12 8.3%

11 7.6%

17 11.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Bmbriga

Germans, UK and Ireland have more replies than you! What's going on? How are you allowing that?

Loindici

Veteran
The live performance of "Frozen Silence" was terrible though.

I still cry sometimes over Lilly Among Clouds, such a missed opportunity , instead we got two unlikable talent show tourists sining a bland fill track with a message that was already old the year after Netta. xfacepalm

And we though they're real SISTERS!

Loindici

Veteran
I hope that Trong comes back but with a better song. He is really talented and I would like to see him represent Germany at some point.

I will support this with my full heart. He's proven how a good of a performer he is!

simori95

Scorpions?
That’s basically impossible I would say, and I am also not sure if they would actually do well.

But any better known artists are probably illusionary at the moment.

I have been browsing Spotify for semi-established acts who might be promising for over a week now but there is little to nothing that excited me (in a Eurovision context, I am not saying we don’t have good music) so far.

That proves to me that NDR has to start looking for Artists NOW! And the period in which Acts can apply has to be looong, otherwise we are quite unlikely to find a lot of good and hopefully a few excellent songs for the NF.

crashworld

Veteran
Actually, I am hoping Germany will just do a throwaway pop number. They struck gold with "Violent Thing" (until the inevitable happened).

lasse braun

german second chance contest is rolling now at esc-kompakt - already 40 "popes" have got their most wanted song for the game in the first round (lasse is king of the rumba).
now the second round has started where everybody must post a top10 list with a ranking there.
next step will be a big tombola and the random decides which song goes to... and then the real game starts with 3 or 4 acts duel first rounds...
this game is a very long one and mother language german should be a factor for active participation.
where is mauve?
is he in now in "holidays" after some ESC-final frustations?
it is a very nice game and helps to heal some "wounds".
have fun!
xqueenbitch

Realest

So many dreams here that will get destroyed next year...

Franzilein

I just looked up who he is and found out he won the alternative ESC that Germany hosted back in 2020. So it seems like he should open to doing ESC.

Highly unlikely, considering he recently stated there is more to lose than to gain from participating at the ESC which seems to be a general consensus among many of our bigger musicians. But maybe as a song-writer. My biggest take-away from this year's ESC is that in the end, it all comes down to the song. I loved LOTL's staging and performance and my initial thought was "yes, song ain't the strongest, but the band itself will make up for it". Welp, apparently not :lol:

So maybe if we get great song-writers like Nico Santos or Michelle Leonard (who wrote Aly Ryan's Wear Your Love e.g.) or heck, even Michael Schulte, on board (again) and find a fitting and talented singer for it, perhaaaaaps the package might work out somehow.

Coping real hard here however haha, and if we're predestined to be last, I'd rather go down with a bang like this year than with all these "save" pop-songs as in the past.

ESC94

Highly unlikely, considering he recently stated there is more to lose than to gain from participating at the ESC which seems to be a general consensus among many of our bigger musicians. But maybe as a song-writer. My biggest take-away from this year's ESC is that in the end, it all comes down to the song. I loved LOTL's staging and performance and my initial thought was "yes, song ain't the strongest, but the band itself will make up for it". Welp, apparently not :lol:

So maybe if we get great song-writers like Nico Santos or Michelle Leonard (who wrote Aly Ryan's Wear Your Love e.g.) or heck, even Michael Schulte, on board (again) and find a fitting and talented singer for it, perhaaaaaps the package might work out somehow.

Coping real hard here however haha, and if we're predestined to be last, I'd rather go down with a bang like this year than with all these "save" pop-songs as in the past.

I also think there´re more musicians than we might think who simply don´t like ESC and still view it as a pure trash festival and therefore don´t wanna be associated with. :(

Regarding Nico Santos: His songs aren´t bad while on the radio, but I don´t think he´s the best live singer, he always sounds kinda "out of breath", don´t know how to describe it. xthink

crashworld

Veteran
Highly unlikely, considering he recently stated there is more to lose than to gain from participating at the ESC which seems to be a general consensus among many of our bigger musicians.

LOL! So he thinks it was OK to participate in a rip-off ESC contest than the actual contest itself. Interesting. It's really funny that the German artists have the same mentality as those from the UK. Wonder if the last places/bottom 5 results all these years have scared off these artists.

Sorry to detract here abit, with that kind of mentality, I have so much more respect for the Italian artists who have no qualms participating in ESC despite winning San Remo (which is one of the most prestigious music festivals globally) and them being very much established artists in their own country/regionally/globally. And ESC isn't rated much in Italy itself. The same applies to any artist who is big in their home country/regionally/globally and still agrees to participate in ESC.

Chalphon

That’s basically impossible I would say, and I am also not sure if they would actually do well.

But any better known artists are probably illusionary at the moment.

I have been browsing Spotify for semi-established acts who might be promising for over a week now but there is little to nothing that excited me (in a Eurovision context, I am not saying we don’t have good music) so far.

That proves to me that NDR has to start looking for Artists NOW! And the period in which Acts can apply has to be looong, otherwise we are quite unlikely to find a lot of good and hopefully a few excellent songs for the NF.

Modern Talking?
Alphaville?
Blümchen?
Ramstein?
Nina Hagen?
Snap!?
Culture Beat?
Fool's Garden?

Top Bottom