6 2.9%

8 3.8%

20 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

b4ld3r

I know I'm late to the party, but people feigning surprise over this doing poorly is leaving me puzzled. His outift was genuinely horrendous and the whole band looked like they were playing pretend rockers. Both the performance and camera work felt static and monotone, his choregraphy seemed to mainly consisted of doing that weird toilet-like squat.

I dislike both this song and Australia an equal amount, but when you compare their staging concepts it's clear why they are on opposite ends of the scoreboard.

ESC94

Sammy

Veteran
OMG! At the afterparties of a Rockband, there was sex and drugs. who would have thought THAT could happen, when the motto of rockmusic has been „sex drugs and rock n roll“ ever since rockmusic was born?

What do people expect to happen at a afterparty of a metalband? Playing „Uno“ and singing „kumbayah“?

Of course that doesn‘t take away the legal aspect (if it turned out to have one) but why on earth is anyone surprised about it?

Last edited:

Lona

OMG! At the afterparties of a Rockband, there was sex and drugs. who would have thought THAT could happen, when the motto of rockmusic has been „sex drugs and rock n roll“ ever since rockmusic was born?

What do people expect to happen at a afterparty of a metalband? Playing „Uno“ and singing „kumbayah“?

Of course that doesn‘t take away the legal aspect (if it turned out to have one) but why on earth is anyone surprised about it?

The numerous rapes are the problem. They put drugs secretly into young women's drinks, some minors among them, so that the lead singer could rape them while they were drugged out of their minds or even unconscious.

Willing groupies sleeping with singers is something everyone expected. People taking drugs willingly, too. But many obviously didn't think they would organize a massive amount of rapes. Especially their victims were not aware of this.

Sammy

Veteran
The numerous rapes are the problem. They put drugs secretly into young women's drinks, some minors among them, so that the lead singer could rape them while they were drugged out of their minds or even unconscious.

Willing groupies sleeping with singers is something everyone expected. People taking drugs willingly, too. But many obviously didn't think they would organize a massive amount of rapes. Especially their victims were not aware of this.
I didn‘t read about rapes so far, but as I already stated: my comment does not justify anything that has legal consequences (ie of course also rape, if a court finds that to have been the case)

What brought me to comment on this is the „surprise“ / „shock“ or whatever about the fact that these girls were „casted“ to have sex. That‘s something you have to expect with a rock group and was common practice. So I don’t get why people find this particular bit so scandalous. I don‘t approve such a behaviour but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Franzilein

I didn‘t read about rapes so far, but as I already stated: my comment does not justify anything that has legal consequences (ie of course also rape, if a court finds that to have been the case)

What brought me to comment on this is the „surprise“ / „shock“ or whatever about the fact that these girls were „casted“ to have sex. That‘s something you have to expect with a rock group and was common practice. So I don’t get why people find this particular bit so scandalous. I don‘t approve such a behaviour but it is what it is.

Some were aware what's happening at those "parties", but some – especially the youngest – who were approached at the concert by the organiser were clueless, and left as such. The casting manager in question, Alena Makeeva, did not tell them what was about to happen and sold it as a "normal" after-show party, even when asked about it. And this, along with women reporting of having memory issues and waking up with bruises on their bodies, is the real issue here. Doesn't seem like there was much consent involved, and some of Lindemann's poems really sound creepy and disgusting with all these allegations coming to light :sick:

I bims

Veteran
What brought me to comment on this is the „surprise“ / „shock“ or whatever about the fact that these girls were „casted“ to have sex.
Literally no one is shocked or surprised that a rockstar had sex with fans or that they take drugs. This is not an outcry by prude conservatives (those are actually defending him lol)

It's the "raping them while they are unconcious" scheme that people have an issue with.

simori95

A lot of the women and girls speaking out about this reported that they literally asked if it was anything sexual before they agreed to attend and they were told no so let‘s not go the route of „what did you expect“. And even if they hadn’t asked, abusing naive or ignorant people is still abuse.

Paco Roca

I think no one has said so far, LOTL played too much old fashioned Glam Rock and the track was harmless. It was obvious that "Cha Cha Cha" was going to blow it away. The only strength I felt came from the German fans happy to have a competitive song at least on paper and from the fandom hoping not to see it last again. I don't want to see everything black. For the public, Germany was not last and I appreciated the courage in choosing LOTL. It's a good place to restart and build on. I hope to hear singing in German next year.

Top Bottom