6 2.9%

8 3.8%

20 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Deleted member 12761

Her song is cute but I want something fresh and new. Anica would be a small progress from Rockstar. I think that Will Church is the dark horse of this year. He is probably going to be in the juries Top 3 and looking at our past NFs I can even see him doing very well in the televote. I'm okay with everyone minus Ikke. With LOTL and Patty we finally have two very good acts that would make Germany proud. This years NF is definitely going to be interesting. There are so many potential outcomes.

mauve

Veteran
For me Trong is also a grower. A few weeks ago he was my dead last place, but now Ikke has it. Also Will has such a meaningless song. I personally would rank my faves:

LOTL
Patty
Russo
Trong
Gold
Lonely Spring
René
Will
Ikke

Hit me for putting Trong before Gold. You can also call it guilty pleasure if you want. xqueenbitch

Mainshow

Veteran
^^ Will is dropping like a hot potato on my ranking as well.
He got a very impressive voice and that´s why I ranked his song quite high upon my first listen but that song is forgettable, bland, formulaic and generic. The lyrics are dire and I hate all the "battleground" metaphors for such a religious song. It´s too much cheese - even for Eurovision nowadays.

Kruto

Yes to LOTL, no to Patty. I've lost so many good rock song favorites already, can I count on on you, Germany, bitte?

I bims

Veteran
The only act I really worry about is Anica .. she´s got a great and interesting entry but I think it will be really difficult to pull it off live and evoke the same atmosphere on stage (the one from her music video)... also I can´t vision a fitting choreography and strobe lights would be really misleading for that song as well...
Yeah, I also tried to think about a performance that would fit her song (I can't help it, it's literally my job to visualize stuff). Then I remembered one of Sheldon Riley's "The Voice" performances. It looked like this:
Flowers.png

And I think this would catch elements from her music video, having that fairytale flair. Adding elements from Lucie Jones' staging with a nicely shaped mirror or LED to expand the sea of flowers behind her and having more interesting visuals would also be nice:
Flowers2.png

A highlight could be that at some point the stage goes dark but the flowers light up in different colors and create patterns/waves like explosions, to give her big notes a visual impact (like it did with Lucie).

I know NDR staff is lurking in forums from time to time, maybe this is an inspiration 👀

Maybe l'm too optimistic but I don't think that Ikke will win at the end.
I also don't think that he will. He won the Tik Tok vote because... who was his competition? No one really competitive either way.
And the online vote lends itself more to trolling than the final vote does. I'm still concerned that we will end up with René Miller. I like the song and wouldn't be that mad with him (this year is so fucking weak overall, he would do okay in May).
But with Patty and LOTL there, I don't want the regular english pop song to win.

Top Bottom