6 2.9%

8 3.8%

20 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Laepo1

I think the worst of the Big 5 countries should be relegated to the semifinals. And if the country doesn't go to the Finals, then they would stay in the semis until they qualify and beat another Big 5 country.

But they can refuse to pay EBU every year they spend in the semi-finals.

PolarFoxxie.

One of the Eskimo callboy band members posted this insta story. Nope, no, klares NEIN to Eskimo. We have enough homophobes and toxic masculinity outside of Eurovision. The last thing we need is them. No, nope, no. They better not. It's best for everyone. Eurofans can be so toxic. And they can do whatever they want. I don't care. Just don't want them at Eurovision. I am happy with everyone else except Xavier Naidoo and Eskimo.

:cautious::rolleyes:xscared

Last edited:

HarryUK

Veteran
I think the worst of the Big 5 countries should be relegated to the semifinals. And if the country doesn't go to the Finals, then they would stay in the semis until they qualify and beat another Big 5 country.
If you think the Big 5 would continue to financially bank roll Eurovision with that condition, you can enjoy Eurovision in a muddy field every year

Ezio

Veteran
Yeah, I remember I did so back then in 1996

PolarFoxxie.

Ohhh hell no! Also, Why am i not Investigation Journalist. I am really good at this. Nope, no, Nein. Don't want them anywhere near Eurovision.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Ohhh hell no! Also, Why am i not Investigation Journalist. I am really good at this. Nope, no, Nein. Don't want them anywhere near Eurovision.

I'm not sure I follow your last few posts but I don't see what the issue is - genuinely not understanding your angle?

PolarFoxxie.

@Sean I'm pretty sure you've already heard abt Eskimo callboy or whatever they call themselves nowadays and you know a lot Abt them and what the issue with them is and controversies surrounding their band are so i don't need to repeat myself. Maybe even escunited covered news Abt them so don't need to go into details. But i would gladly explain to you if you tell me what part of my post is confusing you.

Eurovision and LGBT is throughout the decades connected with each other like a thread and a needle. And for me whenever someone controversial goes to Eurovision, i have an issue with that. Like that is who broadcasters out of all artists decide to represent the folk. Someone with such a bad reputation.

And there is homophobia every day in every country in this world. Even in the most advanced western countries there is still every day homophobia regardless of official laws and that's reality. So at least Eurovision could be spared of it. Is that too much I am asking for. like Church choirs, concert's Great, but Eurovision, no. Question is why did they apply for Eurovision in the first place?

PS ok, i will say one more thing..
Eurovision 2022 Torino - the most hated Artist gay guy who happens to be flamboyant artist from Israel. What despicable things I've read ESC fans wrote about him. One example - Montaigne gave him 10 Points in 2nd semi, someone tweeted and compared that situation with 9/11.

WRS very beloved among fans, but past Eurovision alumnies tried to belittle his success accompanied with Casual homophobia. In Romania the headlines were homophobic and people were outrageous and said despicable things because of that same sex kiss and went way over the line (before second semifinal).

I am sure there at least 3 more stories just from this year, but i don't need to write a novel. Nobody likes novels. Besides, Eskimo callboy is not just about homophobia, it is much more complicated. I've made my point.

Last edited:

Sean

Admin
Staff member
I see from a quick search that they had some offensive lyrics in old (10+ years) songs that they have now rightfully changed and apologised for but surely that is down to the ignorance of youth rather than any currently held homophobic views? Not sure it's even the same band members?

PolarFoxxie.

Ok, i don't want to discuss too much about them, but i like healthy discussions. I am not sure if they have changed or completely deleted those songs and removed them from the internet. That is impossible, everyone downloaded them, shared them, lyrics could still be found out there fluctuating. The only known fact is that they changed their name from Eskimo to electric. Callboy remains the same. Shaun, you are native English speaker, you know well what callboy means in slang.

Of course, they apologised. That's the least thing they could do. But even that we don't know did they actually apologize. In 2021 century there are PR Manager Public Statements and apologies. Most of them are not written by those who did smth wrong. All the big names have publicist's and public speakers and the whole team who sits behind closed door writing apologies or just copy pasting apologies from previous artists.

Ignorance of youth? The reason doesn't actually matter. What is youth. 25? Because there are Olympic Champions who are 16, 17 or 18 years old so definition of youth isn't strong enough reasoning for me.

PS of topic, @Shaun i got a notification that one of mods deleted one of my Posts in Ukraine thread. It says We ran into some problems when I try to enter there. I don't know what exactly post was in question nor who deleted it. But can i get an 3xplination from you Shaun? This is really confusing. Is this a mistake? Abusive language? What post exactly of mine was abusive? Sorry for offtopic again. It says i am not allowed to comment in Ukraine thread. I really need explanation what post was abusive.

Last edited:

Kruto

I see from a quick search that they had some offensive lyrics in old (10+ years) songs that they have now rightfully changed and apologised for but surely that is down to the ignorance of youth rather than any currently held homophobic views? Not sure it's even the same band members?
sure as hell it wasn't Nico Sallach, he joined the band in 2020 after the old singer left.

Sammy

Veteran
I am overly confused about this discussion... They are homophobic because they post instagram stories of pride flags and kissing men? What?
comparing his posts with the infamous MalagaToledo ones, there are remarkable similarities: a desperate quest for alledged homophobia as an exclusive focus, a personal cruisade against one specific artist/group, aggressive language against any form of critic, a remarquable lack of logic, a neverending repetition of the same statements, self praising for litterally nothing, the use of parts of the national language of the thread in question and a couple of recurring grammar and spelling mistakes (like „jurry“). :mrgreen::mrgreen:

PS: The only thing I‘m waiting for is the „oh-I‘m-so-glad-you-all-talk-about-me-because-I‘m-so-important“-post. :lol:

Last edited:

simori95

I am not sure if anyone will care at this point but I had a dream about Madeline Juno about a month ago and it keeps haunting me. I dreamed Madeline Juno would win the ESC 2023 with a song called Melodie. I know it’s foolish, but it won’t let me go, so please let me share my thoughts and hear me out.

Madeline’s current album was her biggest (chart) success ever and she has grown a lot as an artist. Not just in the way she performed back in 2014 (in-ear issues ignored for the sake of what I am trying to say), but also in her maturity and capability to transport her emotions. I was live in the audience back in USFD in 2014 and I also saw one of her most recent concerts from her tour. I kept following her throughout these eight years as Like Lovers Do is one of my favorite songs of all time to this day and others of hers followed suit, most recently Neukölln, but also Grund Genug and Borderline.
Both as a songwriter, as well as being an artist, I really believe she gained the necessary experience and maturity to withstand the pressure of the Eurovision stage, but also managed to keep her magical essence that she already showed back then. Her other musical efforts throughout the years are all dear to me, but I feel like now is the time where she might truly shine on a pan-European (and I guess in Part also Eurasian (+Australian)) Stage, as she evolved into an artist that doesn’t only speak to teenagers anymore (imho).

I strongly believe Madeline Juno can be THE comeback for Germany at Eurovision and the dream I had supports me in this thought. That said, obviously dreams aren’t reliable and I am well aware of the … hesitation Madeline might still feel because of her involvement in the jury in 2014 and the scorn she partly received for her vocals in USFD. Given that Emily Roberts is a close friend and the debacle she had to live through this year (not saying it wasn’t partly Emily’s own fault), I can’t imagine Madeline to be super hyped about returning. But I really believe in her and it is my biggest Eurovision wish that she represents Germany next year.

Does anyone know if or how one could try to show as a fandom (if you agree with me that is) that we want her and that we would support her, should she give it a go? At least I have heard several people also still lamenting the fact that Madeline Juno hasn’t been the German act yet. Should you not share this opinion, just ignore me.

All that said, I agree that I sound a bit like a delusional, esoterical dipsh*t typing this. Feel free to ridicule me, but. Please consider if you might agree that she is a good choice.

Franzilein

I am not sure if anyone will care at this point but I had a dream about Madeline Juno about a month ago and it keeps haunting me. I dreamed Madeline Juno would win the ESC 2023 with a song called Melodie. I know it’s foolish, but it won’t let me go, so please let me share my thoughts and hear me out.

[...]

I actually share your love for Like Lovers Do, was my favourite song in the 2014 selection and I still listen to it from time to time, but the butchered live performance really didn’t do her any favours sadly.

That being said, I don’t think people would be against her participation. Isn’t she somewhat of a favourite in the ESC community? Sometimes I go down that rabbit hole on YouTube and she often appears in those random "Who should represent Germany at the ESC (Year X)" videos. Not really a fan of her newer work myself though to be honest.

Top Bottom