6 2.9%

8 3.8%

20 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

PolarFoxxie.

Again, the year is 2075. People are still crying over Eskimo callboy. :rolleyes::censored::confused:
Can they get over it

And Germany has a lot of other options. Remedy from leony is played everywhere in Germany in every radio and clubs. Control from Zoe wees. Domenico Tarantino is the new German talent with a tremendous voice and many many more.
Whatever you expect, it won't happen. Cheer for other countries! :D
You talking to me? You don't know what i expect. Also you don't come from future so you can tell who's German rep for 2023. Germany has 80 000 000 people, i am sure there are many options for Germany, some of them I've mentioned. No need to spam every page about Eskimo or electric callboy how they call themselves nowadays. They wouldn't even feel welcome at Eurovision. Journalists would ask them about their past eventually. Give opportunity to others, especially Young Talents with amazing vocals like leony, Zoe wees or Domenico Tarantino. I am sure there is a plethora of Young Talents in such a huge country. Can you guys name any other singer (not e.c.).

Franzilein

It does baffle me why Germany doesn't tap into their thriving metal/nu-metal scene
It's doing wonders for Finland

Preach! Gimme Annisokay and I'll be over the moon :eek:

Call me crazy but I have a feeling that our country is going to change and do better next year. I've read an interview with our hod and it seems that they're listening to the fans and know what we want like more artists (she said that they could make 2 Semis with all 26 artists) and genre diversity. The backlash these year was huge and it will be interesting to see what they will do after the 14th May. I want to be optimistic. Our country has the talent, we just need to give them a chance.

You mean the same woman who said last year that potential ESC candidates shouldn't be afraid to be different and out of the box, only to present us a national final with 6 radio-friendly songs this year?

Deleted member 12761

We should withdraw. That's my opinion. They can still show Eurovision on the main program but we don't need to be a part of it.

mauve

Veteran
We should withdraw. That's my opinion. They can still show Eurovision on the main program but we don't need to be a part of it.
Instead withdrawing NDR could rather allow musical diversity instead of giving us 6 of the same kind. THAT would be a step further. But as long as NDR has its hands in it, I doubt that we will have for example some nu metal stuff. NEVER EVER.

GermanBango

I still think changing the broadcaster wouldn`t necessarily mean better songs/performances tbh. The German viewer just tends to go for the beige bs ... that`s how it is. We`ve had many good songs in our NFs especially between 2013 and 2016 or so but they all ended up falling short because they were "too experimental" for the German public.

b4ld3r

Every other Big 5 country are out of their slumps, obvious that serious change of management is needed. If the UK can do it, Germany can do it: you need to pump it better!

Oshawott

Only Yvonne Catterfeld can save Germany from this misery.

Franzilein

I still think changing the broadcaster wouldn`t necessarily mean better songs/performances tbh. The German viewer just tends to go for the beige bs ... that`s how it is. We`ve had many good songs in our NFs especially between 2013 and 2016 or so but they all ended up falling short because they were "too experimental" for the German public.

Partly disagree with this. We saw it this year again how our televoting results aren't as different to other countries (10p to Moldova, 8 to Poland, 7 to Serbia etc.), but that is simply because the ESC is watched by a larger, demographically more diverse audience than our national finals. Another broadcaster could do wonders here – although I am also quite sceptical. Still scarred by all the missed chances we had in the past :lol:

PolarFoxxie.

Germany results in Eurovision.

Last place, cancelled, last place, last place, prelast (second to last), prelast (second to last) and second to last.

Jay25

I could see the NDR trying to copy Sam Ryder, like they tried copy Daði with Jendrik, by internally selecting some "YouTube star" (are there any in Germany that do sing? I'm outside of this bubble)

JamieBrown

I could see the NDR trying to copy Sam Ryder, like they tried copy Daði with Jendrik, by internally selecting some "YouTube star" (are there any in Germany that do sing? I'm outside of this bubble)

tenor.gif

iykwim :ROFLMAO:

Deleted member 12761

I want a national selection but this time a big and serious one. And I want them to keep the concept. Continue "Unser Song für xyz". I want a german Sanremo, Bernidom, Melodifestivalen etc. A show that makes us excited every year. If other countries can do it we can too. It doesn't have to be as big as Melfest. Bernidom wasn't super big either and only had 12 songs. The most important thing is the song selection and this is where they flop. Stop with these radio friendly songs.

Something needs too change. Enough is really enough. Every German Eurovisionfan needs to write an email to ARD/NDR. We need to show them our anger.

Fluke

I don't get why Germany and Austria are so unwilling to send a song in their own language, it's actually understood and spoken daily by more people in more countries than many languages that are common in the ESC, like Italian, Spanish, Greek and the various Slavic languages, whose countries are not shy about using them at all. And it should be some kind of contemporary pop or a daring artistic statement like Rona Nishliu, Salvador Sobral or Iriao, and not a joke or weird genre entry like Roger Cicero's....

Navn Navnes

weird genre entry like Roger Cicero's....
Would love it if Germany sent something like that again, don`t think they will though, but they can`t get any worse results than they have gotten the last few years, so why not?

GermanBango

I want a national selection but this time a big and serious one. And I want them to keep the concept. Continue "Unser Song für xyz". I want a german Sanremo, Bernidom, Melodifestivalen etc. A show that makes us excited every year. If other countries can do it we can too. It doesn't have to be as big as Melfest. Bernidom wasn't super big either and only had 12 songs. The most important thing is the song selection and this is where they flop. Stop with these radio friendly songs.

Something needs too change. Enough is really enough. Every German Eurovisionfan needs to write an email to ARD/NDR. We need to show them our anger.
Hahahaha what do you think we have been doing for like a decade already? We had some sort of shitstorm basically every year after 2012 and NOTHING changed. :lol: At some point one just becomes indifferent.

I mean even their phrases after failures are the same every damn year: "We take this very seriously bla bla bla. We are gonna change the NF bla bla bla." At this point it`s just embarrassing. And it`s not only the NDR who keeps being a disappointment ... leave it to the German public to find the most meh song in a NF lineup that has potentially two or three songs in it that could to well in Eurovision (as seen in 2013-2016 and 2019).

Next year, same time we`re gonna sit here and lament another last place. Mark my words.

Ezio

Veteran
I think the worst of the Big 5 countries should be relegated to the semifinals. And if the country doesn't go to the Finals, then they would stay in the semis until they qualify and beat another Big 5 country.

Top Bottom