8 3.8%

20 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

mauve

Veteran
Chris Harms (lead singer of Lord Of The Lost) told ESCkompakt that they already applied last year but like Eskimo/Electric Callboy, they didn´t pass the "is that song radio-friendly" test conducted by NDR.

Oo - Burn, NDR, burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Didn't have time yet to listen to the podcast (will do it later), but I can't believe it ... NDR .... and now the HUGE mistake with Ikke. Maybe to prevent LOTL? *mauve needs to cool down*

mauve

Veteran

"Our keyborder looks like he is ironing." 😂

"Where do you see yourself in 10 years?" - "We will have our 11th or 12th ESC-application." 😂

Such sweet guys!

CC92

Is Ikke's fanbase really that huge? His charts record may raise doubts about his alleged telly-vote invincibility IMO. Also, we do not know how LOTL, or indeed any of the preselected acts, would have fared if they had had to compete in the TikTok voting. Ikke was up against more or less "nobodies" there.

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
LOTL are a very well-know band with a big fanbase as well - but mainly in the Metal scene. They did have a few albums in the German charts though.

Ikke however is known by most people, even if they hate him. So if you subtract the haters and add people who don’t like him but vote for him "for the fun factor" because it’s oh so funny to mock Eurovision… I think that bubble is slightly bigger than the LOTL.

We will see how it will turn out next month. Considering that the jury‘s favourite is probably none of both (I tend to Rene Miller) it will be a tough race but doable.
I think the last two will have a showdown so that televoters of the NQ songs will maybe call for one of the two remaining.
If Patty Gurdy won’t qualify I hope some calls from her fans will go to LOTL because Patty is known in the Metal scene as well.

lasse braun

i have bad news for you.
my mom is 100% team ikke - (many moms love this sound,because it is funny & simple) xrollinglol
have more thought she goes with team patty but no chance.
same with frida (because german language) & the lords :devilish:- also tested the winners from spain & norway = (n)
one thing you must know,my moms door is harder than my door - the only music she likes is "the amigos","the flippers",this other bum-bum sound schlagermusic with various german "schlagerbarden" and in old school schlager mostly the one and only roland kaiser - at second place the retiered king of mallorca.
that makes it tough for normal ESC-stuff but ballermannsound with german lyrics goes always.:mrgreen:

p.s. from all not german ESC-stuff of the last years my mothers first choice is clara klingenström from sweden with her lovely timeless "schwedenschlager" but please only in german language but no cover until yet.xwait

Deleted member 12761

I have to say Frida's song has grown a lot on me and I just love that she is singing in german. I really hope she tries it again or if our broadcaster ever decides to select internally choses her. I would love a german pop artist to represent us in our language. Another artist I would love is Lea (with a song like Parfum). I'm not the biggest fan of german pop music but we do have some great and talented pop artists.

simori95

Out of curiosity, who do you think (besides relatively often mentioned René Miller) has a lot of chances to Score high with the international juries (based solely on the studio version as no rehearsals etc. of the live Performances Are known yet)?

Obviously Will Church comes to mind, but I could also see Patty doing well, maybe Anica (though too unpredictable) and maybe actually Frida Gold. But I feel like it’s all a relatively close field, literally anyone could do well with the juries. Ikke would be the most unlikely candidate to get a high Score from them, but one never knows.

I bims

Veteran
Out of curiosity, who do you think (besides relatively often mentioned René Miller) has a lot of chances to Score high with the international juries (based solely on the studio version as no rehearsals etc. of the live Performances Are known yet)?

Obviously Will Church comes to mind, but I could also see Patty doing well, maybe Anica (though too unpredictable) and maybe actually Frida Gold. But I feel like it’s all a relatively close field, literally anyone could do well with the juries. Ikke would be the most unlikely candidate to get a high Score from them, but one never knows.
I agree it's a pretty open field. Frida Gold, Will Church and René have high chances of being jury darlings. Two polished safe english pop songs with strong vocals and a pretentious german song about feminism. That's jury bait right there.
But it's hard to say, cause I don't know who makes up the jury. Are they more wanna be serious music experts or contemporary singers, producers and entertainers? The chances of Lord of the Lost depend on if the jury is more of the latter. Patty should be okay in both scenarios.

Depending on staging and if Anica has strong vocals, she could surprise us. The song gives me the vibe that it may work better on stage. (But I don't trust the NDR to give her a staging that would really elevate it and not make it cheap).

Iker

Veteran
LOTL are a very well-know band with a big fanbase as well - but mainly in the Metal scene. They did have a few albums in the German charts though.

Ikke however is known by most people, even if they hate him. So if you subtract the haters and add people who don’t like him but vote for him "for the fun factor" because it’s oh so funny to mock Eurovision… I think that bubble is slightly bigger than the LOTL.

We will see how it will turn out next month. Considering that the jury‘s favourite is probably none of both (I tend to Rene Miller) it will be a tough race but doable.
I think the last two will have a showdown so that televoters of the NQ songs will maybe call for one of the two remaining.
If Patty Gurdy won’t qualify I hope some calls from her fans will go to LOTL because Patty is known in the Metal scene as well.

Hopefully we're past the times of deliberately trolling Eurovision with entries.

rasmuslights

Veteran
My 10yr old son is in love with Melodies of hope. He listens to it on repeat for days! :love:

I‘m so torn between Patty and the Lord! I want both to win. LOTL is MY music but Patty is sooo Eurovision-y!

since when do we praise eurovision-y songs in the eurovision fandom :cry:

Top Bottom