20 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

midnightsun

Veteran
She might.

I‘m honest: I hope there will be a super final with LOTL and Patty and one of them (preferably the Lord ;)) wins with a small margin. I want both to feel loved and I‘m sure many fans of both would cheer for the other.

Still thinking Ikke won’t win. You know if you believe in something so much, it will come true. :LOL:

That voting on Eurovisionworld is incredible. Lord and Patty so much ahead of everyone else. This is the outcome I wish for tonight.

Realest

Interesting Documentary about Ikke Hüftgold.

mauve

Veteran
People who say there's a superfinal : is it true and i missed something or what ?
Not a true superfinal. It is just that after rehearsals there are only two artists left that could win today: Either Ikke or LOTL. The other artists rather either disappointed with stagin (Miller, Patty) or the song is not strong enough (Trong, Church, ect). So it will be a showdown between two fan bases basically. Hopefully with the win for LOTL.

gigi_copp3

Not a true superfinal. It is just that after rehearsals there are only two artists left that could win today: Either Ikke or LOTL. The other artists rather either disappointed with stagin (Miller, Patty) or the song is not strong enough (Trong, Church, ect). So it will be a showdown between two fan bases basically. Hopefully with the win for LOTL.
yes. Hopefully, the fact that we have only one strong contender to Ikke will make almost all the "anything but Ikke" fans vote for them; a dispersion between multiple acts would have helped Ikke more.

12Pointsgoto.....

But is it mathematically even possible for someone who is last with the jury and 1st with the televote to win in a 50/50 system?

especially over someone like LOTL who will probs be 2nd with televote and top 4 with the jury?

Like it would be bizarre for that to happen even though the televote is by %.
It is mathematically possible since the televote is ratio based while the juries are not. The online/televoting system in most national finals is different from the actual contest, since in most national finals all points are put in a collective pool and then the points will be transferred into the same number of points that the juries give out in total, which means that theoretically you could get 100% of the points from the televote, while that is not possible with the juries. Poland was supposed to have this system this year, but they changed it last minute, which is why Jann didn't win. If Ikke can muster enough people to vote for them, his televote could be so disproportionate that the jury points won't even be relevant at all for the end result.

rasmuslights

Veteran
It is mathematically possible since the televote is ratio based while the juries are not. The online/televoting system in most national finals is different from the actual contest, since in most national finals all points are put in a collective pool and then the points will be transferred into the same number of points that the juries give out in total, which means that theoretically you could get 100% of the points from the televote, while that is not possible with the juries. Poland was supposed to have this system this year, but they changed it last minute, which is why Jann didn't win. If Ikke can muster enough people to vote for them, his televote could be so disproportionate that the jury points won't even be relevant at all for the end result.

hate that system tbh.

midnightsun

Veteran
People who say there's a superfinal : is it true and i missed something or what ?

In some years in the past our NF had several rounds until only two artists were left; the others were eliminated earlier that evening. Each round = new voting.
I was speculating we might have this again this year since there are two big favourites with a large fanbase but as of now I don’t think it will be like this tonight. Especially since there is an ESC-like voting system tonight; means giving out points from 1-12. The 5 and 7 points will be left out since we only have 8 contestants now. Which makes me wonder why they didn’t choose ten finalists in first place…

CC92

The fact that Voxxclub only had a couple less votes in the televote than Michael Schulte who went on to finish 4th. :ROFLMAO:
They were popular at the time and it was the only option in German. Such a pity the song wasn't any good.

Am so sad for Frida :(
Sad indeed. I don't understand though why they don't replace Alina with another singer or at least show a recorded video. It'd suck, but ditching an entry altogether during an ongoing voting process is even worse.

Noah95

LOTL's rehearsal photos look great imo And, knowing them, they'll surely deliver :) I think they got this :) (They better win considering that I'm planning to get up at 6 am on a Saturday to watch the NF xD (the time difference makes following the NFs really hard, so this will only be the 3rd one that I'll be following live and it's mainly because of LOTL))

Feeling so sorry for Frida, I wouldn't wish this upon any artist and I also quite liked their song. I hope Germany sends something in German soon (just not this year xD), I love the langauge.

I think this is a quite strong selection and I hope that, if Germany makes the right choice, it's going to be a turning point for the country at ESC :)

Thanks for the live stream link, Mauve :) I was just about to ask xD
what do you think about rumba? :D
Sorry it took so long to respond. It's not for me, unfortunately. Then again, these types of bops hardly ever are. I thought it could be potentially interesting based off the first few notes, but then it became too repetitive and even kind of annoying quickly. I also felt that the live performance needed much more energy. I don't hate it and it's definitely not the worst choice, she has a good voice, but I'm still going to be upset if she gets picked instead of Luke Black for a couple of reasons, some of which are not even explicitely about her song xD Anyway, if you'd like to talk about it, maybe we can continue in the Serbian thread. I just wanted to make sure you see my comment, so I responded here :)

Franzilein

I hope next time I open this forum I won't have to see Ikke or any of the mid-tempo pop songs (sent them often enough in the past, no?) as the thread title. Happy watching tonight everyone, may you crack the 130 (150? :eek:) pages, I happily read them all tomorrow :lol:

Grinch

Regardless of the result tonight, I reallly wanna say thank you :de: because of this great NF. There is not a single bad song (even ikke's song is fun, just not my taste). The songs are either amazing, good or ok.

My current ranking (I only watched LOTL music video, listened to others on Spotify):

Obsessed
:1: Blood and Glitter ❤️💛✨

Love so much
:2: Melodies of Hope
:3: Concrete Heart

Like a lot
:4: Misfit
:5: Hold On

It's ok but not my jam
:6: Once Upon A Dream
:7: Lied mit gutem Text
:8: Dare to Be Different