greece-flag.gif

25277577.jpg

Performed by: Loukas Yorkas feat. Stereo Mike
Lyrics by: Eleana Vrahali
Composed by: Giannis Christodoulopoulos
Language: English

Sim

Re: ?????? - Greece 2011

I don't think Katerine will come back out. I think she said that in a belgian newspaper.

paddyirl

I assume Greece will be withdrawing no? I don't want EU money going to the state broadcaster to pay for a Eurovision entry when the country has 101 problems to deal with.

AlekS

Veteran

****times article:
One of the most discussed countries this year worldwide is Greece, due to the economic chaos taking plae the past few months. One aspect of the extremely negative situation over there is what thce state television decides to do. ERT already cut the budget of the Greek entry this year by 50% allowing only 600,000 Euros to be spent on Giorgos Alkaios and the Greek participation.

In a press conference the new ERT President said that the national broadcaster is heading to a new road more cultural and with no attention to big and expensive events. There is no official decision on how Eurovision will be handled from 2011 and on, but the Greek government is advising the new ERT team to think seriously a possible withdrawal from the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest edition.

Milos-BC

I hope they won't withdraw, but this is a very sensitive question, and hopefully will be resolved :(

Sim

I also hope they will stay, but ok they have problems, you never know ;)

alca

I don't mind if we withdraw. I don't care about Greece since Helena won once and imo noone else can do this :cool: :cool: . I just hope they broadcast it! That's all I care about! ;)

EvNickGR

^tstststs

I don't think that we will withdraw guys, these are rumors. ERT will stay because th?s event is profitable and they take money back , with advertisments etc...Eurovision is one of the two programms (the other is Football :lol: ) that has the most high ratings! :cool:

ESCfan

paddyirl said:
I assume Greece will be withdrawing no? I don't want EU money going to the state broadcaster to pay for a Eurovision entry when the country has 101 problems to deal with.

Wow...you are so pathetic...it's not only greek's problem,don't you see what's going on globally???!!!let's continue talking only about music here!

A-lister

Veteran

Looking at viewing numbers I doubt they will withdraw... this contest is just too popular there...

No matter what they'll send they will qualify anyhow lol...

I wish though for one of those modern laika divas... Elli or Despina would be amazing but I doubt it would happen right?

Deltage

I guess I should start paying more attention to Greek music since I've liked almost every Greek entry this decade, but yet my only contact with Greek music is ESC.

Top Bottom