our opinion without making some people feel bad.This year between my favourites there was the swedish song too,but rarely wrote in that thread cause most of the people were making fun on it,i as like ok i suppose i will just vote for him and thats it..and now what?he was on 3rd place even if a few keep saying his song was crap.
That is really like saying:I have taste in music and most of the Europe who like a song I dont and voted for it are crap..not nice at all.
I also saw many silly reactions about the greek song and in the end you were higher than many who were considered masterpieces.
I respect everyone in that show..they all did a great job,Europe voted and the places are well deserved for all!

WELL SAID!!!

sweet_passion

I'm thrilled with the result... I think Greece's 7th place was a slap to the chicks of all the "eurovision fans" who view the contest only by their own perspective, but they are unable to be more objective and less arrogant and admit that even if a song is different from what they are used to listen, does not mean that it is crap...

This came 7th?!? Oh dear Europe :(
Be careful not to bite ur lips... Ur lipstick may be removed (and of course u might get poisoned too...)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Nice job, Greece. It's strange, I was one of the few individuals who actually supported this song prior to the contest but was not too impressed with the live performance on Saturday. But i predicted an 8th place so I was pretty damn close. I'm glad Greece took a risk this year and it paid off.

Grinch

artdeco

As ever....great performance by Greece.

Great lyrics, fabulous staging and a magnificent performance by Loukas!

Milos-BC

Deserved result for Greece. I was a bit skeptic on how will the song be received by the general audience, but thanks to the awesome stage presentation everything went more than well. Hope to see a great entry from you next year as well :D

Magizian

I'm sorry to say it, but Stereo Mike completely ruined the song for me. Big fat 0.

The song without Stereo Mike = 7.

artdeco

So Greece won it's semi-final. Not at all unexpected but well done to the Greek team and the fabulous performance and consistency of Loukas over the whole Eurovision experience!

whatdoyouwant

You're sick of people complaning? Well, that's simply people's opinion. But that doesn't have anything that its Greece in particular. I just think that the song was highly overrated in the final, just like Ukraine. Matter of perosnal taste.

Top Bottom